It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn Your Home Into A WiFi Death House!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Verizon Wireless has started selling a book-sized device that boosts cell phone signals within a home for $250, making it easier for people to drop a home phone line and rely solely on wireless.

The Verizon Wireless Network Extender needs to be connected to a broadband Internet line. Then it acts a miniature cellular tower, listening for signals from a subscriber's cell phone. It covers up to 5,000 square feet, the company said Monday.

Such devices are known as "femtocells." Verizon Wireless, the country's largest carrier, is following in the footsteps of Sprint Nextel Corp., which started selling a femtocell under the Airave brand nationwide last year.

tech.yahoo.com...

(here are some added reasons for the title)

The dangers of Wi-Fi radiation www.guardian.co.uk...
Tonight, a BBC Panorama programme is promising an "investigation shows that radio frequency radiation levels in some schools are up to three times the level found in the main beam of intensity from mobile phone masts". The Guardian has already covered this with Scientists reject Panorama's claims on Wi-Fi radiation risks, today, but the debate will run and run....

Dangers of Wi-Fi Should be Reevaluated, Possibly More Harmful Than Previosuly Indicated - www.crunchgear.com...
W-Fi could be a lot more dangerous to children’s health than previously thought, says a British health agency. The guy behind the call to arms, Sir William Stewart, points to evidence that shows signal strength from a Wi-Fi router at a distance of one meter is stronger than a cellphone tower’s at a distance of 100 meters. Or, in something I like to call “English,” Wi-Fi signals are a hell of a lot more powerful than cellphone signals and therefore could pose more of a threat.

I wonder, if it’s discovered that Wi-Fi is indeed detrimental to one’s health, what would happen? Would the industry just collapse in on itself or is the basic technology modifiable so as to eliminate the danger? And what of those people who are sensitive to electromagnetic waves already, are they screwed either way?

I wonder if in a few years’ time, Future People will be all, “Can you believe they willingly subjected themselves to radiation without studying its effects?”

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
I wonder, if it’s discovered that Wi-Fi is indeed detrimental to one’s health, what would happen? Would the industry just collapse in on itself or is the basic technology modifiable so as to eliminate the danger?

This brings to mind the cancer cluster in an ABC newsroom in Brisbane, in which 9 women who worked in the same building developed breast cancer over an 11 year period. The building had a mobile phone tower on top of it.

The ABC eventually ended up closing the building but never was it admitted that the cause might be the mobile phone tower.

If it is found that wi-fi is dangerous to ones health I seriously that anything would change. The information would be debated, debunked and finally forgotten without anything changing (perhaps a few of the affected people will be paid off).

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is something that worries me greatly as my university has recently fitted our dorm hall with 3 wireless access points on each floor (one being right outside my door and another on the ceiling of the level below.) I've noticed that I feel worse and don't sleep as well as I do at home where there is no WIFI.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Many years ago I worked at a helpdesk. One day our phone lines were down and we were forced to use cellphones for the day. It was certainly an unpleasant experience. I had a splitting headache and I remember having much discomfort for most of the day. I've actually mentioned my concern re going completely wireless to many people and most of them laugh it off. My DSL router is wireless but I rather use network cables in the house than to use the wireless for my laptop.

If you think about it, other than the sun we are bombarded with radiation from cellphones, wireless internet, sattelite television, radios, etc 24 hours a day. Terabytes of information in different forms pretty much saturating the atmosphere. Sounds scary hey?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I sleep right beside my wifi router have done for years and it has had zero effect at all on me.

Cell phones I'm a little paranoid about using to long but if it's just wifi I think its fine they already low power and if cell phones aren't killing people they certainly won't.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I used to work for a company which had poor mobile phone coverage within their office in Glasgow, so they had boosters put in, they were out within 3 months, they had an adverse effect on some people, headaches etc.

some people are just more sensitive than others i guess

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Oh, it's okay. We will get used to these new forms of energy because it's all in the air already -- microwave radiation, cosmic rays, radio waves, etc. That's another reason why I'm sticking to the basic cables, wires and none of those invisible technology like WiFi. I don't need anymore unidentifiable stuff frying my brain!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I wish I could use one of those, but unfortunately, our internet comes in through the cell network too, so we don't have any reception for either phones or internet.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by mdiinican]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hi,
In my home, in place of WIFI, I use PLC devices (using my home's electrical wires).
It works OK. No use to wire anything, and any electrical plug will do it.
For me, the perfect solution.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

You realize, of course, that that turns your entire house's electrical system into a poor quality antenna that broadcasts the signal anyway? Won't be quite the same, and you won't be able to use it like wireless, but you're getting bathed in EM radiation from it, and not even receiving the benefit of wireless internet.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

PLC has NOTHING to do with radio emission !
It's quit the same as ethernet.
But you haven't to wire a special net : you use your domestic electrical net.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

Here is a link on this technology.
It's amazingly simple and effective.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
OOOPS !
Here's the link :
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This topic is one of concern for me too - not in the least because I live in a hive of wi-fi/wirelss sginals tivos/xboxes/alarm system all talking to each other 24/7 and two routers to boot.

A few months ago I saw an article where a scientist was discussing Wi-Fi with an empahsis on the underwire that is in most women's bras which he asserted acts as a perfect antennae and would seemingly increase the risk of breast cancer. It made, and makes, perfect sense to me, i.e. the nine Aussie women at the ABC.

I do not remember where I saw it, but it was somewhere so mainstream that I did not even bother to save it because i was sure it was going to be a big topic of discussion. Of course it did not and I have not been able to find the article again.

I did switch out the wires in my bras for plastic ones. I found a resource on the internet, they are less than a buck a pair and you can switch them out in seconds. If anyone wants the info for themselves, or the women they love, feel free to u2u me as I think T&C prohibits linking to consumer sites.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Wow. I was completely unaware of this. Im sooooo glad you posted that. Thank You

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock
Many years ago I worked at a helpdesk. One day our phone lines were down and we were forced to use cellphones for the day. It was certainly an unpleasant experience. I had a splitting headache and I remember having much discomfort for most of the day.

I recall carrying a mobile phone around in my pocket for work in 1995. I also recall how often at the end of the day I would remove the phone and hours later still have a warm sensation around the area of my leg where the phone sat in my pocket.

These days I try and use my phone 'hands-free' as much as possible.

The dangers of some things (eg asbestos) sometimes dont come to light until years later..

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Nonchalant]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
T-Mobile started this same thing about a year ago. They call it "HotSpot @ Home". I was an operations manager in one of their call centers when it went live, and did the training of some of my agents on the material. Verizon is certainly not bringing out anything new here.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think it's all paranoia. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I just don't believe it. There's no proof anyway. Wouldn't we have our proof by now? It wouldn't be hard to store a bunch of mice near a wifi antenna (though I don't really like animal testing, it happens). Wi-fi has been around long enough to have discovered something. But all we have is an unproven claim from one BBC program. Simply saying something doesn't make it true. It's the same for cell phone signals. With all the attention the issue has received, I think it would be proven by now.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by GrayFox]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
One of the main overlooked factors here i believe is electromagnetic fields:

Every human being lives within a physical body, which itself is surrounded by its own natural energy field. This energy field is actually the blueprint for determining the ultimate health and well-being of our physical body. Thus, keeping the human energy field intact is imperative to good physical health. A good clairvoyant can actually spot a problem developing in the subtle energy field before it manifests into the physical realm. All health problems happen first in the subtle energy field, and then, in turn, manifest physically.

So, how do the energies and frequencies of our high-tech world impact our subtle energy field, the blueprint for the physical body? First, all electric, electronic, and battery-powered devices (the very devices we depend upon on a daily basis) produce electromagnetic fields, called EMFs. The problem is that EMFs are disruptive to our body’s own natural energy field. When the electromagnetic energies, coupled with all the frequencies from TVs, microwaves, satellites, etc., hit the human energy field, they disrupt it, damage it, and interfere with its normal functioning. These disruptive energies eventually take a toll on the physical body: we get headaches; feel tired; and often develop immune system disorders.

The Dangers of Electromagnetic Radiation - www.shareguide.com...

www.alive.com...

The Body Electric
Are electrical appliances dangerous to your health? - www.sfgate.com.../gate/archive/2002/10/17/emfs.DTL

Dangers of Electric and Magnetic Fields - www.alexnolan.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here is my take on it.
Have you guys seen that they want to have wireless power chargers, all you have to do is just be near the charger and it will start to charge you electrical devices. So no more power cords, think about that type of power flying through the air. That might not me healthy for you.

Here is a link
www.popsci.com...

top topics

join