It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool ATS Avatar Question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I am curious as to how some people have really cool custom ATS avatars.

For example. Or this example. With the ATS logo in the avatar. Are they made by the member or is there a way to "buy" them from the ATS Store?

I appreciate any help, thanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
there are a couple of threads on BTS where good people offer their services in creating a custom avatar for nothing but appreciation and good will.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Here try this thread I'm sure you'll be able to get some cool ideas and help if you need

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

If you can work with photoshop or any other image program, and are imaginative and creative, you can make an avitar.

Just make sure it complies with the T&C avitar rules.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

There are many excellent avatarists here on ATS that would be willing to make you your own custom one.

My advice is for you to send a U2U request with the details to any of the following artists;

AshleyD , Greeneyedleo, or King Lizard

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

And Roswell1.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah there's alot of great artists here whom I'm sure have gone without credit(as usual
).

Roswell1 is one of them, not to forget also the fantastic "I'm A Marty".

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by leisuredrummer
example. With the ATS logo in the avatar. Are they made by the member or is there a way to "buy" them from the ATS Store?

I appreciate any help, thanks!

According to his/her signature, Illusionsaregrander got his avatar from AshleyD. She did mine too (I found her a pic that I liked and she resized it and added the logo but others get more elaborate ones.) Here's her thread where you can request her services - Custom Avatars By AshleyD

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well, it is pretty cool when people use their Imagination.

I created my Avatar myself, and I think it's okay.

It's just me in a Gas-mask....purple eyes and all...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You guys are great, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I use to have a crappy one that I got off the internet, But then I saw a post where ats members would offer to make them for you for free, Original sin made mine, I havent seen him in awhile but if you can, try to contact him, I just told him in the best words that I could what I wanted and he made me the one I have now. He can make you anything. He is really good

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Im a computer artist and would be happy to help out anyone who needs an avatar

FOR FREE

feel free to u2u me

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Made mine myself, but would like to see a better one if available. As long as Carnage is in it, he's my hero!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well I'm glad you got the information you needed so you can get your very own custom avatar.

I did mine in about 20 minutes I have a couple of others I'll show later
PEACE
SLay

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
Im a computer artist and would be happy to help out anyone who needs an avatar

FOR FREE

feel free to u2u me

Do you wanna have a play with my bush-bomb hat one?? I kinda like it, but my photoshopping is pretty basic, actually just some tips would be nice, I gotta learn (cos then I can fake me some UFO's!)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Photoshop is your friend! Try to see if you can get a bootleg version of it from someone you know.... Cheers!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Or if you can't get a bootleg Photoshop and don't have money for the real thing, get the GIMP

It's free, and does pretty much anything Photoshop does, although the learning curve is supposed to be a bit steeper.

And although there are some excellent recommendations for avatar artists already in this thread, you might want to browse through the Member Art Forum at belowtopsecret.com where many people offer their services (always for free, as far as I know).

BTW, if you have trouble following that link you might not be signed in to BTS. Your username and password there are the same as they are at ATS, but you do have to sign in separately.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
hehe hey sure.. sorry i took so long to reply its iv been busy posting and totaly forgot this thread

u2u me and lets chat abit ill be happy to make you a pic / avatar

hope to hear from u soon and others if they need help or tips

1st tip "understand layers" Very important!!!

i think ill make a helpfull avatar topic infact..

[edit on 31-1-2009 by theresult]

top topics

join