It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got an idea!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5ive the light
reply to post by Obliterated

but im not talkin no tech just no self important bs
im just as important as any one, your the same and so is all humanity and i think if were ever gonna get out of the mess we're in then we need to do some thing dont we?
mr 50

Haha... and you think ATS'ers are the ones for "no self important bs"? Hahahahahahahah..... sounds like a dysfunctional family forming.....

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

You hand out the law, I'll hand out the divine justice on all things cheesy

Seriously, it's a great thought...but even if we did get an island, overcome the social hurdles, feed our masses, and live a perfect life, someone will bomb us for being too happy

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

well if you can save enough for a weeks rent,there and around, & if we get enough of us then we could buy an island.some may be willing to part with more therefor balancing the economics of it. i mean problems with others are only through mainly soscial standing , if every ones equal theres less problems, if every one signs a contract (pledge aleagence) then the legality is there.if there is an argument we all get the chance to speak with medeators preasent,if no soulution is found we cast a vote and then it be know as the truth,acepted by every one.
ps sorry if i take a while to post im at work. gotta make shakes to pay rent, im a slave i know

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

add defend ourselves to your list and vwallah!
not one line

edit: work comp sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by 5ive the light]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Not sure if everyone knows this but Adak, AK. is virtually uninhabited.

51 52' 03.57 N
176 38' 17.27 W

The city infrastructure is already there. Electricity, internet, plumbing Neighborhoods, stores, Indoor pool, racquet ball courts etc.

Check out google earth for a view.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

The wind on Adak is highly variable and often unpredictable.... the record speed is unknown because the wind ripped the anemometer off of the tower
en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds wonderful. Let's all move there and rename it Paranoia "Deny Ignorance, AK".

Edit: there's something poignant a small, freezing island, alone and Denying Ignorance.

[edit on Jan 28th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by The Undertaker

The wind on Adak is highly variable and often unpredictable.... the record speed is unknown because the wind ripped the anemometer off of the tower
en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds wonderful. Let's all move there and rename it Paranoia "Deny Ignorance, AK".

Edit: there's something poignant a small, freezing island, alone and Denying Ignorance.

[edit on Jan 28th 2009 by Ian McLean]

Great Name!

I especially like the following demographic from Wiki on the island:

For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 188.8 males.

My kind of place!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

suppose somwere habitable would be nice

but i for one dont care any more,there is no freedom here, slightly more but not freedom. humans dont need a planet to suvive any more just light water and atmosphere.we have the ability to do anything we can think of we just have to pull our rescources as a speicies. its bad enough living with sheep lettalone joining the flock. obviously with out the farmer the animals run off. do you trust your government? i dont trust mine, christ have you heard them talk hidden in plain sight if ever iv seen it!

edit: not to say we should'nt love the planet, but we could live in a man made atmosphere as long as we have plants/water raw matierials then we would'nt just suvive but prosper

edit:damb keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

A hottie like you wouldn't have a problem gettin some there.
As they like to say in AK. "The odds are good but the goods are odd" for the ladies.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im all for micro nations but it has to be terra nullius theres a great island south west of Australia, see you all there. Not

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sometimes the best way to get an idea of how something works or doesn’t work is to look at what was done before and this has been done before; quite a few times actually, and it never ended well.

You will always have an enemy even if it is just you, your mommy, your daddy and one brother.

People do not stay still. Wanderlust will someday bring a stranger to your door and if he doesn't kill you with some strange bug or disease he brings along on his first visit his return visits or the visit of his friends will do you in.

Small islands are wonderful for small groups but nature has a way of adding to the mix so it will not take long before there will be more mouths to feed then space available so someone is going to have to leave. Either voluntarily on the long swim or involuntarily...

This is just a quick look at some of the pitfalls that are likely to plague such a venture but history and literature has this very well covered and most of it is quite entertaining as well as insightful.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

personly i just want us to be able to call us human,but i cant. not as a whole, there are individuals who i would class as free but when the rest come to the light side then they'l see what pig swill they live in and as it wont be restricted joining, the only enemys i can see is the rich and powerful of the countrys we leave. if we can free enough mabey we can show the world how awfull unnesciseary things like war , famine ,deseise are and give the common person the chance to avoid such atrocitys. our own governments wont protect us so why dont we protect our selves?
and if we have to have an eneny who better huh?
id rather go down trying than live a crap life and be thankfull! ok dont get me wrong im semi-happy with my life but i believe we have the power to get and i think real adult human's deserve it.
MORE!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I Would definately do it if you had a location for it. Find a geographic region close to some water, prefereably warm 9-12 months out of the year, and I'll bring my college educated mind and some muscle to the table.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
On this island, will there be fresh water and lots of healthy food? Because a person can't live off junk food alone.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You really think that would work? ATS has some of the most ideologically minded people on the internet, liberals and conservatives, atheists and christians, judging by the.. heated conversations that take place in threads here, do you really think we'd be able to form a cohesive society? I'd predict civil war within a short while!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There is a song called "Right in Two" by Tool on the 10,000 Days record that perfectly sums up why this idea is great in theory but will never actually work. Maynard wrote it from the prespective of an angel wondering why we are like we are and why they are left out, here are the lyrics(or as close as I can find Tool doesn't include lyrics with thier cd's).
Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused...
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.
Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Planted in this holy garden, silly old monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused...
Father blessed them all with reason,
And this is what they choose...
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one they're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground...
Silly monkeys, give them thumbs
They make a club
And beat their brother down...
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant is a creature who would
Squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here...
Cut it all / right in two.
Cut it all right in two.
Cut it all right in two.
Fight over the clouds, over the earth, over sky.
Fight over life, over blood, over air and light.
Over love, over sun, over money.
Fight till they die, over what? Over lies and greed!
Angels on the sideline again,
Been so long with patience and reason...
Angels on the sideline again,
Wondering when this tug of war will end...
Cut it all right in two.
Right in two.
Right in two.

I have two small boys and being so I have to buy two of everything and they still fight over which is "Thier's". I believe that it is the inheirant nature of people to feel ownership over something if not everything and the jelousy that comes along with not having can be a stronger emotin than even love. Sad as it is to say we are greedy and act on emotin rather that rational thought most of the time and this is our major downfall.....
Silly Monkeys cut off your thumbs!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I just had this conversation with my mother. There is a disease that lies deep within our DNA. Even if you are lucky enough to go several generations in peace sooner or later this monster will raise its ugly head.

There is something in us that is as natural as breathing and it causes us to do things that bring destruction down upon our heads. Sometimes we think that we are doing the right thing but it is always what is right for us not what is right for the many. We are incapable of automatically thinking that way. Self survival is a primordial instinct and is runs too strong in our souls.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Flying car, man, gotta have flying cars or no deal.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Flying car, man, gotta have flying cars or no deal.

You would probably have to bring your own flying car man. I mean we are getting a free island what more do you want?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join