It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must-See - Ron Paul SCHOOLS MSNBC 1/27/09

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's OK to argue and discuss the problems, but once "the problem is the Fed." is mentioned, the conversation ends up going nowhere.

Great video, but there's hardly a one with Ron Paul that isn't.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Interesting to hear a similar argument coming from the former Soviet Union:

“Interference of the state, the belief in the omnipotence of the state: That is a reaction to market failures,” Mr Putin said in his keynote address at the opening of the four-day meeting. “There is a temptation to expand direct interference of state in economy. In the Soviet Union that became an absolute. We paid a very dear price for that.”

Vladimir Putin attacks Western rescue packages Times, 28/01/09

In the same article we're told:

Vladimir Putin, Russia’s powerful Prime Minister, has launched a swinging attack on Western financial rescue packages, calling for no less than a new world order to reserve the global financial crisis.

I can't make sense of that sentence. What does it mean "to reserve the global financial crisis"?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have serious misgivings about the push to "restore" the Constitution, not because I hate freedom, but because there are some things which should not be restored.

The link I'm about to present is actually from a Libertarian's website, so it's not like it's from an Obama-loving blind follower. Where Ron Paul is wrong...and when he is not.

Plus, people need to be schooled in history. Two things you cannot deny, if you look to history. One: All societies fail eventually. Two: All monetary systems fail eventually. Rail all you want about fiat currency, and you're right to rail on our money system, of course. As scary as a failure of our currency is, it won't be the first time the dollar has failed. If we go back to the supposed Constitutional mandate that Congress handled it, well, it only took 'em about 30 years to tank the dollar when they had control.

Look, I'm not smart enough to understand all this, but there is historical precedent that even a purely gold system fails. I'm not picking on this as a way to pick on Ron Paul believing in a gold standard, because he's called for something he calls "sound money," an idea I can get behind. However, people who treat him like an oracle for stating that the dollar will fail, ugh, of course it will because money--no matter what it's based on--always eventually fails! In the case of gold, eventually people hoard it when times get tough, or someone strikes a rich vein and hyperinflation takes off, or an invading army takes all the gold, or something which causes failure of a supposedly infallible system.

I'll have to continue this rant later. I'm at work, and I'm having terrible luck finding articles I'm looking for. This is what I get for getting lax on bookmarking articles on delicious.com ;-) I definitely have quite a bit more to say about the near total lack of skepticism I see on any discussion, anywhere, about Ron Paul. It disappoints me to see it here, for reasons I'll go into later.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
long live ron paul!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
AMAZING!!!

The Propoganda servants know what Ron Paul is saying is true - but they try with every soundbite to undermine his message.

Talk about Orwellian doublethink!

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."

— Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by regeya
Two things you cannot deny, if you look to history. One: All societies fail eventually. Two: All monetary systems fail eventually.

What kind of nihilistic reasoning is this? It will fail eventually so there is no point in acting rationally to prevent it from failing?

Originally posted by regeya
I'm not picking on this as a way to pick on Ron Paul believing in a gold standard, because he's called for something he calls "sound money," an idea I can get behind. However, people who treat him like an oracle for stating that the dollar will fail, ugh, of course it will because money--no matter what it's based on--always eventually fails!

That may be because we have yet to have sound money. Whether you have a fiat currency or one backed by gold and whether money is printed by private corporation or government are secondary issues. Until fractional reserve banking is recognized for the mind-numbingly simple scam that it is, the world will remain at the mercy of the central banks and "sound money" will remain nothing but a disingenuous slogan.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
At least they allowed Ron Paul to go on TV.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I really like this Ron Paul guy, but i donno, getting rid of income tax? getting away from fiat money?let the major finantial institutions fail?let a resection runs it's course?

isn't there a better way to fix the economy without such drastic changes? i mean, it's like choosing to get shot with a 9mm bullet to the head so that later we don't have to get shot by a .45 caliber.

i tell you man, it looks bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

What do you mean that you want to know where this kind of stuff was last year? The media did everything they could to make sure nobody even heard of Ron Paul, and when they had no other choice than to mention him, or his supporters, they made them to look like they were a bunch of kooks. Oh, Ron Paul was there all right, but the media made sure you didn't notice him.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Great video, but there's hardly a one with Ron Paul that isn't.

Peace

Isn't that great!?

He's sure got my respect!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ron Paul once again gives it straight and the talking heads try and disregaurd it.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ron Paul is correct. We should painfully suffer through this, and dont do bailouts. In the long run, the bailouts will cause even MORE pain and destroy the value of our dollar.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I didn't recognize/get the name of the questioner at the end but, apparently "Having drinks served to us on the beach" is their idea of where we're supposed to get to. If it weren't for R.P. being on the ball and answering their questions so effectively I'd have been much, much more stupid (than the average citizen that I am) and would have been much, much better off watching cartoons.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What an insightful genius Dr. Paul is. I sure hope that after Obama's term (or 2 terms) that this country straightens up and truly listens to this man, he can/could save this country.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

I "pray" that Dr. Paul has the chance to offer his direction in 4 years...possibly 8...whatever. I am more inclined to believe he will most likely face an "unfortunate smelting accident" first though...!

Point being that alot of folks pointing the way to the correct path, true patriots if you will, end up committing suicide, or having unforeseen fatal medical issues, or car wreck, plane crash, etc...

I hate to think that way, but history shows that instead of the squeaky wheel getting the oil...the nail that sticks out gets hammered! However, when/if it comes time, Ron Paul has my vote(again)...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
God bless you Ron Paul. God bless America.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Amazing, simply amazing!

I'm glad they allowed truth to be spoken for 10minutes.

That's very surprising

Thanks for this vid. Starred and Flagged.

The end is very striking. Ron Paul, said he would allow the liquidation of debts to occur and allow people to spend money and buy up assets.

The guy in the studio responded, "But no one will do that."

Ron Paul, came back with a very, very important message, "Then there's no value there."

Guy in studio: silence, nods in agreement, you can see from his face his brain is blank as he tries to find something to respond with but he cannot argue against it. Finally a word comes out, "Agreed."

So why is the US government buying up worthless assets that no one in their right mind would touch?

Ron Paul: "You don't dump worthless assets on the tax payer."

This is the key. Worthless assets provide no benefit for the economy and just help to provide a false economy, which in turn wastes the opportunity for money to have a positive impact.

The guy in the studio then starts talking about the 'perfect economy' where he and his colleague woudl be sitting on the beach being served drinks from robots. It starts to get into a bit of an amateur debate now as he realises his level.

On a lighter note, why wouldn't the studio guy rather get served drinks on a beach by a young hot girl, earning money to pay for her education, - surely thats win-win all round whilst doing more for the economy??

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The more I hear from him, the more i am starting to like what he says, I used to think he was a nut job, but not so much anymore. He has my vote when the messiah destroys us. Hopefully we can still reclaim the tattared remains of the constitution and make it whole again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join