It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Opera announces cutbacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

latimesblogs.latimes.com

The company said today that it had laid off 17 employees, or approximately 17% of its staff. It has also mandated a pay cut for all employees, averaging 6% but with higher-paid staffers taking an 8% cut.

“In the context of the global economic crisis, we had to take certain measures to get costs under control,” said Stephen Rountree, the company’s chief operating officer. “It’s very important to us to be prudent and responsible moving forward.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Cutting down on culture is a worrying sign for an entire nation in my humble opinion. A good friend works there and in parallell to the economy of the California state I would say the previous warnings about California going bankrupt is becoming a unstoppable fact.

All that stimulus money, who gains out of it?

latimesblogs.latimes.com

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Don't worry. The economic stimulis bill has provisions for theatre, dance, and I'm sure opera.
I appreciate you sentiments, and don't mean to sound sarcastic, but "culture" just dosn't rate real high on the list when you're talking about unemployment numbers like we have now.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

I heard they fired the Triangle player...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle

latimesblogs.latimes.com

The company said today that it had laid off 17 employees, or approximately 17% of its staff. It has also mandated a pay cut for all employees, averaging 6% but with higher-paid staffers taking an 8% cut.

“In the context of the global economic crisis, we had to take certain measures to get costs under control,” said Stephen Rountree, the company’s chief operating officer. “It’s very important to us to be prudent and responsible moving forward.”

but what does this have to do with the war in mexico

new topics

top topics

join