It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul- Stimulus for Who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I can guarantee you that Ron Paul is one Congressman who will not be voting for the upcoming stimulus plan.

At least $4 billion is allocated to expanding the police state and the war on drugs through Byrne grants, which even the Bush administration opposed, and the COPS program, both of which are corrupt and largely ineffective programs.

To help Big Brother keep a better eye on us and our children, $20 billion would go towards health information technology, which would create a national system of electronic medical records without adequate privacy protection. These records would instead be subject to the misnamed federal “medical privacy” rule, which allows government and state-favored special interests to see medical records at will. An additional $250 million is allocated for states to nationalize individual student data, expanding Federal control of education and eroding privacy.

$79 billion bails out states that haphazardly expanded their budgets during the bubble years, but refuse to retrench and cut back, as their taxpayers have had to, during recession years.

www.house.gov...

And after reading what he posted on his website, I have to congratulate him ahead of time for not doing so. This bill is ridiculous and IMO will do very little to help the economy.

I feel that most of the money will be tied up in red tape and conditions and will no doubt be misspent. Maybe it is just me looking at it negatively. But after seeing the results of that last stimulus plan, can you blame me.

Does anybody honestly feel that this stimulus plan will help our economy? If so, please explain.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Some more sources about the upcoming stimulus. Looks like the infrastructure spending will take many years and will impact economy very little.

4) An initial CBO analysis found that a mere $26 billion out of $274 billion in infrastructure spending, just 7 percent, would be delivered into the economy by next fall. An update determined that just 64 percent of the stimulus would reach the economy by 2011.

www.usnews.com...

Some companies that posted losses will get more money from the government.

Obama's proposal to stimulate the economy includes tax cuts of up to $300 billion, including more than $100 billion for businesses.

The refund provision would enable some companies posting losses last year to get refunds for taxes paid as far back as five years earlier. The businesses could refile their old tax returns, using the losses suffered last year to offset profits made when times were good.

news.yahoo.com...

This one blew my mind. Americans opposed the Bush stimulus but support Obama's stimulus package. Do you support it?

Americans support the economic-stimulus plan being pushed by President-elect Barack Obama but worry the government will spend too much money and widen the budget deficit, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll found.

Overall, the poll found strong public backing for the stimulus plan and its major planks, particularly proposals to spend more federal money to create jobs.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
you neo-consrevative americans are funny people , you criticize Ron Raul and praise Bush/israel , but when obama messiah(corporate puppet 2) comes you sing in chorus with Ron Paul

Democrats=Republicans ,both are corporate puppets , stop drinking cnn-fox kool aid and support Ralph Nader or Ron Paul

americans are stupid and frankly you deserve whats coming , because you are selfish and arrogant-ignorant ,Ron Paul gave warning and you did not heed it , now bear the consequences ,

Obama will finish what Bush did not

[edit on 28-1-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Obama will finish what Bush did not

I agree 100%. And I agree with Ron that this stimulus isn't good for America, nor was the last one. Bush was foolish for asking for it in the first place.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Bush was foolish
?? this was preplanned , read Peter Beter and william cooper's books , he stated this this as the rockafeller's strategy to destroy USA ,

[edit on 28-1-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Some more sources about the upcoming stimulus. Looks like the infrastructure spending will take many years and will impact economy very little.

4) An initial CBO analysis found that a mere $26 billion out of $274 billion in infrastructure spending, just 7 percent, would be delivered into the economy by next fall. An update determined that just 64 percent of the stimulus would reach the economy by 2011.

Of course, it takes many months of working around the clock to print that much money.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The stimulus plan isn't going to help the economy. It could have if the money had gone to the right places, maybe. Taking into account where the money is going, how all of it is being spent, I'm not sure how anyone can believe we're going to get out of this any time soon

You can't spend yourself out of debt, especially when your money is being printed in a basement by a bunch of pricks who lend you the paper with an expectation of interest back. I'd love to see however, someone who believes the plan will work explain it.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'd love to see however, someone who believes the plan will work explain it.

I wish somebody would too. I am sure there is somebody who can explain or justify spending almost another trillion. Looks like Christmas 2009 is coming early for some folks.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Supposedly what may be next is the "real" infrastructure spending bill with a cost of anywhere between 2-3 trillion dollars.

Add the 700 bailout to that, and the 819 billion they are trying to pass now. That's 4-5 trillion dollars?

We should be making cuts in our spending yet we are going crazy in the opposite direction.

How can they possibly see all of our debt and continue to keep doing this?

top topics

join