It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behavior Detection Officers to be Deployed at Super Bowl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Behavior Detection Officers to be Deployed at Super Bowl

www.blacklistednews.com

TAMPA - If an officer asks if you need help on Super Bowl Sunday, he might be more than just gracious.

Each behavior, such as profuse sweating, could be innocent on its own but raises eyebrows when coupled with other behaviors, Milano said. He declined to elaborate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
"Excuse me sir, we noticed how badly you are sweating, so will you please accompany us to the security office for a strip-search, background check, blood draw, DNA sampling, fingerprinting, hair folicle testing, retinal scan, risk evaluation, family geneaology investigation, and facial recognition typing?"

"Of course, your rights will be fully respected during this process!"

Sorry, but this security scare-mongering mindset has got me a little punchy tonight. Behavior Detection Officers? Give me a break! I don't think they realize that the most dangerous types are probably as cool as a cucumber, just before 'going off', don't you think?

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Behavior detection is totally bogus. I found out the hard way that its some made up bull.

These folks are definitely not working for the people... definitely a proxy for something else out there. There is no way anyone would believe any behavior detection garbage, that's total bull.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It seems a rather odd name to call it to me. Point being its not like I did not expect them to be there. What will be interesting is if there are any stories from it after the fact.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well you know there has been cases, where people who have intellectual disabilities have been thrown in the drunk tank.
Yet they weren't drunk and don't consume alcohol.
How it looks has always been a major part of police work.
Even though things aren't always how they look.
What a way to train people, who are supposed to be protecting the community.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This is disgusting - The Police state rolls on unabated.

*Along with the Sovietesque 'Screeners' there will be people employed to justify their presence:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is nothing new, has been going on for years. However, the name is new (at least to me), wonder why they started using it? I remember going to a conference about 10 years ago where a consultant for the U.S. government was talking about the types of profiling that he taught people. He was Mossad. It was very interesting...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
We all gotta go sometime. Welcome to the police state of fear. Terrorism should be treated like the crime it is and should be investigated and prosecuted as it happens.

Humans terrorize each other.

Because we're afraid. Of everything. All the time. Paranoia rules the psyche of society. The government capitalizes on it.

Stop being afraid. Start policing your own. Become aware.

I don't fear muslim terrorists. Gang kids love Jesus...there's some christian terrorists for you and they're EVERYWHERE...but I'm not afraid of them, I'm mad at the parents who are either unaware of what their children are doing or are involved in the gang activity themselves.

Shouldn't we ALL be behavior police and become more aware of what's going on around us?

Get involved. Know your neighbors. Love your community. Change our attitude and we can change the world. We can either confront our own demons or go down like the pathetic, weak, afraid people they're making us out to be.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
the detection officers are going to be overwhelmed

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

i AGREE it is hideous from the gitgo in the ways they seem to be using it increasingly in the USA, now..

However, Israel has been incredibly safe with El Al based significantly on such profiling and monitoring.

It's NOT totally bogus.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Thanks for reply Mega, Star!

May a press you for an anecdote about your experience?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Odd indeed, Red; in fact, annoying! Star!
I didn't either.

Yeah, I'll watch for any...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Hey, real good point you bring up there, BorgHoffen. Star!

I hope they know that it's a federal felony to assault a disabled person...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Oh, you got that right! Star!

And remember- a police state needs not justify anything to anyone, they just keep using more deviant tactics, backed-up by more lethal force...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Mossad? I LOVE that stuff on my hot-dogs!
just kiddin

Seriously, I would like to hear more from you on this behavior/profiling subject, and how it probably relates with these 'officers' who will be deployed at the Super Bowl!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
"sir, why are you sweating so much?"

"I've been jumping and cheering, why?"

"You need to come with me for some questioning."

"no!"

*Sounds of tasers*

*sounds of groaning*

Lmao.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I would say that these behavior detection cops would have a hard time trying to determine if someone sweating is actually nervous..or just hot from the Florida sunshine and humidity.

I suspsect that these guys will be looking for obvious conduct of excessive drunks and excessive rowdiness. I doubt they would even consider the decorations of paint and fuzzy red hair to be of any significance, considering that is a tradition at almost any NFL football game, especially the super bowl.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kat77

Love that realistic attitude there, Kat- Star!

And good advice, about being aware, and involved; but i would caution anyone who goes beyond THAT... the cops don't like us American patriots gathering, exercising our Constitutional rights, and policing ourselves...nnoooo . . .

Of course, if EVERYONE did it, the cops would be outnumbered by about 50,000 to one, huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Great post. Applauding. Whistleing! and Star!

Them guys are true fans, hope the behavior-nutso-detectors know the diff! Reminds me of the Chi Bears Super Bowl from mid-eighties. We attended some games leading up to it, but not the big one... Let me tell ya 'bout Soldier Field WIND-CHILL and Jim Beam...

Love those images. Adds a lot of color to my thread, thanks.

But not as much color as that awesome avatar! Is he one of the villians from Underdog? or Rocky Squirrel & Bullwinkle Moose? I know I recognize him, just can't quite place him. hey, my cartoon days were the 60's!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join