It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying Rich Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
So I live in a condo complex. It's got a good batch of tenants. The newly wed couple decorating their home for the first time together down the hall. A single mom and her very talented kid who can play the drums like a pro at 13. A Reclusive fashion model who's always polite and thoughtful when she's around. A real estate sales woman who is the go to girl in the building for common sense advice and throws great dinner parties for everybody in the building.

And then there's this one kid down in the unit across the hall from me. This Kid is really about 23. He owns some trendy fashion line or something that's sold down on melrose Ave. It's his second year running. he's successful makes a lot of money, has a billion wannabe rich kid lackeys rolling in and out of his house all day...and night. we tolerate it. even when he does pokernight at his condo with his buddies and they whoop it up till 3AM on weeknights with the windows open as they play. shouts reverberating around the courtyard all night.

His buddies take up every single guest car parking spot and they park there for days on end cause they are all crashing at his pad weeks at a time. Some even like to peel out at 1AM for fun after a jubileent night of partying at this dudes pad. We've all tolerated him, his buddies for about 8 months now.

Some of you out there might be reading this rant and are saying to themselves. yeah I know just the type, like my own stinking neighbor. So I put up with this guy.

The other day I'm walking down the street on the side of our condo complex and I see a wallet laying open face down in the gutter. Naturally I pick it up and look for the ID inside so I can return it to the owners address. I find the ID and it's the neighbors wallet. the annoying neighbor.

I've been wanting to meet him better anyways. you know maybe give him a friendly heads up that some of the neighbors were frustrated with his Friends and his late night parties keeping everybody else up in the condo. So I knock on his door. no answer. I leave a note on his door. "hey the dude down the hall has your wallet, found it while jogging this morning come bye to pick it up or call me" etc...No answer by 2PM. He's home, his car is still there. I Knock on his door again. he's home I hear him bitching to himself that somebody keeps knocking on his door but not actually even trying to open the door or at least look out the window or something to see who it is. Sounded literally like he was simply too annoyed and inconvenienced to come to the door.

2 Days go bye!!! he's come and gone from his home several times. ignored my messages both on his phone and his front door for the last few days. Could care less that his wallet is missing. although he should. it had two ATM cards. a full suite of mastercard, visa platinum and a black platinum Amex card. 75 bucks in small bills. His Drivers license, his Gym ID card, some passwords scribbled on some note pad paper for something. You'd think you want that back right.

Guess not. Finally I go over to his door at the end of the 2nd day in the evening and knock on his door again. he's been home for the last 2 days coming and going WTH. so finally after a minute he opens the door. he's on his cell talking to a buddy of his phone never breaking cadence talking about some girl or something he was talking to the other night... or something. who knows hew was really into he's conversation. no matter how trite it was.

never acknowledged to his friend that he was answering the door or anything. just simply opened the door, nodded at me like "hey watsup" grabbed his wallet. sorta flicked his wrist/hand in a goodbye gesture and closed the door. never breaking cadence in his cell phone conversation. Hasn't called me or knocked on my door in the last 2 days although he's been home to say thanks. No thanks at all, and I doubt he will knowing his type.

Annoying Rich Kids!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I say we eat nothing but wolfs chili for 2 days then lay a massive steaming mud monkey on his windshield, since its chili I am sure we can plaster all his buddies vehicles as well. 6:00 am seems like the best time to do such a thing.

I'll send out the memos.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Haha sorry that made me laugh.

I feel for you thou.

At first I thought he wasn't opening the door because he suddenly became depressed about something, I guess not lol.

I wish you luck with the coming days.

Peace.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I hear you.

Where I went to High School we had the worst kind of rich kid. The ones that had been expelled everywhere else and the public school was thier last resort. Mommy and daddy could not buy thier way back in.

Worst humans on the planet IMHO

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I hear you.

Where I went to High School we had the worst kind of rich kid. The ones that had been expelled everywhere else and the public school was thier last resort. Mommy and daddy could not buy thier way back in.

Worst humans on the planet IMHO

Oh my god I can just imagine. lol

My public school was just full of annoying evil kids! And they were probably not rich. So it goes both ways I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Mudmonkeys.

I've assembled an elite squadron primed and ready to "go" at a moments notice.

Just give us the word and we'll be happy to "drop" by.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If it happens again, keep his debit/credit cards and when you return the wallet if he doesn't say thank you, take them to a fairly populated, but poor, area and "lose them." Karma will do the rest.

Edit: grammar and deletion of a rather unclassy statement about rich people.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lysergic,

The dookie raid sounds like a great idea! Would be great to have somebody come over and help contribute to the neighborhood so to speak.

The brat gets worse. His buddy. A stupid kid in designer jeans, walks around wearing a super tight T-shirt from some trendy boutique WITH A TIE!!! A tie on a t-shirt. And a silver chain with a massive fake bejeweled cross dangling from his neck like he's making some sorta statement and glass earings the size of thumbnails gets a new car. A beautiful car no doubt, it's a S5 Audi. Great car. The guy adds exhaust, even bigger rims, and some sorta after market turbo that makes the car whine at very, very high decibles, and sounds like a 18 inch long kazoo is attached to a high output turbine going full tilt boogie.

Decides hey just bought it and supped it up-good for you- so I'm gunna show it off to my friends by taking it to their condos and reving the thing at 6 thousand RPMs at 12:15AM for 15 minutes. Right in front of the building. Like 15 feet from the peoples bedrooms kinda right in front.

For 15 minutes all everybody hears for 3 blocks in the neighborhood is this.

VRRRRRM!! VRRRRRM!! VERMM VERM VERM!!! VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM!!!!

(derisive laughter from him and his buddies standing around in awe of their buddies new car)

VRRRRRRMMM!!!! VRRRRRMMMM!!!!! VERRRRRRRRRMMM!!!!!

(More -heh! heh! heh! from his buddies)
the sound of car doors thumping shut.

VRRRRRRRMMMM!!!!! SCRREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAACCCHHHHHH!!!!!!
the thing peels out. At this point I'm going for the phone to call the cops.

THen from about 2 blocks away.

whhaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA, WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! WHHHAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!

As he bangs though gears doing 75-80 MPH down the street.

a minute later.

VRRRRRMMMMMMM!!!!! VRRRMMMMMMM!!!!! OUT IN FRONT AGAIN!!!!!

(more laughter from his buddies and the car doors thumping shut again.)
finally as I rip open the patio door to go out and yell at the punks, they like true punks, get back in the car in a hurry and
yep you guessed it.

VRRRRMM!!!! SCRREEEEEEAAACH!!!! off into the night.

About 15 minutes later (which is great for the LAPD) a cop car pulls up in front of our building and starts doing the thing with the search light. drives around the block a few times and leaves. Guess the neighbor called the cops before I could.

They return around 2:24AM

VRRMMMMM!!!!!
(car doors thumping closed loud talking) and the car drives off. and I watch the neighbor almost skip back to his unit. making sure the gate slamed shut behind him so the whole building and courtyard hear a loud CLANG!!! as it shuts.

ANNOYING RICH KIDS!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Grab that plate number!

If they start up again with that behavior in the middle of the night, call them in ASAP with a complaint.

I've known neighbors like that before. You have my condolences.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Not to buck the trend or anything but it sounds to me like these jackasses would be jackasses no matter their income level.

One of the things you can do is reciprocate the noise level round 8amish. They won't like that one bit.

[edit on 28 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
YEah they builders/contractors are going to be redoing the courtyard tilework this upcoming month. Should be fun since they have to remove all the slate first and they are going to be doing it starting every morning at 8AM. Wakie Wakie!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Karma might just take care of this guy.
Maybe in his next life he'll come back as a mud monkey.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Man, should've had me come by tonight, this whey protein and flax seed smoothie cleaned me out.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I had an annoying neighbor who used to enjoy bouncing a basketball off the wall between our apartments at all hours of the night.

I went and bought a 1,000 watt stereo system with 8 speakers and a subwoofer I could barely lift.

We get along much better now.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
unfortunately the noise from a 1000 watt speaker would drive my good neighbors. But being a bass player I have plenty of wattage and speakers. A 2x15 cab. Two 4x10 Cabs. Amps in solid state and a hefty tube one. I could put cracks in the walls if I needed to. Maybe i could get permission from the other residents to do it for one night. Although I believe if anything it will just encourage him thinking well if the neighbor is making so much noise than it's OK for me to.

Whats worse about this kid is that he didn't have to work to get his dough. He's a trust fund baby. parents even bought and have their people run his company for him. He just said daddy I want to won a clothing line to sell to all my rich trendy friends. OK son. and that was it. So the kid doesn't even have to work. his income is really more like allowance money from his parents. they run his company and send him his paycheck!!!

Annoying rich kids!!!!

DJARUMS,

I know what you mean about the neighbor who bounces things off their walls. I had a neighbor once when I was living in a crappy apartment in the wrong side of town. At all times of the day Bam Bam Bam on the walls. Day night didn't matter. it sounded like she was trying to break a block of ice or frozen peas or something by slaming it on the counter.

FInally she gets evicted for being a few months behind and the manager lets me see the inside of her apartment. THis lady was a religious person with a severe mental disorder. she covered all of the walls in the apartment including the closet interiors with little dime sized holes every 10 inches or so. Every wall...she had a few years to do all this. THeu asked her why she did that to the walls. her reply. To let the demons have a place to exit the apartment. that everybody in the building where atanists sending demons at her and that demons would stand on her balcony at night. she doesn't have a balcony. Strangely she taped plastic bags over the air vents to keep the demons out. which sorta gets in the way of the holes in the walls to let the demons out.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Get all your good neighbors together and complain to the building manager. If that does not work, call the police every time the noise gets unbearable. Eventually, the bratty tenant will get the idea. Enough complaints can lead to eviction, and that goes on a record if the brat tries to rent again.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
BASSPLYR, you live in LA right? You should have taken the wallet, driven through Compton and thrown it out the window. Problem solved. What's more, you should have put a brochure for his jeans in it so the finder would know what kind of loser he's dealing with. It's silly/useless to try to be decent to people like that.

new topics

top topics

join