It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A month later and another giant wave impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Check it out a month later. Another giant wave impact. But this time in the Canary islands

Emergency services have resumed their search this morning for a woman swept off Playa Blanca beach in the resort of Yaiza yesterday evening. The woman was gathering shellfish when a huge wage swept her out to sea at about 6.30 in the evening. Her husband dived in after her in an attempt to rescue her, but ended up being rescued himself by the emergency services and treated for hypothermia. Maritime Rescue Services, the local police, the Guardia Civil and the Canary Islands Emergency Services have all been involved in the search, deploying numerous boats and a helicopter in an attempt to find the missing woman. Despite the fact that a boat from the Maritime Rescue Services patrolled the area all night, there is still no sign of the missing woman.)

I bet you next month there will be one in Australia.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

I bet you there wont

You see with have this enormous thing out there in the pacific ocean and coral sea called the great barrier reef....

And rogue waves only happen out in the open sea. I have never heard one making landfall

[edit on 28/1/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
And rogue waves only happen out in the open sea. I have never heard one making landfall

I'm guessing you can't read.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by foremanator

I bet you there wont

You see with have this enormous thing out there in the pacific ocean and coral sea called the great barrier reef....

Research shows that waves measuring 9.8 feet or more have steadily increased over the past 45 years, but the change is most noticeable along the continent’s Southern coast. The same research linked the big waves with the change in the continent’s climate drivers, like the increasing length and severity of the north-side’s monsoon season.

ecoworldly.com...

AAP General News (Australia)
12-15-2007
Tas: Fisherman washed away by giant wave

Tasmanian police will resume a search at first light this morning .. for a man washed
away by a giant wave while fishing on rocks yesterday afternoon.

www.highbeam.com...

top topics

join