It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinglizard's Painting Avatar Set (Image Heavy) (CONTEST has ENDED)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
As long as it's okay with you that I don't "get" the Mona Lisa. I mean, it's a very impressive work of art, but way overhyped in my opinion

I so agree. Not that I have the talent to even do a stick figure tracing of it but at the same time, I don't understand how it is as famous as it is. If you ask random people to name a famous painting, my guess would be that most of them would say the Mona Lisa. It's a great piece for sure but there seem to be so many more pieces out there that are more appealing. Just my two cents.

S-Dog better not come in and say it's his favorite or I'm wearing a paper bag over my head for the rest of my ATS days.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ok I think I possibly figured this out and finally realized what .5+.5 =1 and 'look past the obvious' means. May we please have another hint? I'm not 100% confident like my last two wins but this is a very interesting reckoning.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ok, from this point forward I will allow one guess per member per day. That arrangement may work better.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thanks so much. That is a good plan. OK, here goes nothing. I hope I'm not over thinking it:

Originally posted by kinglizard
QUESTION/PUZZLE:

HINTS:

1) .5+.5=1

2) Look past the obvious.

I believe it is Edgar Degas --- Dancer in Front of a Window:

My reasoning:

'Look Past the Obvious' means concentrating on the background of the painting instead of the focal point. Which in this case would ballerina. So look past her.

'.5+.5 =1' means taking two halves of the painting to complete the puzzle alignment. In this case, '.5' of the image is the vertical lines in the background window and '.5' of the image is the horizontal lines in the floor board. The '1' would be putting them together to make a complete graph. So .5 (vertical) + .5 (horizontal) = the 1, the full graph (vertical + horizontal).

Once we do that, we can begin our alignment. I have about 5 images of alignments so instead of posting them all, I'll just explain them:

1). The ballerina's feet go at the same angle of the numbers in the grid.

2). There are 'gaps' of empty space in both sides in the painting just like in the graph (the empty space past the floor board as well as the dark gap/empty space the armoire (?) creates). Then there are 'gaps' of empty space in both top and bottom in the painting in the sky from the top of the skyline and the very bottom horizontal floor board.

3). We place the grid at the top and at the bottom to see how both align.

When we do it at the top: The grid aligns with the vertical window lines, the empty space at the top aligns with the empty space above the skyline, the empty space at the sides align with the far left window line and the armoire, etc. (there are many more).

When we do it at the bottom: The grid aligns with the horizontal floor boards, the empty space to both sides and the bottom, the bottom horiztonal line of the window, etc.

4). The 'blue gradient' reflects the predominant blue tone of the painting and the subtle gradient of the window, curtains, and armoire.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

And we are now counting down the days before AshleyD is committed thanks to kinglizard's contest.

I'm taking bets, odds on its a week before AshleyD is institutionalized because of this contest.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
And we are now counting down the days before AshleyD is committed thanks to kinglizard's contest.

That actually happened during the last challenge. What you don't know but what I will now reveal is that my above post was typed with me sitting backwards in my chair to maneuver my fingers to type thanks to the straight jacket binding my arms behind my back.

My brain feels the way this guy looks --->

I was actually going to guess 'My gems' next (someone else is more than welcome to if the above is wrong) but Edgar Degas caught my eye this morning and it looked like a better choice.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Four stars? Everyone is laughing at my obsessive addiction when it comes to puzzle solving.

I don't want to play anymore. I can feel the ridicule.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by whatukno

Four stars?

I know, who did that?

Ashley is a beautiful, smart, caring young lady.

Her eccentricity is adorable.

You are bad people!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
You are bad people!

It's ok, S-dog. As a Christian, I forgive you and your three multiple accounts.

Edit, and I starred it too, just now. Because it was funny and probably true.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It is not Edgar Degas --- Dancer in Front of a Window.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ok, I'm going to go check out the asylum grounds now. The nurses told me there is a beautiful garden in the courtyard. Then we're doing finger painting and making macaroni necklaces later this afternoon.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't think finger painting is the best thing for you at this particular junction.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hint added to the opening post.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You're probably right. I'd sit there obsessively painting Dancer in Front of a Window 30 times in a row then cry once they take my paint away.

reply to post by kinglizard

Oh sure. Now you post a hint after my daily allotted guess.

For everyone:

The new hint could possibly mean something not visible in the cropped selections. Throughout this thread, I noticed several of the images were cropped from a larger painting. So Google some paintings to view them in their entirety to see if anything makes any sense.

Edit to add: It could also be a hidden design in the math.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I know this isn't it but what the heck ...

Is it: Bartolome Murillo "Christon on the Cross"

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It is not Bartolome Murillo "Christ on the Cross".

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
One a Day, eh? OK, no need to wait then, might as well toss a dart...

QUESTION/PUZZLE:

HINTS:

1) .5+.5=1

2) Look past the obvious.

3) Something hidden has yet to be found.

Today's Roll of the Dice:

Francois Gerard's Portrait of Madame Regnault

p.s. Thanks, KL, for creating a fun way for us to learn (or re-learn) the beauty of the Master's...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

It is not Francois Gerard's Portrait of Madame Regnault.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hint added to the opening post.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Excellent guess! I can see you put a lot of effort into that. Very creative how you found that information.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join