It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox: Scientists Teleport Matter More Than Three Feet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Quantum processing combined with holographic storage and teleportation of information equates to one of the biggest leaps in technology in the history of technology.

WOW. I want one.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This was done a long time ago.

Around 2001 I think, shown in the 2004 Guinness World Records.

Scientists teleported matter over a distance of 1 meter.

But yeh... this demonstrates some basic elements in Quantum Physics.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

C'mon man! They already have the technology for free energy. Nicola Tesla invented it (i think, maybe someone before him too??)
You are giving the explanation in your own writing...
They are holding it back on purpose!! You think queen beatrix of the netherlands (= owner shell), to name 1, will lett that happen? She would lose toomuch money. Think people wake up...

Evidence lies infront of the opened eyes

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
All I can say is..... "Fascinating"

Also not a one line post.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I still believe all these so called "NEW" discoveries are primers for what has already been taken to full fledge completion. (The Jump Rooms). But they have to break the news to the majority in this fashion because you wouldnt believe anything about the jump rooms so we start with baby steps. (We moved an atom 3 inches, 3 feet, 1 mile, 1000 miles, to the moon etc) you get the idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I still believe all these so called "NEW" discoveries are primers for what has already been taken to full fledge completion. (The Jump Rooms). But they have to break the news to the majority in this fashion because you wouldnt believe anything about the jump rooms so we start with baby steps. (We moved an atom 3 inches, 3 feet, 1 mile, 1000 miles, to the moon etc) you get the idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think they didn't teleport anything, but they made a copy of the information (or matter) from one place to another.
True teleport ala Star Trek moves unique matter from one place to another.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by delasur13
Sounds really Nice maybe one day we will have teleportation stations instead of airports! How cool is that

Trouble is ..... you could end up getting more than someone else's luggage.

The work of Pablo Picasso springs to mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hello All from NZ...

Interesting headline...

When considering a Disclosure Project Witness (as stated in the 'Disclosure' book) witnessed in person in 1955, at a US Univarsity, the matter transfer/teleportation from one room to another, a glass ashtray in an experiment I think 'they' have this technology whipped...

With stargates, jumprooms and other currently in use technologes from the black budget/UAPS that have been around for at least 50 years this is peanuts...

Thankyou for sharing though. I find it amazing the tiny crumbs of information that are released publicly...

Ka kite from Aotearoa

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Originally posted by Shadow_Lord
Subject line is misleading. They did not transport matter at all, just the information state. Fox should check their facts before printing something. /sigh

The real question is: What is matter?

Isn't all matter made up of billions of atoms, and does not each atom has a certain state and relation?

If you could duplicate or clone a quantum state of an atom, you would not be able to tell the difference between the original atom and the atom with the new properties, hence...

As I said, it would be interesting to see what happens to matter Y if you change the quantum state of all its atoms matching matter X. I suspect you will not be able to tell the difference between the two pieces of matter.

Cloning matter basically. If you then destroy the original you have in essence transported the matter from X to Y.

Edit to add:

Teleportation vs. other communications

What distinguishes this outcome as teleportation, rather than any other form of communication, is that no information pertaining to the original memory actually passes between ion A and ion B.

Instead, the information disappears when ion A is measured and reappears when the microwave pulse is applied to ion B.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by MoonMine]

This is scary to even say, because if teleporting organic matter meant that theory. then a person would be killed then cloned, but nobody would know because the person would be exactly the same, also too add would it be the same body with different soul?

See if the we do have a soul you'd have to transport a person in all dimensions and planes which is quantum physics on steroids, crack, and meth combined.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If they are willing to announce this publicly....can you even begin to IMAGINE what the United States military is TRULY capable of?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They already have created a full blown time machine, super humans with gene modifications, portal transportations to different parts of the galaxy,etc.

They only release bits and pieces to the public every few months or years.

What do you think the "missing" TRILLIONS of dollars in the past few years have gone to?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sounds more like they have found telekinesis between twin atoms. Sort of like effecting the brain waves of an atom in one place and getting a reaction from that atom and a twin atom located in another place simataniously. If im right it could bring a whole twist to virtual reality.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
- Star Trek Tech 101 -

The 'Transporter' on Star Trek works like this, as far as I remember.

First it turns matter into energy, the energy is then teleported to point B where the process is reversed, energy back into matter.

Now if they teleported "Information" from point A to point B, that's energy pretty much going from one point to another point, right ?

So all we need to make it like Star Trek is figure out how to do the other half of the system, namely how to turn matter into energy and back again.

God, I'm such a uber-nerd for knowing this junk.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
Quantum processing combined with holographic storage and teleportation of information equates to one of the biggest leaps in technology in the history of technology.

WOW. I want one.

Ehh, not really, I still regard the Industrial Revolution the biggest technological leaps in the history of mankind.

So what if we could process more information and quicker? It's not minutely comparable to 'yesterday we got no cars, airplanes, computers now every family has it'..

But hope they hurry discovering teleporting human-sized matter. So we could teleport all ET's to the Sun's core or off a cliff!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
awesome news indeed!
the last time i read about teleportation was about 2 years ago when scientists teleported light for the first time.

this is great. anyone care to guess how far the technology really is?

(say about 20 years progressive?)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
"In the Jan. 23 issue of the journal Science, the scientists report that, by using their protocol, atom-to-atom teleported information can be recovered with perfect accuracy about 90 percent of the time — and that figure can be improved. "

www.livescience.com...

I love it! Perfect 90% accuracy in teleportation. American Airlines has the same reliability with my luggage.

"Beam most of me up, Scotty."

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
yeleporting is moving something faster then the speed of light, it was there a fraction of a second before they knew it was because it is moving faster then the speed of light duh

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
E=mc2 is matter to energy. When we figure out how to convert energy to matter then we'll really see a paradigm shift in physics.

A thought i had, concerning the way quantum computing uses a "beam splitter" (or some probability device) to enable the quantum interface to read the state, could be susceptible to quantum interference. I'm thinking of all those experiments way back when that showed concentration or meditation on a certain outcome of a random number generator would shift the probability. How sensitive would a bank of billions of quantum RNG's react to the "observation" of a biased observer?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrWimpy

I love it! Perfect 90% accuracy in teleportation. American Airlines has the same reliability with my luggage.

Ditto on that!

Back in the '80s, the government was 20 years ahead of the public (found that out the hard way when I got out). Further ahead back in the '60s. Gotta love the data centers the government built in the '50s. So if the public is only 10 years behind, the public is catching up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join