It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Says It Intends to 'Kill or Capture' Sadr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
U.S. Army Says It Intends to 'Kill or Capture' Sadr

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The U.S. military intends to kill or capture rebel Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr who launched an uprising this month with his militiamen clashing with coalition soldiers in several towns and cities.

Link

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Isn't that the intent of any army in any war, to capture or kill the other army's "enemies" leaders ?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
hahaha I guess so.

How long before he's gone, you think?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think once they capture him or kill him its really going to be hell for the troops there.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I think once they capture him or kill him its really going to be hell for the troops there.

It's already Hell for our troops over there, but I know what you mean.... I think it's only going to get worse,

and for every leader that we capture or kill, I'll bet that there are 100 more just waiting to stand up and take over....

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why would it get worse? That doesn't make any sense. I think that the rebels in Fallujah coupled with the extracation of this al Sadr clown, we will be sending a clear message to the Iraqi people: We ain't going nowhere and we're not putting up with this bullshi'te.

Letting this guy go, I think, would be the excellerant on the flame.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This guys days are numbered.
Personally, make a body double of him and put him in a 'spider hole' and then make him come out on TV.....you know, like Saddam came out.

Capture is not a choice for true religious Islamic fanatics because it robs them of 'martyrdom'....very bad mojo in the eyes of Islamic extremists.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
LOL @ "very bad mojo"

I'm just sitting here wondering how many more "clerics" there are waiting for their time in the limelight!!!

top topics

join