It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behavior Detection Officers to be Deployed at Super Bowl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Speaking as a large man who doesn't like crowds, is extremely aware of his surroundings (ie: my eyes are constantly surveying the area around me, making me appear like I'm anticipating something), tends to get a touch of the hand shakes when I'm craving a certain plant not discussable according to the ATS T&C, and who usually wears biker/redneck/survivalist freak clothes when I'm not at work, I find this article disturbing. I have no problem with the police, neither hate nor love them as long as they let me be, and I certainly would pose no threat at a Super Bowl, yet I get the impression that I'd be displaying the type of mixed behaviors they are looking for.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

LOL !!!

Real good, hardcore... Star!

And moisture from sweat makes a good conductor!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

That's what I thought RF, the FL heat would make anyone a little sweaty.
Gives the au6th6or6ities another bogus, pre-existing condition to justify their continued trample of our rights!

. . .My Patriot Act. . .
. . .Is the Bill of Rights!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

LOL . . . Star!

Just so you don't have the 30 ought strapped on, you should have no problems! Me, I've toned down the militant garb; but you can have my biker boots and vest, when you pry them from my cold, dead, carcass!

And I hear ya about God's children of flora! We all twitch somewhere!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've never understood the craze of the SuperBowl in the first place, but people really should begin to boycott. The way I see it if you attend or support the super bowl you're also now supporting the use of biometrics on yourself.

You're a labrat if you attend this event as every year they're pushing their luck in the name of security. Remember face scanning? That didn't end up sitting too well, so they claim to have abandoned biometrics.

Facial-scan technology, which made a flashy and controversial debut at the 2001 Super Bowl in Tampa Bay, Florida, is essentially out of the business of working the crowds.

"We're stepping back from surveillance and concentrating more on controlling access," said Cristian Ivanescu, chief technology officer of Graphco Technologies. The company is one of several manufacturers of systems that confirm identities by using biometrics -- measurements of parts of the body such as the face, retina and fingerprints or of other physical characteristics such as the voice.

Source: Biometrics Benched for Super Bowl

biometrics

The statistical study of biological phenomena.
The measurement of physical characteristics, such as fingerprints, DNA, or retinal patterns, for use in verifying the identity of individuals.

This current stuff isn't any better yet few complain this year?

Although I'm aware this isn't exclusive to the SuperBowl, people shouldn't accept this as the norm, enough is enough

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sara1

I did for a while, back when the Chicago Bears dominated in mid-80's, but
not anymore.
Thanks for the post and link Sara1. Star! (and welcome to ATS)!

I guess that facial recognition won't work when people move around, and the light isn't ideal for the cameras...

I guess the best thing still going, is an old-fashioned, experienced, gum-shoe cop.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join