It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divided US House to hand Obama stimulus win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Divided US House to hand Obama stimulus win

news.yahoo.com

US lawmakers were to hand Barack Obama the first major win of his week-old presidency on Wednesday, overriding chiefly Republican objections to pass an 825-billion-dollar economic stimulus plan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Here we go again, we know that its going to pass despite objections, nothing new. I guess 1.4 trillion was not enough so lets add another $850 billion and see if that works. When will they finally figure it out...this is not working.

What about helping the little guy for a change or is that not the change we should expect? Well I guess not...the new boss is the same as the old boss. Hope we don't get fooled again.

This pushes the national debt over $9.4 trillion, who's going to pay that? It looks like they will not be happy until they have destroyed the economy and ruined the dollar beyond all recognition. I feel like we have been violated again and we didn't even get a kiss.

What is the solution, more money down the drain or Sen. Ron Paul's idea of letting it crash and right itself through adjustments? Your opinions.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well here it is, House OKs $819B stimulus bill in win for Obama. As I had stated before, how do they figure this is going to help when the other $1.4 trillion failed to? Then to top it off Billions more needed for financial rescue. Give me a break...so how can we get in on this gravy train?

[edit on 1/28/2009 by pstrron]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Is Obama gonna say, "I won .. again.. man this is easy"

He might be winning in his check book, but im sure enough that sooner or later...HOPEFULLY he will LOSE in the approval rating. BLAH who am I Kidding...

The Obama Train is gonna add more 'cars' to the train.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
At this point, the only recourse for the people is to simply not pay the tax bills so there wont be any revenue to pay for these freebie billion buck handouts to the already wealthy.

Time for a real tea tax party.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What surprises me is the lack of outrage to this stimulus as their was to Bush's package. IMO they both end up being misspent. I guess there are many people who feel that this stimulus is going to work or they just plain gave up arguing about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree. I think both are BS. Maybe people aren't outraged because of the tax cuts? Or maybe it's because it isn't going to the banks this time? Or maybe the lack of massive outrage doing nothing the first time is causing it? Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I don't know.

I don't get it either.

I like RF Burns idea....everyone quit paying taxes, but that will never happen either. I do like the sound of it though. We would never get everyone to do that in unison.

But...maybe if we dont' pay our taxes...we can say we just forgot and then get appointed a seat in the government! It worked for Geitner!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join