It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Bill hands ACORN $5.2 Billion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't see a problem with acorn. There's a lot of disinformation about acorn from the Republicans. I don't really believe the propaganda about acorn from the right. While acorn may have done some voter fraud-- it makes them no less different from any other voting place- and I think the claims of acorn voting fraud are highly exagerrated. I ask you, what does acorn really have to do with Obama's stimulus package?

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Actually Frank, they were only investigated for voter fraud. The truth that came out of it was that they had paid some people to register voters and those people used fictitious names. They never would have been able to vote. So it was just voter registration fraud. Harmless.

You're right. The GOP smeared them. ACORN is an organization that helps low-income people, so the GOP hates them because they supposedly help "enable" the homeless and poverty-stricken. They don't like the idea of the government helping poor folks, because they're only poor because they're lazy, you know?

ACORN

The whole scandal is a phony used to smear Obama during the campaign.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

and after the bush white house gave 350 billion to the banks, i want that welfare money back. i want to know what each and every individual account that 350 billion went into, along with their names and associations. the american taxpayer should not put up with this crap. if the wealthy recieved any of this money for their own stupid mistakes, i want them thrown in prison for fraud and embezzlement of united states treasury funds.

Do you mean the same 350 billion that your liberals in the House and Senate voted "Yea" on?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So it was just voter registration fraud. Harmless.

Whew!! And here I was thinking that it was something REALLY serious!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok, can somebody tells me what is so bad about investing in Public services and community reach out.

I don't get it, even if acorn is to receive bail out money so hundreds of other groups like religious base organizations that are involve in public services.

So what is the problem?

At least this money will not end up in the hands of the financial corrupted CEOs and China.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think the big complaint is that people feel that ACORN really doesn't educate people into making a choice; it's more like, "Hey, vote Democrat!"

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes, but still we are not in elections right now that is done and over with. Now that we have so many families destitute, unemployed and in the streets something has to be done to help.

Today for the first time I say a man in my neck of the woods with a sign that said please help I can not feed my family.

I was just look at it with my mouth open because while we have lost a lot of jobs in the area this is the first time I see somebody with his family by the side of the road asking for help.

I can only wonder if this is an omen of times to come.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Oh, yes it will. They'll just spend it on vacations in Dubai and French handbags.
Admirable nationalism, though.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why act so surprised, They have to get paid for the hard work they put into his election. It is not easy getting Mickey Mouse to vote.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Actually Frank, they were only investigated for voter fraud. The truth that came out of it was that they had paid some people to register voters and those people used fictitious names. They never would have been able to vote. So it was just voter registration fraud. Harmless.

[/url]

The whole scandal is a phony used to smear Obama during the campaign.

If it's harmless then it seems to also be pretty pointless - and then by your own admission, ACORN would not only have spent this money needlessly, they WASTED this money onvoter registration fraud.

So, BH, something doesn't make sense with the whole story:

1. Either ACORN wasted a huge amount of money on voter registration fraud which gained them absolutely nothing and did absolutely nothing for community projects; in which case, that begs the question - WHY should the government be GIVING them any more money when they demonstrate that they cannot spend it responsibly???

or

2. There's more to the story than you're willing to admit or that you know;

How's that muddy logic working out for you lately?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
ok...I did some research cause this topic freaked me out. To me Governemnt funding of an activist group seemed wrong! However when i went through the posted stimulus package that was on the Huffington Post I found nothing that would give ACORN any money!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Page 222 Line 5....4.1 Billion to be used for "Neighborhood stabilization activities....RELATED TO EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE FOR THE REDEVELOPEMMNT FOR ABANDONED AND FORECLOSED HOMES"

If there is somewhere else I should look in this bill for money going to ACORN please tell me.

If not, in all fairness...even though I'm Republican...I must say, so far there is nothing to indicate that ACORN will get any of it. That line doesnt convince me....so, lemme know where else to look!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join