It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you thought it couldn't get any worse: Masturbation causes cancer :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

Frequent Sex And Masturbation In 20s And 30s Linked To Higher Prostate Cancer, But Risks Diminish With Age

Men who are very sexually active in their twenties and thirties are more likely to develop prostate cancer, especially if they masturbate frequently, according to a study of more than 800 men.

Sorry fella's.....

If the implosion of the economy wasn't bad enough, now we have this news. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well, I guess I'll be dieing a slow and painful (but fun)death.

Here is line two.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Interestingly, the same study indicates a beneficial effect when men in their 50s engage in such behaviour. I guess the moral is: don't be a quitter.

I'll also point out, though, that there's no causal link made here - for example, the study shows that the 'high risk' group also shows a higher incidence of STDs; that may be an influencing factor. Also, it's quite likely that some type of hormone imbalance or such, that might influence toward such behaviour, also has an adverse effect on prostate health.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well that's just great...as if hairy palms and poor eyesight weren't bad enough, now i have this to worry about as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I guess thats our punishment for sending millions of unborn souls to the sock, towel, and paper towel grave.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Wow that's pretty hilarious. So what are we supposed to do then? let it build up? sounds like revolution will be coming a lot faster than ever thought if this news gets out.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Interestingly, the same study indicates a beneficial effect when men in their 50s engage in such behaviour.

I saw that too. That must be mother natures inside joke.... "I will wait until they have lost their sex drive completely, then I will stop punishing them for it."

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This study is total stupidity! Let's get real. All disease and cancers are caused by a condition that is excessivly acidic. It has been proven that cancer cells die when injected with Bicarbonate of Soda. People have reversed chronic ailments just by alkalizine their bodies. You ARE what you EAT.
Cancer is a FUNGUS
www.knowthecause.com...

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Eh, as Lewis Black said it some time ago:

If you masturbate 20 times a day, you will never make it to your front door.

That was actually one of his 2 general rules of health...so ya all be careful, lol

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
That's probably just NWO propaganda in their efforts to reduce the population.

It's also disturbing...Not the cancer thing, but the thought of all of you masturbating.
Thanks for the graphic

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
MAN, if beating off was that bad for ya, why wasnt there a Commandment about it?

THOU SHALT NOT MASTURBATE!

Seems like all the other fun stuff thats bad has a commandment!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
This study is total stupidity! Let's get real. All disease and cancers are caused by a condition that is excessivly acidic. It has been proven that cancer cells die when injected with Bicarbonate of Soda. People have reversed chronic ailments just by alkalizine their bodies. You ARE what you EAT.
Cancer is a FUNGUS
www.knowthecause.com...

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

yep!

I bet that in this study (mainstreampseudo)scientists didn't observe eating behavior of those tested...

and that is the main problem of (mainstreampseudo)science studies, they are observing only one small piece of the puzzle and then making wrong conclusions...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is just futher BS, IMO. Next they will be asking for money for "research".

Eventually, they will run out of excuses for the cause of cancer, and will be forced to tell the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
How can masturbation cause cancer and not sexual intercourse ? Sounds a bit fishy to me. And totally illogical. Probably comandeered by some religious nut...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

That's what I thought. If anything, masturbation HELPS and is a sign of a healthy prostate .... ex if it were so bad then why is masturbation considered helpful for men with prostatitis?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Actually, I started a thread yesterday about this, but I used the beneficial statement of it and how it was headlined.

Masturbation can be good for the over-50s

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Who is behind this study the Catholic Church?!?!?!

But seriously.... How can you narrow it down to masturbation, when there are SOOOOOOOOOOO many other factors that come into play for each and every person?

I have trouble "grasping" this one.... forgive the pun...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join