It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Man kills wife, five kids, himself after being fired

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Sick people. I wonder if you can charge the banks or gov't with the murders since it is a result of their actions that led to this.

Maybe not. The guy could have done something at work to warrant being fired--given how narcisistic it was of him to suicide his entire family, it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good gawd, what the hell has become of humanity, society, when some in this world have become so dependent upon someone else giving them a job or a nanny state government in order to survive? Fer crying out loud, should we all worry that someone will shoot us because we didn't create for them and offer them a job? There are so damn many way to make a living and to survive upon this planet, yet ... .. ah hell, I guess some humans are down right sick, inept, and murderers. Man, if any little kids happen to read this, RUN, HIDE, if your daddy or mommy come home complaining because they lost their slaving job! Good grief, some humans are just disgusting and sick. Damn, to murder ones own children ... I don't even want to live on this same planet with humons any more.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just a reminder to keep the thread On Topic.

Abortion can be discussed in a seperate thread.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't know the exact situation of this particular family but I think it is important that we all begin to reach out to our friends and neighbors with compassion. We must form groups of individual that we can trust and help as needs arise. I hope the need does not arise but we must be prepared to help one another. Part of that help is to remind individual "This to Shall Pass".
I learned that lesson from my parents who lived through the Great Depression and WWII.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes it is a tragedy that he felt like his family should die rather than ask for help.As long as television movies and magazines keep forcing the importance of high fashion and being popular we will always have people like this. Movies TV and magazines set standards for society. Now a days you see this, day end and day out, from the time you are old enough to register what you see. It is doing nothing but building insecurities in people that can’t achieve this desired look.

We all as a society need to step back and realize that life is about how you live it and the way you treat people, not about what cloths you wear or how big your house is and what kind of car you drive. What good is it if you have everything in the world but you can’t look yourself in the mirror for shame of how you may have treated people to get where you are. I will personally take a meager life knowing that I can look everybody I meet in the eye. My opinions only.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Really terrible, I'm disgusted with Ervin Lupoe's murder spree, and anguished for the wife & children.

I am a surviving family member of an abduction/murder/suicide, and I can tell you that it hurls you back to the stone age, emotionally!

So I know what any of the siblings, in-laws, and friends of this couple are going through right now.

You know, the mayor mentions mental health services for "help" . . . I'm not so sure that is an answer, with how most phsychiatric doctors are classifying more & more normal emotions as "disorders" now, and prescribing extremely expensive phsychotropic drugs to 'treat' them. And they posess the legal power to have you committed against your will, if you sound the least bit upset, or aggitated, or paranoid, or just plain saddened!

From the suicide letter, I'd say Ervin was hoping, and even expecting some kind of justice for an alleged remark made by a manager that he "should blow his brains out", and finding nothing but obstacles and run-arounds, and denials, and further referrals to other agencies and individuals; which obviously escalated his rising disdain & pent-up anger.

I'm sure that would cause frustration for anyone, but most of us know how slowly corporate process' wheels turn, if at all, when it comes to the little guy.

That is what I'm focusing on, for the near future, out of this horrible tragedy: the fact that corporations have pretty much enslaved us all in some way or another, and we should expect to be treated as cattle with no rights; as our gov leaders embrace their continued lobbying, enjoying a wealthy & elite lifestyle, in exchange for protecting them from us with laws when we suddenly realize the futility of our struggles, and are thrust into a similar situation, with no adequate venue for expressing legitimate grievances!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'm not surprised by stories like this anymore. This is no excuse for the parents, but I believe the media shares a great deal of the blame. They glorify and trumpet the daily job loss and financial mess that this country is in - especially when they were shilling to get Obama in office, the media made things seem at least 10x worse than they were. Now they are all about trumping the previous days headlines with news of layoffs, bankruptcies, stock market plunges and general loss of quality of life - like they love what's going on because everything negative is newsworthy.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Sick people. I wonder if you can charge the banks or gov't with the murders since it is a result of their actions that led to this.

And spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat and guns regularly load themselves, cock themselves and take the bus to the nearest preschool and discharge themselves into a room of kids.

Life sucks sometimes. It can suck really hard and coping skills vary from individual to individual but he killed his family. Not the bank, not the gov't. He did.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Don't feel bad for the wife, according to the news report she helped plan it, so she is as much to blame as her husband.

Something tells me these people have never been so broke ass poor that they were eating beans from a can for meals. Why? Cause those of us who have been there know how to survive. We don't throw in the towel when things start to get rough. We start giving up the mterial things so we can afford the essentials. What we don't do is decide to be a coward and kill ourselves and our entire families. Now, before someone says I have no heart and no compassion for these people and their suffering, you are right, I don't.

I have no pity for cowards. They chose to simply give up and take a few out with them raher than at least try to find crap jobs that would mayb provide them some shelter and food. The worse part of all of it is that they selfishly took their children with them. Their children would have been better off alive o learn from mommy and daddy's mistake. Cause mommy and daddy were not survivors, and if youw ant make it in the world you need to know how to survive.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Don't feel bad for the wife, according to the news report she helped plan it, so she is as much to blame as her husband.

HIS letter said she planned it. It also says an administrator at his job "told him" to blow his brains out. It also says he filed a discrimination suit to get the job in the first place.

None of it is his fault, it's all someone else's fault. His wifes fault, the hospitals, etc...

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Finn1916

HIS letter said she planned it. It also says an administrator at his job "told him" to blow his brains out. It also says he filed a discrimination suit to get the job in the first place.

None of it is his fault, it's all someone else's fault. His wifes fault, the hospitals, etc...

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Sonya610]

No, definately blame him for what he did, but if he was right and him and his wife planned it together, then they are both to blame is what i am saying. As I said in my earlier post this guy is a whining douch who couldn't handle life outside his perfect little box. We are going to see more like him in he months to come.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Sounds to me like they may have had some grounds for a lawsuit.

These people acted irrationally and took the easy way out. Unfortunately they HAD to bring so many mouths to feed into this world. Do I feel sorry for the kids, you bet, but the parents I just can't feel sorry for. Nobody put a gun to their heads (no pun intended) and forced them to repopulate the world when obviously their financial situation was not in the best of shape.

God bless those kids.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
People who do such things as this often do so out of guilt, despair, and sadness. In his mind he probably thought he was doing his children and wife a favor as his hope of providing for them was greatly diminished. He was probably under the assumption that the well being of his family was rooted in his own ability or inability to take care of them.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
this statement "should blow his brains out" should be a crime alone because of the times that everyone is going through right now.
The freedom of speech should not protect this statement.
I am very sorry that these kids could not defend themselfs, and the man
should not have committed this crime.
As for mental health services that also may be is expierencing cut backs might have helped this man. I also read in this article about the family moving to Kanas? what happened to that idea? Maybe there was employment lined up there?
There are choices out there, homeless shelters, why didnt they live with other family temp. until a job came available?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kj6754
...He was probably under the assumption that the well being of his family was rooted in his own ability or inability to take care of them.

Just for clarification purposes, this was an alleged joint decision by both parents if I read correctly.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Heck, two years ago my wife and I were both out of work at the same time. She had to take a contract out of state and we lost our home in the same two months. We were for all intents and purposes homeless.

We live in a hotel for three weeks while my wife's nursing agency found us an apartment.

And I can say, we never once, not once thought of killing ourselves or our son. These people are just worthless.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Narcissists suck.

Society isn't "worse." People used to just hide and lie about this stuff, and the investigative skill to crack it wasn't there.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
. I also read in this article about the family moving to Kanas? what happened to that idea? Maybe there was employment lined up there?

The Kansas thing was probably just an excuse as to why they were ttaking their kids out of school the week before killing them.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
IN READING SO MUCH AND TRYING TO ABSORB WHAT I AM READING ..THEN I SEE A MAN KILLS HIMSELF AND HIS FAMILY..ITS THE SAME THING AGAIN THE ILLUMINATES ARE WEEDING OUT THE RACE...THIS IS SO SCARY,I KEEP READING HOW PEOPLE ARE DYING NOT ONE BY ONE BUT GROUPS BY GROUPS..THEN I READ,ALCOHOL DRINKING IS GOOD FOR SEX..WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT..THEY ARE BRAINWASHING US INTO THINKING THAT IF YOU DRINK WHILE HAVING SEX IT WILL MAKE IT MUCH MORE EXCITING ..WHO THE HECK ARE THEY KIDDING..I REALLY HOPE THE KIDS DONT READ THAT ..THEY ARE AGAIN WEEDING OUT PEOPLE BY TELLING THEM STUPID THINGS LIKE THIS..THEN I HEAR HEADACHE PILLS ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOU AND EXERCISING CAUSES HEART ATTACKS....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SCENE...WE THE PEOPLE HAVE TO BAND TOGETHER AND IGNORE THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN ..I BELIEVE YOU ARE A FREE INDIVIDUAL AND ARE CAPABLE OF KNOWING WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU ANYWAYS...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
THEY ALWAYS SAY THAT THOSE WHO KILL THEMSELVES ARE TAKING THE COWARDLY WAY OUT...MANY TIMES I HAD SUICIDAL FEELINGS AND I KNOW THAT I AM A DEPRESSED PERSON ..I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT I DO..I THINK THE MAN WAS MENTALLY ILL TO TAKE HIS WHOLE FAMILY AND SNUFF OUT THEIR LIVES...IT WAS A VERY SELFISH ACT ON HIS PART..WHO KNOWS MAYBE THE GOVERNMENT HELPS PEOPLE DO THINGS LIKE THIS AFTER ALL WE DONT TRUST ANYTHING THEY SAY ANYWAYS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join