It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant ant colony, world wonder( cool video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This video is very cool, watch it, you wont believe the size of this thing! I had to share this one, hope you enjoy the video

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thats amazing. Thanks for posting that up.

I had no idea that ant colonies looked like that. Incredible what those little ants can do on pure instinct.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
WOW
Thanks for the share , that is a truely awsome sight.
Thank god they're not any bigger or we'd be in some serious trouble

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well that is indeed an interesting video and interesting how they filled up the ant colony to solidify it, then dug it up.

But in reality, they only skimmed the surface of the population of ants on the planet, large and small.

Those guys have been around for millions of years, and will continue to be around long after humans are gone.

I would not be surprised that if they were to crack open some of that solidified colony, those ants will still be alive.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

That was amazing, thank you for sharing.. I have seen other programs about ants, and have seen the same process used to uncover how big the colony was, but never one that huge.. incredible..

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That was really, really cool, as a artist it gives you a insight into the insect colony psyche. Very Interesting for sure.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You're welcome all! I just thought this was cool and how often is it that we get to see such a masive colony, as an almost freestanding structure? how cool. Maybe I'll do that on a small scale with some resin or something, who knows.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
wow, just wow!! Makes you wonder what all there is about ants we still dont and never will know!!

second line!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What astounds me is the way it's built, it's almost like it's preplanned or something, we know the ants communicate via chemicals but this is just incredible, if we humans were to take on a similer task it would be tough even with raideo communications and modern tech, these little guys do it with only the tools mother nature gave them

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That was indeed amazing.

Makes me think of Bernard Werber's books, which i would highly recommend to anyone intrested in science fiction, biology, or aliens living here on earth amongst us

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

Thanks I'll check out the site, I'm seriously gonna do this in the summer time to see what the local ant cities look like.

top topics

join