It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and aliens...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ok the Bible never mentions aliens. It only talks about men. So all the stories in the Bible only include men. If Jesus is God then how come he only came to men, and not to aliens? I mean if he would've have come to aliens too (if they exist) the apostles would've known. They would've mentioned that in the New Testiment, and wrote about it. How come in the Revalations it NEVER mentions aliens. It predicts the end of the world, and God bieng only with humans not with any aliens. So how do aliens here come in with the Bible? What if aliens are just a myth nothing more? What if all the UFO crashes arent even real? What if this myth was created after Roswell? Suposedly the frist UFO crash? Personaly i doubt now the existince of aliens. What do you people think? Please dont go all crazy on me and be pissed.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
While it is a logical stance to be skeptical of the "Alien Mythos", I am not certain the fact that the Bible does not openly declare their existence is reason to deny them in totality.

One of my personal views is, with ALL that Universe out there it seems highly unlikely this planet was / is the ONLY one to have generated life.

Naturally that's only an opinion since I have absolutely no evidence to support the idea. It is also the driving force that keeps me looking for clues and keeps me interested in what others have to say whether they claim first hand knowledge or not.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think there's a passage in ezekial talks about flying machines, i think it was a dream that someone had, but i'll try to remember what it was.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
by the way, if aliens were ever talked about in the books, i gurantee you, the churches would have striken them from the bibles, because it would question the religion and its doctrines.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

is reason to deny them in totality.

I never denied their existince totallyi just said i doubt they could exist. But because the universe is soooo big it is likly there is life on other planets. Even if it is microscopic.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
by the way, if aliens were ever talked about in the books, i gurantee you, the churches would have striken them from the bibles, because it would question the religion and its doctrines.

Thats true. (dam catholics).

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree in that , with all of the unexplained and the universe, there probably are other's out there..

How about this, there is more than one God ?

We here on earth have our "God", but all of the other planets and "species" have thier own "God" that created thier universe ?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would suppose every species would have their own god, but by giving god a different name, wouldn't it all conclude to one true god? i mean, we can't all use the same name. maybe god, goes by many names.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I would suppose every species would have their own god, but by giving god a different name, wouldn't it all conclude to one true god? i mean, we can't all use the same name. maybe god, goes by many names.

True IKN - but what if there were many Gods, you know like there are many MODS here at ATS but they are each over different subject threads... ??

1 God for Earth - Humans
1 God for Planet X - whatever species is there
etc....

maybe one of the Gods didn't do so well and that's why the aliens are coming to Earth ?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
or maybe Aliens wrote the bible posing as god.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
but if there are a hierarchy of gods, then we should be worshipping the god of gods, but what if there are different levels to the god of gods, so in actuality it would be god of gods of gods, the possibilities are infinite!
or maybe, there's just one. and every species worships that one. maybe aliens are like missionaires, spreading the word, but instead they were the kind of missionaires that knock on your door at 6 a.m. on a saturday morning, and the humans cursed them away. But there are always the nice missionaires that suck you right in, and that's how christianity/catholicism was started. Either way, we're trapped.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north - an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by birlliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. Inn appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings. Ezekiel 1 4-7

The storm and the wheels represents the glory of the Lord, and the creatures are called "Cherubim" these beasts are throne attendants, and they represent man. the lion which is the strongest of the wild beasts; the ox which is themost powerful of domesticated animals; the eagle which is the mightiest fo the birds and finally, man, god's ordained ruler of creation.

I've looked into this before, it's no UFO sighting. Ezekiel was witnessing the Lord in all his might with the "Cherubim."

:\ sorry guys, UFO's arent mentioned anywhere in the bible. But just because God doesint mention something in his writing, doesint mean its not there!

-Glitch

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

but if there are a hierarchy of gods, then we should be worshipping the god of gods, but what if there are different levels to the god of gods, so in actuality it would be god of gods of gods, the possibilities are infinite!
or maybe, there's just one. and every species worships that one. maybe aliens are like missionaires, spreading the word, but instead they were the kind of missionaires that knock on your door at 6 a.m. on a saturday morning, and the humans cursed them away. But there are always the nice missionaires that suck you right in, and that's how christianity/catholicism was started. Either way, we're trapped.

Good point.. I was going to answer, we're supposed to worship the God that is appointed over us ( earth - humans ) but that would contradict the bible,

Thou shall have no other Gods before me.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Is it that we're supposed to, or that we choose too?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There are no godS. There is one GoD. There cant be many gods. There had to be one who created us all. And anyone who doesnt belive that will i guess just find out when they die burning in hell.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
There are no godS. There is one GoD. There cant be many gods. There had to be one who created us all. And anyone who doesnt belive that will i guess just find out when they die burning in hell.

Mabe you should try a less aggressive approach when exposing your beliefs to non-believers. I've been to a lot of seminars and programs regarding how to evangilize to people and threatening people with hell just tends to just piss them off.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch314

Mabe you should try a less aggressive approach when exposing your beliefs to non-believers. I've been to a lot of seminars and programs regarding how to evangilize to people and threatening people with hell just tends to just piss them off.

Well I said what i belive is true. Well then i guess those people will just ignore what i said. But i still know its true.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You may want to check out www.bibleufo.com... for more info on this subject than you can shake a stick at.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
IT talks about an "angel" telling jhon the revelation. Explains (maybe) what they look like, or at least what that individual WISHED jhon to view him (her, it, they).
Can't have missed that could you have?

...Psalms of 115, how there in liars language the truth does gleem...

...Thoughts of a "crazy" man...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch314

Well I said what i belive is true. Well then i guess those people will just ignore what i said. But i still know its true.

Religious Pluralism, please look it up and read it. I'm not docking anyone's religion, nor am I telling people what to believe, just understand that everyone has their own views instead of damning them to an eternity of suffering. Seriously.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join