It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think the Rapture has happened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Haha! I get caught up in the recent posts as too often. And thanks... numbers were never my strong suit.

I completely concur with you about the rapture. I will just have to admit that for the most part, almost everything (almost) in the NT I tend to have a strong aversion to... just me though. I find Revelation to far more confusing than the prophets (and much more doom and gloomish).

Daniel just always trips me up with the numbers lol There also just seems to me to be something I am not getting regarding the numbers... like, not seeing them correctly.. though to me, it is never a make or break deal regarding my relationship with G.d.

Just one of those things that I read through and I know I am *seeing* something, but I just don't know what. *shrugs*

Oh, btw.. badmedia... I like the new avatar.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
hey, read your Bible. The 144,000 are sealed and sent to the Jews in time of peril. The rapture of those who have been saved in Jesus name takes place just as the anti-christ is revealed. Dude, we ain't seen nothin yet

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

and who are you to criticize who is and who is not worthy of being taken up to Christ?

I do not believe this Rapture has happened yet because there are in fact many REAL Christians that I know who are still here, still doing God's work and still living their lives as only they can.

although I'll have to say for a minute what you wrote made sense...then again I just woke up and everything makes sense to a certain point.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nope hasnt happened yet ...but there is certainly a huge falling away from the truth going on .....and the tossing of the bible going on .....and of course alot of replacement theology going on (Many putting themselves in place of Christ) ..and dominionist doctrine going on ..

Just more scripture being fulfilled right before our eyes ....

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Nope hasnt happened yet ...but there is certainly a huge falling away from the truth going on .....and the tossing of the bible going on .....and of course alot of replacement theology going on (Many putting themselves in place of Christ) ..and dominionist doctrine going on ..

Just more scripture being fulfilled right before our eyes ....

It's certainly not new. In fact, all of those things have been done by the Church.

The Pope is supposedly Christ on earth even.

Church determined which books to put in the bible, Church given power by the Romans and so on. Paul himself is a replacement theology of Jesus. Which is to say, you can't actually understand Jesus for yourself, and so you need Paul in order to understand Jesus and then Jesus for the father. Of course Paul is really just the symbol of a religious leader, of which Jesus himself warned his disciples about - those who actually were with Jesus. Do not make or put yourself above others he told them, for they are your brothers and sisters. I guess Paul missed that part as he went about setting up an authoritative structure to things in his name.

Jesus isn't even actually his name. It's translated and changed as such. Wonder if it's because they were worried about people who might do or ask in his real name?

Does the mainstream image of Jesus meet his description? Nope! Whose description does it meet? Of course a false idol must be physically "beautiful". What would the people think if he looked like an average joe!

So these things are hardly new. It's been going on for 1600 years or longer. The only difference is you've already accepted the changes and think anything that does agree with those changes is wrong.

Personally, I'm just curious how the church is able to have gotten all it's power in a time before the return of Jesus. Riddle me that one.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
The Pope is supposedly Christ on earth even.

Bull.

If you are going to blast a religion, at least get the facts straight. The Catholic Church does NOT believe that the pope is Christ on earth. Stop getting your education from jack chick tracts and GO READ THE CATECHISM to see what the Catholic Church says about the pope.

Matthew 16:18 is where the Catholic Church believes that Christ put Peter in charge of his flock. The Acts has where sucession comes from - the laying on of hands to fill the position of Judas after he betrayed Christ.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
[The Pope is supposedly Christ on earth even.]

According to you everyone is Christ on earth ....isnt that what you have said over and over lately ?
If Christ is within us all and we are all sons and daughters of God then why would the pope be any different when he says he is also Christ on earth ?
He believes that Christ is within him ..as you do ....how is he any different then than you ?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
[Church determined which books to put in the bible, Church given power by the Romans and so on. Paul himself is a replacement theology of Jesus. Which is to say, you can't actually understand Jesus for yourself, and so you need Paul in order to understand Jesus and then Jesus for the father. Of course Paul is really just the symbol of a religious leader, of which Jesus himself warned his disciples about - those who actually were with Jesus. Do not make or put yourself above others he told them, for they are your brothers and sisters. I guess Paul missed that part as he went about setting up an authoritative structure to things in his name.]

And Badmedia is determining which books and which teachers in that bible should not be in that bible (Paul) ........and which ones should be in it ..
No difference ....

The Church adds unto the word of God and takes away from it ..
And so do you ....I dont see much difference ...do you ?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bull.

If you are going to blast a religion, at least get the facts straight. The Catholic Church does NOT believe that the pope is Christ on earth. Stop getting your education from jack chick tracts and GO READ THE CATECHISM to see what the Catholic Church says about the pope.

Matthew 16:18 is where the Catholic Church believes that Christ put Peter in charge of his flock. The Acts has where sucession comes from - the laying on of hands to fill the position of Judas after he betrayed Christ.

:shk:

Well, I don't mean to derail the thread, so I will take it back if it makes you happy. I understand that most Catholics don't view him that way, but there have been claims that are as such, and he is treated as if he were. Able to forgive and so on. It would be a long topic in itself.

But a church in those days was called a synagogue. The physical church is not on both heaven and on the earth. But the knowledge and teachings one has gotten are. And that is the church. Many times Jesus likens wisdom and understanding to be like a rock.

Matthew 7

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I understand that most Catholics don't view him that way,

The CHURCH ITSELF doesn't view him that way.
The LEGAL DOCUMENTS that run the church say it.

and he is treated as if he were.

No he isn't. No one worships him.

Able to forgive and so on.

Again - Matthew 16:18 go read it.

Read the official catechism.
Read the official church documents.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

[The Pope is supposedly Christ on earth even.]

According to you everyone is Christ on earth ....isnt that what you have said over and over lately ?
If Christ is within us all and we are all sons and daughters of God then why would the pope be any different when he says he is also Christ on earth ?
He believes that Christ is within him ..as you do ....how is he any different then than you ?

There is a reason people have to be deceived. They are genuinely good people who want to do the right thing. If they were just completely evil people, they wouldn't need to be deceived.

There is a difference in becoming the authority over yourself, which is freedom, and becoming the authority over others. I would never in a million years tell you that you couldn't believe what you want. I would never in a million years want to be an authority over you. That is the difference. I think it's a sad state when control over 1 life, the one given to them by god isn't enough for someone.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You did not answer the questions ..

What is the difference in you saying you are christ on earth and the pope saying he is christ on earth ?

What is the difference in you saying some books need to be taken out of the bible and the pope saying some books need to be taken out and or added to the bible

If you were given a pulpit would you not be preaching to millions (as does the pope) the same things your preaching and teaching here at ATS ?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

And Badmedia is determining which books and which teachers in that bible should not be in that bible (Paul) ........and which ones should be in it ..
No difference ....

No. I do not determine which books are in your bible. Nor have I ever tried to. I also do not go around killing people who do not agree with "my bible". If I did such, then how in the world can I also justify my own right to choose unless I put myself above others?

You can keep on attacking me all day if you want, I don't mind. But at the same time you are still refusing to look at your own religion in the same light you look at others. Did you realize when you accused me of that, you agreed they had done the same action you were saying I was bad for doing? Do you see the difference in me making a choice for myself, and me killing anyone who disagrees with it?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No difference ....

No. I do not determine which books are in your bible. Nor have I ever tried to. I also do not go around killing people who do not agree with "my bible". If I did such, then how in the world can I also justify my own right to choose unless I put myself above others?

You can keep on attacking me all day if you want, I don't mind. But at the same time you are still refusing to look at your own religion in the same light you look at others. Did you realize when you accused me of that, you agreed they had done the same action you were saying I was bad for doing? Do you see the difference in me making a choice for myself, and me killing anyone who disagrees with it?

I have not seen the Pope or anyone else kill anyone ..(I sure have not killed anyone ) ..........
And what religion are you talking about ....I do not attend any church at all ......NONE .....

How on earth is asking you a very direct and honest question attacking you /

How are you any different if you believe that you are christ on earth ...than if the pope thinks he is also christ on earth ...
Very simple question ...

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

How are you any different if you believe that you are christ on earth ...than if the pope thinks he is also christ on earth ...

The simple answer is this - Badmedia thinks he is Christ on earth, but the pope doesn't have that self-opinon. So badmedia has a much higher opinion of himself then the self-opinion that even the pope has.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The CHURCH ITSELF doesn't view him that way.
The LEGAL DOCUMENTS that run the church say it.

It is implied.

and he is treated as if he were.

No he isn't. No one worships him.

Ok, tell me how Jesus would be treated better than how the pope is treated on earth by people?

Able to forgive and so on.

Again - Matthew 16:18 go read it.

The verse right before it.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

It's not talking about physical things here. for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee. Because he knew the father, he recognized the father within Jesus. The man with wisdom is the man who is rich in the eyes of god, it is knowledge that the church is based on within a person, and wisdom is the ability to make the right choices based on that knowledge. It is like a rock as he likens being wise to many times. The wise man will not be fooled and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The wise man will not be deceived.

The physical church is not present in both heaven and on earth. But the knowledge and wisdom you personally have is. What you know on earth you also know in heaven, because the kingdom of heaven is within, not in the physical like the church is.

Read the official catechism.
Read the official church documents.

Look at their fruits.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The simple answer is this - Badmedia thinks he is Christ on earth, but the pope doesn't have that self-opinon. So badmedia has a much higher opinion of himself then the self-opinion that even the pope has.

If the father is in you, and Christ is in you, then how are you not Christ on earth? Wouldn't that be the parts where one denies it of themselves and does not act accordingly?

Will you also ask the father or Jesus to shrink down for your comfort? Or would you also accuse them of having to high of an opinion of themselves?

Tell me, would you recognize Jesus on earth as Peter did? Or are you hoping for something physical in the clouds?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The word "vicar" means one who serves or acts in place of someone as a representative, and is derived from the word "vicarius."

Do you not believe that as christ is within you that you are also a representative of christ on this earth Badmedia ?

(I am not sticking up for the Pope because I believe he is in error just as you are Badmedia...but I wanted you to see that you prescribe to the same beliefs as the pope does) so you are in fact saying the same thing about yourself as the Pope says ........................

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I have not seen the Pope or anyone else kill anyone ..(I sure have not killed anyone ) ..........
And what religion are you talking about ....I do not attend any church at all ......NONE .....

How on earth is asking you a very direct and honest question attacking you /

Very simple question ...

I've never seen or heard of GWB killing anyone either.

You still keep to the same beliefs that religion is founded on. As I have told you before, I think you are a good person and have good intentions, but I think it is in spite of, not because of.

As I told you, the difference is in if they think they are the only one. That because of it, you are able to forgive the sins of people and so on. It is when someone makes themselves into an authoritative figure, because when you do that then you have put yourself above others.

See, when you see the truth and that it is in others, then the commandments make sense. It's like AHHHH, that is why! Treat other people as if they are yourself, because they are you. There is a reason it's called a sin against god when you do these things, because god is within them as well. So when you put yourself above others, then you are not recognizing this. You are not seeing it and so on.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Originally posted by NatureBoy

So, no real Christians left + end of Christs Age + everything done by 2012 = THE RAPTURE HAS HAPPENED!

It seems we are the sinners, so sin well my friends.

The cynic in me wonders, were there ever any "Real Christians" to begin with?

ahahaha good point

i do like the subjects of biblical end times

interesting stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join