It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Soul...so tired...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Where would I go ... ? The aborigone of Austrailia? (I can circular breathe and use the didji for meditation)...India/Tibet? -- Seek an Ashram? South America, the jungles of the Amazon and the tribes of the Witoto that my favorite author and spiritual guide Terence McKenna sought out?

Perhaps closer to home -- the Hopi of the South West?

Indigenous people that have maintained their culture have the utmost respect for myself -- and no matter the locale, I wish to understand them.

I have no doubt in my mind (and this may sound extremely arrogant and I apologize) that if I were given an audience with the Dali Lama, we would meet eyes and first slightly nod at each other. I know this. I have seen this.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
My problem is -- I know I AM God.

How do you "know'? this and if this was the case couldn't you just will yourself away from the troubles of present?

Ah! paradox time!

I am God...but as God I decided to experience everything that ever could be experienced...(to infinity) ... I have transended and met with the "clear white light" and sat in a space where all potentials were concurently happening.

Because when you ARE God, what...do...you...do? Well, Everything! I am simply one of those every things that will eventually be recycled and re-cast anew.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

"try to forget the illusion "

Yes, that is the ticket. Drink forgetfulness and awaken refreshed. (It was from a Japanese cartoon animation, whereby an angel couldn't take the bad stuff and had a choice to forget everything).

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

reply to post by MystikMushroom

Part of me says, "Find a Guru!" -- no, by placing one's self under a "master" or "guru" you give up your own personal power and understanding that you ARE that Guru/Master. It is just another illusion.

Exactly.

Guru's can be found on the sidewalk, in a bookstore, on a poster, in a movie, they can be found anywhere you perceive because it is you teaching yourself.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The thing is, a suffering/starving/painful existance in Ethopia also must be experienced...but these experiences are not given the knoweldge that they MUST be..

Some people must be raped, others murdered....others conned and taken advantage of...it all must be experienced.

But as I have said, these experiences are not aware that they "need" to be...

So we come to me...I live in my little hobbit hole, but feel "tired" -- I suffer only because of my own lack of ability to create the world I wish to exist in around me.

Knowing what I know is a burden, because It makes what I live in seem...well, without meaning.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

My problem is -- I know I AM God.

How do you "know'? this and if this was the case couldn't you just will yourself away from the troubles of present?

Ah! paradox time!

I am God...but as God I decided to experience everything that ever could be experienced...(to infinity) ... I have transended and met with the "clear white light" and sat in a space where all potentials were concurently happening.

Because when you ARE God, what...do...you...do? Well, Everything! I am simply one of those every things that will eventually be recycled and re-cast anew.

Simply to be, regardless of what is occurring as long as it brings further fulfillment to oneself.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

What you just responded to .... was "told" to me ...

It is quit embarasing/hard to admit -- but some of the highest/greatest truths I have come to know come from...well...what a layman would call "channeling"

... I hate it, the pre-concieved notions of crackpots....

Some of my most enlightening thoughts have come under meditation when I surrender myself to higher levels of awareness and simply speak. I do not feel as if I am "taken over" -- but I do say things automatically.

"Jesfe" (pronounced Jesse) seems to be the one that comes through. Abiet, I believe it is simply a higher part of myself I am accessing -- not some "outside entity".

It is embarasing, however, because it makes me seem even more of a nutcase than I am. I truly belive that anyone that "channels" is simply tuning into a higher form of themselves via a state of meditation (and because it seems so fantastic) they attribute it to an "outside entity" -- when it is not the case.

"Jesfe" is simply an avatar my own mind has created that certain state of mind I can enable myself to get into...Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is some of the truths I have learned and tried to share...
My Truths MP3

If you simply wish to read this, and conversely stream the audio file via flash...you can go here: Beware of Followship

I hope that those interested in my thread that have replied will listen or read this -- and perhaps garner a deeper understanding of myself (and why a year now later) I feel so...at a loss...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
'Out with the old and in with the new.' ~ The following thoughts just occurred: be a Johnny Appleseed and spread yourself around from just One God to seeing through the eyes of the many. That's all I could add to this thread bcuz my brain stopped.

Oh and appreciate anything and everything 'You' created so far... It has been nice so far...

[edit on 2009-1-27 by pikypiky]

Hey pikypiky, I was just trippin out over how your avatar just totally lit up my screen. And it kinda brightened up my spirits in an unexpected way... it's just so pretty.

Man, I can't believe I just typed that.

Anyway, Mystik, sleeping too much is a sign of depression. I would recommend exercising if you aren't... something vigorous, like running or boxing. Yoga is good to. I find that exercise changes so much! It makes me feel totally alive to the point that I think that everyday you are either living or dying and it's a battle everyday that you just have to get used to. You have to just get used to the burn. But, physical exercise can really help you get some thunder of Thor in you! But, you may have a weak will at this point. That's the tough part... getting yourself going. But, you have no choice but to pick yourself up by your own bootstraps, as they say.

I once considered just giving up and dropping out, but you know what I discovered along the way? IT ONLY GETS WORSE. So, combine the two into a whole, the spiritual AND the physical. You can't reject the physical and the shadow side. You must integrate (Jung) them. Look into Tantra as well, if you haven't. I like Osho. I don't care what others say about him. Here is a rare treat of Osho. He has plenty of deeper lectures however.

Good luck.

Osho - Strange Consequences

Free To Be Funny

[edit on 28-1-2009 by TheSingularity]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSingularity
Hey pikypiky, I was just trippin out over how your avatar just totally lit up my screen. And it kinda brightened up my spirits in an unexpected way... it's just so pretty.

Man, I can't believe I just typed that.

Yes, that's the ticket, too. Have a good laugh, too. There is no room for depression or suicidal thoughts either!

Off topic: That angel, my friend was created by one of the ATS mod. As he put it, she's 'poiply'. He created a blond version, by the way. Glad you like his art.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I thought that the older a soul gets and the more lives it has lived, the more enlightened it becomes? The whole idea behind reincarnation is the experience of all vicissitudes of life, much like the tempering of a sharp sword. The soul becomes sharp enough to cut through the illusions and accept life. There's widespread disagreement about what happens to the soul when it reaches enlightenment. Popular thought believes that the soul needn't continue to be reborn at that point.

With these thoughts, and many more, in mind, I'm surprised by your post. Far from being enlightened, the impression is solipsism, egotism, hubris and a latent need for attention. Are any of these traits the markers of an enlightened soul? The implication is that your many lives have been quite unproductive based on the understanding you've gleaned.

The Dalai Lama (an old soul) has an effect on people no matter what their beliefs. He is often described as having a warm and peaceful personality. He is said to be full of life and enjoys keeping up with politics and sport. He is at once an earthly and spiritual man. People that meet Dalai Lama leave with the feeling that 'he has met them' rather than the other way round. Old souls that are learned should possess wisdom, humility, humor and a joy of life. Brighten up, let the sun in.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If you were, as you say you are, then you would be in a permanent state of BLISS. So i am not buying into this wallowing, self absorbed flaggelation rubbish as it doesnt ring true. The last time i fell for this clap trap, the God Guru took all my money and lied to me.
Nah, you are JUST like everyone else. Lessons to learn.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You only think you are tired now. Continue on the right path and in another 15 or 20 years you will truly know what tired is.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I helped another last night...

A lost child on another 'board...

Hearing his/her cry for "advice" -- I gave what I could and found a form of center.

I know now that I have not been helping enough people/others with my knowledge and gifts -- and *this* is why I feel the way I do.

There *are* people out there that want/need to hear what I have seen and know as true. At times (as recently evidenced) I forget that.

I am a Shaman -- and when I have no one to help, no one to listen; and lead a regimented life...I suffer.

I know my purpose -- and this person that contacted me out of the blue late after I left this thread last night re-affirmed my purpose.

I *must* be strong despite my own misgivings...for there are FAR more people out "there" that feel much more confused and lost than I do.

You all have not only comforted me (and some given a literal, logical bitch-slap) -- but allowed me to manifest a purpose and goal for myself... I still do not know how I will be able to help others, but I think I need to stop worrying about my self and focus on others.

I feel that if I focus and set my mind on helping other confused people seeking -- I will learn and grow as much as I show them to learn and grow.

For a teacher does not only teach -- but learns from it's students as the student does from the teacher.

We are all in this boat together, after all.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm going to tell you what you need to do.
Go home and prepare yourself the perfect meal.
Have a nice relaxing bath and put on your PJs
Sit in your most comfortable chair with a box fan blowing cool air up one pants leg and down the other.
Watch Ferris Beullers Day Off while finishing off half a fifth of your favorite quality liquor.
Once all of this has been accomplished, impulse dial your last girlfriend and see if you can talke her into coming over for a quickie.

No wait, that's a remedy for something else.

OK, whatever. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

LMAO \

To Mr. MagicMushroom

Do you just enjoy bragging about yourself? You sound no different than the hundreds of thousands of other new age wannabes. Do you too want to be an angel? God maybe? Or did you watch The Secret- and all of assuden you have this wild notion that you are the creator. You are no more special- than a rock or a tree. Does that bother you? Oh Mr. Creator-- wtf ever

...and to ignore my suggestion to you, you will remain enslaved in your human condition

PS the New Age Movement is total BS. Makes you feel not so bad about #ing your next door neighbors wife if you are soulmates from a past life

[edit on 29-1-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I'm only young and have made myself be happy with life but deep down I know how you feel. I'm only a teenager, but it feels like I've lived for centuries. I know stuff which I've never been taught and I just can't get over this weird feeling that i'm waiting for something really important. Like to finaly be free.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have a feeling that when one knows a significant part of the truth, one will not be reborn into this prison again. When a soul can't find the path in life it will end up back in this prison after death.

You say you know a lot, and that you realized it in your current life. Maybe this will be the last life for you in this universal format.

But to this one can't escape the big question "why am I here?". Well why are you here? That's such a personal thing that can't be taught to others unless they find the path themselves. If you would somehow say what your conclusion is to someone it would have no effect at all, the one listening would not be able to comprehend the information given.

You might have found the answer to why you are here, we can't ever tell you right or wrong on that. You might have gained the spiritual insight to be able to advance in life.

I'm glad for you. I hope that you never return to this place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join