It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why indiginous people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am sure many here have heard of the Nazca lines. Many have argued that the measurements and shape of the lines is to accurate to have been done without an aerial view. Some say that they may have gotten this aerial view from U.F.O.'s or mystic out of body experiences. I also remember there being something about the images drawn of certain animals that actually do not exist in North America. I don't know if that last bit is true.
I have read through these posts and others seem to think aboriginal tribes in Australia may have been contacted as well. I am personally neutral on the whole situation as I don't want to go against anything my ancestors would deem inappropriate. I feel ashamed in part, asking. In sum adding something paranormal or mystic to something that may indeed have a mundane explanation. However my thirst for unorthodox knowledge still presents itself.
But my questions to you, the people, are do you think an ET presence has communed with the indigenous tribes found throughout the world? If so why them, and not now? What are the reasons for your thoughts? What tribes do you think may have had the most contact?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well, I think it is more likely that ETs have contacted aboriginals around the world throughout ancient human history, rather than that our governments are in current contact with them.

When you think about it, the native peoples were more spiritual and had a greater respect for Earth and nature than most of us have today. I am certain ETs would recognize most aboriginals as more mature than modern civilization which is destroying the environment, and would have preferred to contact them.

There are ancient cave paintings from many places which resemble other-worldly beings and it would not surprise me if that's what they actually are pictures of.

Another explanation for the aboriginal connection with other entities is that these beings aren't actually from other planets, but from other "dimensions" or "planes of existence". Indigenous cultures are MUCH more open to spiritualistic drug use, and used holy plants to contact "spirits".

Whether or not entities contacted with the aid of psychedelics is genuine or fantasy is just your opinion though. In today's society, ANY kind of experimentation with psychedelics isn't just frowned upon, it's illegal. Even academic studies are extremely hard to perform, so this is why we will never see the world as the indigenous peoples did.

As to which tribes had the most contact, I have no idea. I don't know much specific information on tribes.

[edit on 28/1/2009 by cPrime]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If I remember correctly there was some evidence that the Inca had developed some form of hot air balloons. If so, this would acount for the lines if their construction was supervised by engineers riding a hot air balloon. The evidence was an image of a man in a basket with a fire heating something above him, as far as I recall.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
You should check out the Dogon people they seem more appropriate for alien contact.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Are the Dogon and African tribe?

I cant wait to go to the Nazca Lines, it my favourite place on earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican
But my questions to you, the people, are do you think an ET presence has communed with the indigenous tribes found throughout the world?

I think this is extension of the "Noble Savage" concept with a modern-day, ufological spin. While not a negative stereotype, it still relies on a condescending and patronizing attitude towards indigenous people, one built on stereotypes that do not exist in the real world. It is a belief that certain indigenous peoples, unencumbered by civilization, somehow possess traits we think are lacking in our own culture; they are more honorable, they respect nature more, they are more spiritual. And in the New Age twist, they are in possession of insights about the true nature of the universe (a twist that may also be an extension of the "Magic Negro" archetype). This attitude robs aboriginal peoples of any agency and ignores the achievements they made in building their own civilizations.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Ah, no doubt. I would certainly say if there is anything of interest technologically going on here it would more than likely be the hot air balloon as someone said. The only thing I have trouble settling with myself is that apparently the animals in the Nazca lines do not exist on that continent. Now of course the next best guess would be that the features of these creatures may have been passed down generation to generation from coming over on the bearing strait (assuming that theory is true), but the descriptions seem to accurate and I think we've all experienced the "whisper down the lane" and how it can be faulty in actuality.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This thread has some very interesting information on Australia, as well it includes links to at least one of the Stargate threads: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually, here are the Stargate threads: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Australia may actually be a part of lemuria. In any case, native and indigenous groups have through their myths and legends much reference to ets, and their origins, often depicted as pleiades. The Hopis speak of being taken underground by the antmen during the great catastrophe, perhaps the very one that destroyed lemuria and atlantis, and mars. At that time there was a great deluge, and a war amongst et nations occurring. The Okanagan Natives, my home area, also have a legend of the myth of the wandering sun, which sounds like a time of crustal displacement even, for the stars were off course, during great upheavals. They speak of coming from a land mass in the pacific and of tall whites, with magical type abilities, (the nordic ets from Mars on Lemuria??) this is how I interpret it.

Natives have always lived in moneyless resource societies which is the way our visitors live, with cooperation. This is what we need to do in order to win respect from our visitors and their help for any crisis which may be coming our way.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Based on "nuts and bolts" style construct of understanding for offworld races etc, of course its based on pretty crummy speculation : )

do you think an ET presence has communed with the indigenous tribes found throughout the world?

In the past probably yes, though by commune I would think "expedition" could be more feasible, and any more long term commune in the past arranged more around research or acquisition of resources as required by offworlders.

If so why them, and not now?

Prior expeditions contact with the indigneous people of our world may of been of little "consequence", due to the tribal nature of those societys and lack of records, probably with a pinch or more of spiritural awakening thrown in.

Not now due to global telecoms & technology etc coupled with our unique "way" of life. Though I reckon they would be aware of that before they arrive in system and would structure missions accordingly, shame for both races to miss out on global meet & greet tho. Max in system FTL ships not too many as well (

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Perhaps the visitors have some kind of crystal ball technology or psychic pre-science. I remember hearing about something called looking glass technology that is supposed to be able to peer into the future.

My point is that if this is true perhaps the visitors only made contact with cultures that would die off, forget their own ancient history or simple never have major impact on international affairs, like the Dogon Tribe. If so perhaps they did this so that when mankind started to build the beginnings of a world spanning civilization that we would do so without the visitors influence. This way if we ever reach a point where we are mature enough to join/rejoin the galactic community that we will have our own distinct pre-contact history and culture.

Has anyone ever noticed how there seems to be huge variety of the same theme when it comes to the visitors, oversized dark eyes, thin body, long limbs and no hair. Perhaps most cultures have co-existed for so long that the lines between each culture and species have started to blur. I would imagine that if this is true that a distinct and original culture of strong minded individuals is a pretty precious jewel to a galaxy of like minded clones.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

That's the problem though when it comes to this thing called "proof". Many indigenous tribes were know to consume mass amounts of hallucinogenic drugs, in majority, the shamans or wise men of each tribe. Most of the cultures history are passed down through the wise men. So it is only natural there would be odd paintings and such on caves to document their hallucinagenic journeys. Somethings drawn that looks gray and suddenly we have people saying "Hey that looks like a Grey!". I've seen many of these paintings and to be quite honest. None of them at all do the alien visitation theory any justice in my mind. They are just too vague. That is why I think the Nazca lines may be the best source of any proof, and even then it is unlikely. If aliens have been visiting us like the greys for as long as people claim. Why are there no pictures of Grey's stepping out of a flying saucer. I mean literally a Grey creature not some blob with black spots, with something resembling anything capable of traveling to our solar system. I was able to make near accurate finger paintings at age 3.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

Natives have always lived in moneyless resource societies which is the way our visitors live, with cooperation. This is what we need to do in order to win respect from our visitors and their help for any crisis which may be coming our way.

Money is Evil alrite..
But how come you know that our "visitors" have a moneyless resource society?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
yes the dogon tribe is in africa....and their story is quite interesting as well. Apparently they knew of the dog star, and also about its orbiting twin....something which we didnt discover until we created high powered telescopes. They knew its characteristics and its orbital rotation. Information, supposedly passed to them from the inhabitants of that solar system who visited them in the past. Look it up! Good bed tyme story stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think your answer is much simpler than you realize.

You make the assumption that the indigenous people of the today are the same indigenous people from centuries ago. They too have bee contaminated with the influences of the modern world.

Many of us and probably even you "are" descendants of those old indigenous folk. What happened?

Well many indigenous people lost their cultural heritage when outside settlers came into their mist. They were technologically more advance and soon replaced their more modern ways with those of the original people. They brought tales and beliefs that were woven into the their existing belief system and with each retelling morphed it into something that looks similar to what we have today.

Maybe outer travelers did visit more when the people were closer to the earth and more communal. Maybe they only visit those now that holds on to some of their old ways.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Yaxkin

Thats the "mission" that comes out of my lifetime experiences, that now have extended to my children, or rather one son who is sharing his.

And as to the myths and legends of the natives, it is backed by so much other legends from around the world, from the Sumarian, Egyptian, even if you read scriptures as allegorical for ets, as well they support each other. There is so much evidence from so many sources that it could hardly be said that any one group was indulging to much in psychodelic drugs.

My own experiences were suppressed for a lifetime where my siting of an actual grey as a child and my memories of being abducted were shelved promptly when I thought of them, right up until last year, psi contact and a number of sitings. And then last fall my son sharing his siting of a grey, missing time, and dreams aboard a craft. One of the memories that surfaced immediately for me was Mars, and a great deluge on the earth, so the history of lemuria for example, and the existence of altair as mentioned by Reconpilot, is of great interest to me. As well as the many agendas.

The most important for our survival, to mitigate our destruction, is that we begin to cooperate and share and learn to care for each other and sidestep the enormous evil of the renegades running this planet. If we can pull away from all of this and shine our lights, we will earn their respect a lot more.

Ets live in moneyless resource societies much like gl2"s thread, and they are psi. Seentoomuch has given her account in her thread of a planet where babies don't even cry, but are talked to telepathically. Also, she reveals in her thread that Jack the Ripper is held as a norm for our planet.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

To live as one with nature, one with the planet.. In peace with all, Is my mission.. Not that many are interested in joining me.. But soon ill be on my way anyhow

Having only seen the ships of the visitors.. A crystal clear, silvery white flying saucer, and white dots in space doing strange things(wich stars doesnt do).. Ive always wanted to meet the pilots.. I want to be friends

But they seem very busy...

As you've had experiences with "greys", would you say theyre good dudes?

People seem to meet greys ALOT more than the "others"..
Wonderin why is that.. The world norm being Jack the ripper and all..

Rocknroll

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
yes the dogon tribe is in africa...apparently they knew of the dog star, and also about its orbiting twin....something which we didnt discover until we created high powered telescopes. They knew its characteristics and its orbital rotation...Look it up! .

The story about the Dogon supposedly knowing about Sirius B comes from anthropologists Marcel Griaule and Germaine Dieterlen, but they provided no evidence for this (and other supposed feats of Dogon astronomy) when they published their work on the people. Walter van Beek, who also studied the Dogon, found that among the Dogon themselves there is no agreement on what sigu tolo (the star Griaule and Dieterlen claimed to be Sirius B) is; some Dogon believe it to be Venus.

Many researchers do agree, however, that the Dogon did in fact learn of Sirius from a more technologically-advanced civilization -- the French. French scientists, missionaries, and soldiers had been in contact with the Dogon for some time, and it may be from them the Dogon learned certain aspects of astronomy.

In Dogon cosmology, Jupiter has 4 moons, and Saturn is the farthest planet in the solar-system, along with the only one possessing a ring. Hardly suggestive that they were somehow in contact with an extraterrestrial race that gave them advanced astronomical knowledge.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by SaviorComplex]

top topics

join