It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and aliens...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
lol you guys are lost. ever try gods testing us about the whole alien thing? maybe he didnt put it in writing cuz he wanted us to experience something? if they would have removed anything from the scriptures, thats under the influence of lucifers coincience.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing

Originally posted by AD5673

Originally posted by glitch314

Originally posted by AD5673
There are no godS. There is one GoD. There cant be many gods. There had to be one who created us all. And anyone who doesnt belive that will i guess just find out when they die burning in hell.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by AD5673]

Mabe you should try a less aggressive approach when exposing your beliefs to non-believers. I've been to a lot of seminars and programs regarding how to evangilize to people and threatening people with hell just tends to just piss them off.

Well I said what i belive is true. Well then i guess those people will just ignore what i said. But i still know its true.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by AD5673]

Religious Pluralism, please look it up and read it. I'm not docking anyone's religion, nor am I telling people what to believe, just understand that everyone has their own views instead of damning them to an eternity of suffering. Seriously.

Im Christian, and if you are Christian you too belive what i said.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I believe what you said, but it's people like you that make other people frusterated with christainity. If someone has differint views than you go ahead and approach them for it, don't curse them to hell!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Read My Keys ... [Hell Doesn't Exist]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Aliens are definitely mentioned in the Bible.From beginning to end.The Bible is shrouded in mystery just like almost evey religion on the planet.Plus you have to consider all the people who have changed religious texts for power and political reseans as well.Also, the people who saw the Aliens or "God" describe them and there vehicles.Fire chariots at night and "clouds" by day.There is virtually NO God with the vehicle he rides in.Check it out for yourselves.WHen God arrives, he arrives in a whirlwind and then appears his vessel.There are many different terms used to describe God's vehicles.Many of the descriptions of the people in the Bible say that it was the color of metal.The Bible is FULL of descriptions of "vehicles" that descend and take off!Ezekiel1:8 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-an immense"cloud" with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light.The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire "looked likefour living creatures". Ezekiel specifically calls them creatures.He goes on to describe the "wheel" that they fly inall directions in, and keeps reitterating that the "spirit" of the living creatures( why would he call them creatures?) was inside of the "wheel".And if you keep reading it, it tells you that on several occasions that he was taking aboard this wheel, once without his permission.Numbers9:16So it was always:the "cloud"covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night(seen any good ufo footage during the day, looks like a disk, and by night a glowing ball of fire).Not to mention during the Exodus of Moses, they followed a ufo out of Egypt (read your Bible!!).Acts10:11And Heaven opened, and saw a certain"vessel"DESCENDING unto him...and let down to the earth.There are LOTS of them!!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Bible is a cess-pool for "evidence"(depends on who's asking) of ancient astronaunts.THe "miracles" and "visions" just don't make sense unless you incorporate the ufo theory, and we would be DUMB to just rule out the Bible all together.When Jesus was born, a "star" parked itself over the manger where he was, remeber, the 3 kings who followed the "star" to find out where baby Jesus was born. I'm sorry, but star just don't park themselves over places! Not to mention the fact that Mary concieved Jesus a virgin.Invitro-fertilization my man.The same thing that ALL religions and myths have in common.Barren woman having babies.The same thing reported by abductees today.In some Native American "myths" they talk about "star people" that come from specific star constellations, impregnate thier women, and come back and get the baby.This is much too much stuff to be all just taboo. We need to re-evalute the whole situation.When we think of God, we automatically assume an old man with a white beard in the clouds.This is an egotistical way of thinking that needs to stop!!There are also been reports of aliens that look like humans, so the human-like "angels" may not be human at all. But just because God is possibly an et does not make him/her/it/they any less powerful does it?Einstein even said there were possibly other dimensions and realities, so why wouldn't there be things that live there.I do Know one thing, the Bible is definitely a good source for ancient astronauts. And I'd love to challenge any opposition to the notion!

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by jhova]

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by jhova]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In Genesis it even talks more about the past relations of humans and et's.Genesis6:6When men began to increase in size on the earth and the daughters of men were born to them, the "sons of God" went to the daughters and had children with them (why would beings that we have been taught to be purely spiritual, not physical, be tempted to 1st of all to have sex with human women, and secondly how is this physically possibly?Come on all of you "experts" where are you at!!).6:9The Nephilim where on the earth in those days, and sometimes after that (another link between other religions and myths because Nephilim has been linked to mean bully but the original derived Hebrew word for Nephil is giant. And almost ALL religions and Myths speak of giant beings.Any body familiar with the countless giant bodies of human beings and "others" found world wide.You can find some stuff at http//:www.return of the nephilim.com. If that is not correct check it out on google search. Also at the Nevada Stat Museum, they have a Human skull there a foot long, check it out...countless numbers of giant footprints over the years)-when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them.They were heroes of old, men of renown(or in other words, people who had supernatural abilities like Jesus, and a lot of "mythological" people and creatures in Greek Mythology and so forth.The Bible is FILLED with these types of things.Check it out for yourselves!!

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by jhova]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Try and think like an ET. How would you, as an ET, try to instill some measure of peace among a world overrun by a barbarous race of people?

Simple...you would allow yourself to be worshipped and revered as a God (or Gods). You would use your high tech to wow the people and strike fear into them. You would use your advanced knowledge to heal people, and to perform "miraculous" feats of seeming magic. All this in an effort to create social stability, because afterall, if there is no stability and peace there is very little foundation for learning and progress.

Telling such primitive people, who lack advanced technological knowledge as well as knowledge about their universe, that you're an ET from another planet/dimension will only fall on confused ears. The people could only understand and easily accept ET's in a spiritual/religious context. But that was ok back then. Only a few chosen/elite of each race may be permitted to know the real truth and nature of who you are, as well as be given advanced technological knowledge.

Today, in the technological age of high tech machines and air/spacecraft, when we see a UFO, we say it's a "UFO" or "flying saucer." We don't say that's "God" or an "angel" or whatever mythical term our more ignorant ancestors may have used.

I could be wrong about all this, but it makes sense to me. Afterall, doesn't seem logical to imagine that the "jealous" and wrathful God of the bible being an ET? Does it also not seem logical to see Virgin Mary sightings/apparitions and public religious miracles as having an ET etiology? Would not ET's take advantage of the human disposition towards religious beliefs and use these beliefs, even today, to convey important messages, warnings, and pleas for humankind to find peace? The ET's could create a vision here, a vision there, a miracle here, a miracle there, all over the globe. Believers by the millions would flock to these sites believing God was indeed present in some form and duly accept whatever important message was conveyed to them.

Is this not a more fruitful manner in which to conduct such communication among most humans? Would the people understand (or even obey) the message if it was conveyed by an overt landing party of ET's in gleeming spacecraft, or would they run in panic and confusion? Certainly most today are not yet ready for such a belief in ET's forced upon them, and this would defeat the purpose of helping to foster peace on earth. The ET's have to work with what people are ready to accept, and in a form that is comfortable and familiar to them in order for their efforts to be effective.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
Aliens are definitely mentioned in the Bible.From beginning to end.The Bible is shrouded in mystery just like almost evey religion on the planet.Plus you have to consider all the people who have changed religious texts for power and political reseans as well.Also, the people who saw the Aliens or "God" describe them and there vehicles.Fire chariots at night and "clouds" by day.There is virtually NO God with the vehicle he rides in.Check it out for yourselves.WHen God arrives, he arrives in a whirlwind and then appears his vessel.There are many different terms used to describe God's vehicles.Many of the descriptions of the people in the Bible say that it was the color of metal.The Bible is FULL of descriptions of "vehicles" that descend and take off!Ezekiel1:8 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-an immense"cloud" with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light.The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire "looked likefour living creatures". Ezekiel specifically calls them creatures.He goes on to describe the "wheel" that they fly inall directions in, and keeps reitterating that the "spirit" of the living creatures( why would he call them creatures?) was inside of the "wheel".And if you keep reading it, it tells you that on several occasions that he was taking aboard this wheel, once without his permission.Numbers9:16So it was always:the "cloud"covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night(seen any good ufo footage during the day, looks like a disk, and by night a glowing ball of fire).Not to mention during the Exodus of Moses, they followed a ufo out of Egypt (read your Bible!!).Acts10:11And Heaven opened, and saw a certain"vessel"DESCENDING unto him...and let down to the earth.There are LOTS of them!!

I already cleared up Ezekiel buddy, check earlier in this post and read what I said.

About the part with Peter, you kind of left something out.

"And behold heaven has opened! some sort of vessel descending like a great linen sheet being let down by its four extremeties upon the earth; and in it there were all sorts of four footed chreatures and creeping things OF THE EARTH"

Peter says "of the earth".... yay for squirrls and rabbits and things.

I agree, the possability of God having ET's is great, but there is nowhere in the bible where got mentions ET's, there just isn't. Just becuases there not mentioned though doesint mean there not there.

Oh yeah, and the one in Genesis, I think you have the wrong numbers or something cause what you said on here and what was in my bible were two completly differint things, make sure you have the passage right pls.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by glitch314]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You actually haven't cleared up anything! Wow,, just because you said something, don't mean nothing buddy!Ezekiel saw the wheel...plain and simple, and you can't take that away...period! Peter said that the vessel came to the earth, while you are trying to be a smart a$$.You cannot change what they said...period!you can try and say what you think it means, but it says it as plain as day "the living creatures were inside of the wheel".Creatures budd,get it straight.I know aliens in the Bible scares you a little bit, but it's o.k.I know you are forced to be out of your comfort zone psychologically with this because mommy didn't tell you, but mommy didn't know.You are like those scientists who find evidence contrary to thier hypothesis (when it comes to the history of earth and human origins) but disreguard it because it doesn't fit their way of thinking.In the Bible, God comes in a vehicle...period!And many scriptures say so.God even wants people to sacrifice animals to him.Now what kind of one and only God, who is against things like heathen religions that participate in things like sacrifice,would tell you to kill animals on an altar for him,And what about the conquest of all the race of giants God was at war with, they were hybrids man.You need to learn your scriptures better, and realize the obvious, and quit trying to look for "one worders" to kill an obvious phenomena.I will eat you for breakfast on this subject, so just chill and go eat a steak sandwhich or something, this is for the big boys who have actually been through immense suffering and have seen the light throught the darkness (I might be getting a little to deep for those who haven' t experinced much adversity in their lives). The fact that the vessels were there in the sky in the first place numerous times, is against history because there were no flying machines in the past or et's...were there?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Oh by the way, what i said is in your Bible you little smart a$$, in Genesis, I might have been off a little on the numbers, but its there!And quit using juvenile tactics to p1ss me off, it won't work!I have deadlt with this subject for sometime now and all of my conclusions keep coming up the same, aliens ARE in the Bible, and there is more evidence to say so then not.Numbers13:21-14!Quit trying to change what was written to fit YOUR narrow-minded way of thinking!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by jhova]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
God exists for those that have faith.

I do not....and so....do not believe in God.

For all the different faiths that exist on this planet, there must be thousands of Gods, each faith has there own theory as to why their's is the only faith or God. To question there faith is to question the existence of God. The one thing you cannot do in any faith is question your own reasoning.

FAITH - to be lead blindly...!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
While it is a logical stance to be skeptical of the "Alien Mythos", I am not certain the fact that the Bible does not openly declare their existence is reason to deny them in totality.
hmm actually I thought it was a logical stance to be skeptical of the "religion mythos"

ME

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm with Jhova on this!

From beginning to end the Bible spaeks of 'Celestials'/Angels/Aliens.

The Garden is plainly an intervention of these Celestials.

Now . . . What is 'Alien' to the Universe? NOTHING

When Peter woke up and saw a vessel come from the heavens and drop a sheet tucked at the corners and saw wild animals on them what was Peter looking at?

A space ship that showed him a movie about the animals and how he could eat them.

What about revelations and the sea of glass and all the footage shown in that sea of glass? . . . You are looking in a sea of glass right now . . . What is a sea of glass?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Even if, and that's a strong if, the Bible mentioned aliens (which it doesn't) and UFO's (which it doesn't)...it would still only be a theory that made it to print. The truthfulness of that theory is also based on the theory that the Jews God is the "one true god" and their religious book is the correct religious book. Come on now people...some of you are so desperate to be a part of the "alien experience" that you're willing to place aliens in your holy book in order to be able to tell people you belong to a religion that has been preaching about aliens from the beginning...that's so pitiful.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
and then this one time.......at band camp........."blah blah blah blah"

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Then what are you saying?That Ezekiel did not see the wheel?That, the rest of the prophets did not see what they saw?All you are saying is that what I am saying is wrong, you are not dealing with the problem at hand. You haven't answered any of the questions of the scriptures, because what is written is written and you can't change that.The scriptures themselves say it.But all you do is criticize what I say like I made it up, but nope, look it is right there.You just say"its impossible because the Bible is a holy book, blah, blah, blah...".What makes it any less holy if it is talking about et's?You NEED to get that image of a male white god with gray hair floating in the clouds out of your mind, because the Bible is just saying it isn't so, don't get mad at me,get mad at the Bible because you obviously haven't read the same book I have, and that's real!! I'm simply exploiting the obvious and a lot of people's pride (which they think is faith) won't let them see the truth!!http//:www.ufoartwork.com.Some people who painted these paintings obviously were trying to say the samething (dummies, pay attention to the paintings with Jesus and space craft in the background!!)And next time stick to the subject at hand and not use juvenile tactics to make me angry because it just kills your credibility!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
Then what are you saying?That Ezekiel did not see the wheel?That, the rest of the prophets did not see what they saw?All you are saying is that what I am saying is wrong, you are not dealing with the problem at hand. You haven't answered any of the questions of the scriptures, because what is written is written and you can't change that.The scriptures themselves say it.But all you do is criticize what I say like I made it up, but nope, look it is right there.You just say"its impossible because the Bible is a holy book, blah, blah, blah...".What makes it any less holy if it is talking about et's?You NEED to get that image of a male white god with gray hair floating in the clouds out of your mind, because the Bible is just saying it isn't so, don't get mad at me,get mad at the Bible because you obviously haven't read the same book I have, and that's real!! I'm simply exploiting the obvious and a lot of people's pride (which they think is faith) won't let them see the truth!!http//:www.ufoartwork.com.Some people who painted these paintings obviously were trying to say the samething (dummies, pay attention to the paintings with Jesus and space craft in the background!!)And next time stick to the subject at hand and not use juvenile tactics to make me angry because it just kills your credibility!!

You aren't coherent.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How about this ... We are all the Same, We are all God. As Jesus said, I and My Father are one, so as the Native Indians also believed, being that, we are one with Mother Earth, so we are One with that which we have created which is all that we see feel and hear. We create our own destinies and our own futures and our own Realities.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
How about this ... We are all the Same, We are all God. As Jesus said, I and My Father are one, so as the Native Indians also believed, being that, we are one with Mother Earth, so we are One with that which we have created which is all that we see feel and hear. We create our own destinies and our own futures and our own Realities.

*slaps Sapph with a bible*

*jumps up on soapbox*

SINNERS!!! HELL IS HOT...SO HOT YOUR EYES WILL MELT OUT!! DO YOU WANT THAT? JESUS WILL SAVE YOU FROM THAT SO GET SAVED NOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND YOU CAN GO TO HEAVEN TO DRINK AND BE MERRY WITH ALIENS!!!AMEN???

*jibbers*

*rolls around on the ground*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join