It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinglizard's Painting Avatar Set (Image Heavy) (CONTEST has ENDED)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
QUESTION/PUZZLE:
Picture

HINTS:

1) .5+.5=1

2) Look past the obvious.

joseph Nigg
Grandmother's Bouquet I

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RustykShade

It is not joseph Nigg Grandmother's Bouquet I.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Love the games - for me the points are not that important (the puzzle-solving chase is though) - so here's a line of thought I've been working that may help others solve (in the spirit of cooperation ATS is known for!):

After loading the blue sudoku-like grid into photoshop I started manipulating the image and playing with some variables. The more I do so, the more significance I think the values and coordinate locations of the numbers in the grid have, which, assuming they are meant to reside only on the vertical and horizontal 'sub'-grid of lighter-shaded lines, number twelve possible positions. Counting upper-left to lower-right, there are nine 3x3 sub-grids total and all of the values are on the same 1st, 7th, and 10th position in each of the nine sub-grids.

Passing the cursor over the number-values in the grid in photoshop, and then working in various combinations of color values, substituted into a blank identical grid reveals a matrix of colors that I am beginning to think may correlate somehow with the corresponding colors or factor/variables in the artwork in question.

Now I may be all wet on this line of thinking (heck, I've chased plenty of ATS red herrings before), and I wish I had more time to sweat this one out, but someone may wish to carry this a bit further to see if such an actual correlation indeed exists.

If I were to hazard a guess (non-specific at this point), I would conclude this train (wreck) of thought by saying that if this is reasonably correct, that the artwork is likely one of the floral arrangements of perhaps one of the abstracts with squares in which RGB coordinate-values in the grid connect somehow with corresponding objects or colors in the puzzle-work art...

Have fun - and good luck!

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

*courtesy bump*

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Still no new hint?

----------

Did anyone ever figure out what .5=.5=1 means?

Some of my ideas but they're just shots in the dark:

1). The image has to be reflected to fit the grid so 'half' and 'half' = the total connection.

2). Two lovers in the painting (like the full image of In Love [although it is cropped in the selection], as one example) since two halves make a whole in marriage.

3). The numbers in the grid must be divided in half or added together, etc.

----------

Has anyone deciphered the grid at all? I've found a few patterns I showed but have no idea as to their importance.

----------

Edit to add. Forgot about this one. It's a graph I posted a couple pages back. 60+60 [read: .5+.5] = 120 [read: 1]. The two halves (60) = 1 (120). What this means? No clue! I just forgot about it and thought I'd repost it just in case:

[edit on 2/10/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Once again, here are the correct answers to all previous puzzles. More likely than not, they will not be a correct answer again:

1). Eric Enstrom --- Daily Bread

2). Agapanthus --- Water Lilies

3). Rembrandt --- Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee

4). Frank Benson --- Calm Morning

5). Henry Raeburn --- Reverend Robert Walker Skating on Duddingston Loch

6). Rembrandt --- A vase of roses

7). Renoir --- Grande Vaso De Fiori

8). Johann Liss --- The Sacrifice of Isaac

9). Rembrandt --- St. Mathew and the Angel

Then these are the incorrect guesses to this puzzle so far so they can be eliminated:

1). Paul Klee --- New Harmony

2). Paul Klee --- Unstable Equilibrium

3). Diego Rivera --- The Flower Vendor

4). Reflective Beauty --- William Bouguereau

5). Leonardo da Vinci --- Mona Lisa

6). Ridolfo Guariento --- An Angel Weighing a Soul

7). David Jean --- Spirit of a Savior

8). Claude Monet --- The Parc Monceau

9). Delphin Enjolras --- Young Woman Reading by a Window

10). Joseph Nigg --- Grandmother's Bouquet I

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And here are a couple more lines of thinking and then I'll stop being a thread hog:

EXAMPLE ONE: Grid correlations

When the below paining is lined up with the cropped graph, it perfectly snaps into place in alignment with the table (both the bottom and top ridge) as well as some books, some points on the urn, etc:

EXAMPLE TWO: Full Grid

'Look past the obvious' might possibly mean looking past the 'obvious' graph information dealing with the lines and numbers and taking the entirety into consideration instead of cropping it at the edges like I was doing. Doing that, we see an alignment with the table ridge, the top part of the shadow with the brandy glass, and the white line edges stop at the end of the focal point of the image and the empty space in the graph lines up with the empty space of the painting. The blue gradient also flows:

If anyone would like me to line up the graph with a painting of your choice, I'll do one painting for each interested member. Just u2u me the painting and I will align it with the graph and u2u it to you if you want to see how it lines up for your guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
QUESTION/PUZZLE:
Picture

HINTS:

1) .5+.5=1

Well it seems to me it's obviously Bob the Builder but to take the OP paintings into consideration it could possibly be Johan Jensen: Pink Roses in a Vase, I think the shading and the flowers seem to line up.

The .5 + .5 = 1 could be the contrast ratio of the gradient?

[edit on 2/10/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Oh! I'll feel like a
for not getting this sooner. Wukky's 'Bob the Builder' reference made me think of this. The blue graph does look like a blueprint and there is one painting with a name that would relate to that. I'll leave it to someone else to find it since I can't guess. There are also numerous spots where it lines up with the overlaid graph. Good luck!

Maybe, maybe not. But I at least wanted to throw the idea out there.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It is not Johan Jensen: Pink Roses in a Vase.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the challenge- I just think it is truly amazing.

Look how Ladell portrayed the reflection and lighting on the brandy glass to the left and the (champagne?) glass in the back. That is so real-to-life and detailed that it almost looks like a photograph was partially merged with the painting. It also looks like a window is reflecting in the glass. Then the transparency of the glass and the background affecting the color. His ability to duplicate that is incredible. I just wanted to share that. Nothing pertinent to the thread. lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
The blue graph does look like a blueprint and there is one painting with a name that would relate to that. I'll leave it to someone else to find it since I can't guess. There are also numerous spots where it lines up with the overlaid graph. Good luck!

Okay, I'll bite. I can't quite get it to line up, but it does work at some places.

QUESTION/PUZZLE:

HINTS:

1) .5+.5=1

Is it Paul Klee, Arkitektur?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

It is not Paul Klee's Architecture.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree. I have a predjudiced view about art. I believe it should be someone with great talent recreating the world or ideas in a way no one else can, and it has to take skill. I don't consider anything my son can do as art. To me, this is art, that someone can take paint and do this is amazing. Needless to say I am not a fan of abstract.

i was an artist myself once, so I truley appreciate being able to replicate something as hard as glass.
To perceive things as they really are.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sorry, ADB. I'm trying over here.
There are literally a couple dozen images still available that could tie into the graph, numbers, and hints.

reply to post by nixie_nox

Me too. For instance, I'm not really a fan of Paul Klee's work or any kind of abstract. I also personally don't care for impressionism although I do still consider it art. Abstract just does nothing for me although I know many like the style. lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I thought it was a good guess

Maybe we'll get more hints soon – I'm at a loss.

And Paul Klee is my favorite painter, ever
Probably.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Dem sound like fightin' words!

[edit on 10 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes, and my shoe tastes awful.

Edit to add: This reminds me of what happened to me when I was single. I went out on a first date with a man who would become my boyfriend for 1 1/2 years. He asked me if I liked Ansel Adams' work but I kind of winced and made fun of him and said something along the lines of I don't know why he is so famous. He takes boring black and white photos and sells them.

He didn't say much but I saw his apartment eventually. You guessed it. Ansel Adams photography all over the walls. Oops.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think we'll be okay – we don't have to decorate a home together after all

And I can understand Klee not being to everyone's taste. Nor am I particularly interested in the "does abstract art take talent" question.

As long as it's okay with you that I don't "get" the Mona Lisa. I mean, it's a very impressive work of art, but way overhyped in my opinion

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

There isn't going to be a fight, is there?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join