It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman exchanges Monopoly money for Danish kroner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

A woman in Denmark played a high stakes game last week when she successfully convinced a bank to exchange bills worth two thousand "kronor" in Swedish Monopoly money for a quantity of real Danish money.

But the 61-year-old may be left needing a "get out of jail" card after a second attempt to exchange the toy cash backfired.

The fraud attempt began on Thursday, when the woman entered a branch of the Nordea bank in Svendborg and handed over two fake bills. When the teller failed to spot that the Swedish bills were far from authentic, the woman walked away from the counter with a cool 1,400 Danish kroner ($240), local newspaper Fyns Amts Avis reports.

www.thelocal.se...

I cant wait to try this at my local bank!!! In fact, what am i doing here? Im going to go out right now and...

Mod Edit: Please use the ex tags when sourcing outside material and as well provide a more in depth opinion/reaction to the presented subject matter.

Please review this link.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Well I'm headed to Denmark I wanted to dump some of this new worthless funny money the treasury is printing latley anyway

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wonder how many people would accept that money without really looking at it. I bet i could get a few Big Macs with one of those! lol

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
no more takers huh? i thought this was one of the craziest stories i had ever heard. maybe just reading about it is enough to laugh oneself silly.

top topics

join