It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on 75,000 year old African structures?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here's a bit more "info":

But research work done by people like Cyril Hromnik, Richard Wade, Johan Heine and a handful of others over the past twenty years, into ancient southern African history, has revealed that these stone structures are in fact more than just cattle kraal, but the remains of ancient temples and astronomical observatories of lost ancient civilisations that stretch back for thousands of years.

www.makomati.com...

Some of the aerial photos make it appear that natural features are incorporated with the artificial (if it is) stuff.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage

For that information, its seems more of the same. Vague, I did note the tours connection. No links to papers or proper studies, hmmmmm.

I grow more skeptical

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh boy...here we go...

Could these ancient settlements actually be the lost kingdom of Queen Sheba and the mines that provided King Solomon with all his riches?
www.makomati.com...

[edit on 1/28/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well Yeah! LOL

Starting to sound more like old Gilroy of Australia

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Take a deep breathe...now sigh deeply...

The amazing thing is that, the more we discover in the areas of science, genetics and astronomy, the more it corroborates the content of these ancient tablets that pre-date the Bible by as much as 3000 years. Were humans created by “god” as SLAVES? Was Abraham the first human SPY? Was Jesus an accidental MESSIAH? In Slave Species of god, Michael Tellinger takes his readers on a remarkable odyssey of the true origins of humankind in which he:
* draws clear and startling analogies between new discoveries in genetic engineering and ancient archaeological finds…
* highlights emerging scientific information overlooked in the past…
* unravels the Bible’s often obscure stories by linking these to their original forms in Sumerian clay tablets and other prehistoric writings…
* provides explicit answers to why our modern world has become so senseless and chaotic by revealing the very secrets of our prehistory…

This is from Michael Tellinger's site Slavespecies. This would explain why academic papers are absent. Tellinger would be unwilling and unable to attract the interest of a reputable Archaeology Department. Naturally, this doesn't rule out the existence of the stone circle...it just makes the 'evidence' dubious in provenance...Maybe evidence from a different source will become available at a later date?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ah that explains all the stuff about the gold mines. He was trying to back up the Sitchin stuff which Tsarian is based on.

Yeah, very fringy, thanks Kandinsky I'll post that link over at the Hall of Ma'at.

[edit on 29/1/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

You Have to Remember That Your Picture Of Pangea Doesn't Take into Account That There Was MUCH More Land Mass Than What Is Being Shown? Britain Was Joined onto France & The Mediterrainen Sea was Very Small(More Like a Lake) & That Alot of Land Has Now Been Submerged in Sea Water? That the Break Up Happened a Long Time Before 75000 years ago?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
anyone got any links to any site/record that proves that the dating of the so called Adam's Calendar does actually go far as 75,000 years??

any records??

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Nemaste Coredrill

It seems to be archaeoastromically based. However in the link provide by Kandisky called Makimati or some such, they show a picture of the "circle" it ain't much of a circle and seems random to me.

I think the writers is someone who has been trying to hard.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
anyone got any links to any site/record that proves that the dating of the so called Adam's Calendar does actually go far as 75,000 years??

any records??

Amanda Esterhuysen, a Wits University academic from the geography, archaeology and environmental sciences department, isn't that convinced, however. "These guys are talking nonsense. We are doing extensive research in Mpumalanga and these sites are fairly well known. "While we don't dispute that structures like this are man-made, there is no way it is 75 000 years old. The type of science they use to date these sites is highly questionable," she added.
Source

Amanda Esterhuysen's bona fides here.

It begins to look like Tellinger used a speculative date as a McGuffin with which to draw the conclusions of his book. Basically, he appears to have used an arbitrary date to support his theories.

The date of 25 000 years, asserted by Johan Heine would remain very interesting if there was even evidence to support the claim...there isn't any that I can find.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yeah I think we can take out the large paint brush of reality and give this one a thick coating of "made up stuff" in a nice tint of fringe.

To bad south-central Africa could use a proto-civilization. LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Africa doesn't have extreme seasons and knowing when midwinter comes is not terribly useful.

I live in South Africa and I can tell you that our winters are EFFING cold and our summers are EFFFING hot. The closer you get to the tropics, the more the seasons tend to blend into each other. For example, our Northern neighbours, Zimbabwe, don't really have such severe winters...it's warmish to hot most of the time there.

Originally posted by Hanslune
I suspect that the Transvaal has season, if I remember my Boer history correctly they have (now days) a distinct dry and wet season.

You suspect right. The Transvaal doesn't exist anymore though. The region was renamed 'Gauteng' when Nelson Mandela came into power. Gauteng is rainy in summer and dry in winter. Conversely, Cape Town is dry in summer and wet in winter.

Edit for wonky quote

[edit on 2009.1/29 by the siren]

Edit for Typo

[edit on 2009.1/29 by the siren]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The original link is long on speculation and story, and absent of Science. They will sell you a book for $25. Perhaps it is a comic book. They go into detail about the Pilot/fireman who promotes the idea, but offer nothing in the way of credible scientific research.

I'll stick to the Cattle Corral that the experts pointed to until something more professional shows up.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PeleBhoy

Oh I appreciate what you're saying. Really, I do. I just read what some other members had posted about the resemblance and thought, 'Hey, I kinda see it too.' So I looked around for some pics and posted them here for others to see and compare. I do agree they're too different (besides the fact of the way wrong dates. etc., etc.) and figured the pics said it better than I could.

regards.

(edit)

Originally posted by Hanslune

archaeoastromically

[edit on Thu Jan 29 2009 by Rren]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join