It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Hillary Clinton have beaten John McCain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I know we will never know but I'm wondering anyway.

I'm of the opinion that John McCain (along with Sarah Palin) would have won his presidential race if he'd have been up against Hillary instead of Obama.

what do you all think?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It would have depended on whom she selected as her Vice-President.

I will tell you this,I did not vote for Obama because of Biden and he won. If it had been Hilary I would have voted for her IF she had not selected Biden.

But the most obvious answer is McCain was a sock puppet. No Republican was going to win election after the last 8 years.
They let the old dude run just so he could have it on his resume.
Just like they did with Dole when it was apparent no one could beat Bill Clinton.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes, Clinton would have won, easier than Obama
Palin was the nail in the coffin.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
when push comes to shove ...

do you guys "generally" vote for a party or its candidate?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm not American, so i've never voted in they're elections obviously. But if i was, i don't think i would be a registered Republican or Democrat, i'd be one of those ohh so crucial undecided voters.

I think Hillary would have wiped the floor with McCain tho. She most likely would have chosen Obama as Vice, and that would have been a done deal, i don't even thinkt hey would have had elections then, just a unanimous...WE WON.

It's hard to tell but who knows? We might have a Palin ticket in 2012, god that would be the end of the world all right.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thats a tough question. Hilliary was much more devisive than Obama, she would have prompted many anti votes. There is an exptreme hatred of the Clintons (esp Hillary) by many.

Any way you look at it - McCain was a very weak candidate.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
she was have taken the election with bigger numbers then obama if you ask me

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hillary would have won. McCain committed political suicide by selling out his values and trying to dazzle the American public with flashy moves and posturing. He underestimated the people. He blew it.

I vote for candidate, not party.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

I always vote for the person, never the party. In my voting life, I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, American Independants, real independants, Libertarians, Green Party.

Voting for the party, IMO, is group-think, and does way more harm than good.

I also think Clinton would have won, for the reasons BH states... McCain did not stay in integrity with himself, sold his soul to the party, and blew it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

very well said, star for you

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If the republican party wanted to win they would have nominated Ron Paul IMO. They knew where the grassroots support was, but it was more important to keep the status quo going which the democrats are carrying on.

Just gimmicks to provide the illusion of support otherwise. Palin was a gimmick and so on.

And they are apparently going to keep that going given who they elected for the GOP chair.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hillary definately would have won. She would have had Bill Richardson as her VP and Joe Biden as Secretary of State. She would have cleaned McCains clock. And she could easily do the job of POTUS.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In my opinion, Hillary would've defeated McCain even more easily than Obama did. She was the stronger of the two Democratic candidates, with more appeal to the political middle (probably due more to Bill's reputation as a moderate than her own stances) and probably would've picked off a few more southern and midwestern states than Obama did, while retaining all of his gains.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by vor78]

new topics

top topics

join