Army rabbi 'gave out hate leaflet to troops'

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

By Ben Lynfield in Jerusalem
Tuesday, 27 January 2009

The Israeli army's chief rabbinate gave soldiers preparing to enter the Gaza Strip a booklet implying that all Palestinians are their mortal enemies and advising them that cruelty is sometimes a "good attribute".

The booklet, entitled Go Fight My Fight: A Daily Study Table for the Soldier and Commander in a Time of War, was published especially for Operation Cast Lead, the devastating three-week campaign launched with the stated aim of ending rocket fire against southern Israel. The publication draws on the teachings of Rabbi Shlomo Aviner, head of the Jewish fundamentalist Ateret Cohanim seminary in Jerusalem.

In one section, Rabbi Aviner compares Palestinians to the Philistines, a people depicted in the Bible as a war-like menace and existential threat to Israel.

www.independent.co.uk...

Interesting article from the Independent newspaper that seems to give a partial explanation for the unusually high numbers of individual acts of cruelty in the resent Gaza onslaught.

While propaganda leaflets are often dropped on th enemy it is also unusual to distribute such material to one's own side in modern times. Often the population is propagandised to tolerate conflicts but on this occassion the Israeli state encouraged its individual soldiers to disregard the law with direct and explicit instructions justified on religious grounds.

Unlike the laws of war between facing armies, a war waged against a captive population is illegal to begin with but Israel went beyond that.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good post.

That is pretty much standard procedure in conflicts, usually employed when moral of the troops slips down a notch ...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by 5thElement]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Sure handing booklets to soldiers facing dangerous armies is one thing but prepping them this way before laying siege to a walled conglomerate of refugees camps is another.

By the way, these handouts were distribute a long time before the attack, so morale was not an issue.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That is just disgusting!

Israelis are becoming the worst terrorist on the planet.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The booklet, entitled "Go Fight My Fight"...

Why don't they go fight it themselves?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
By the way, these handouts were distribute a long time before the attack, so morale was not an issue.

Been in the war myself. Propaganda material is always used when moral is down.

The only question here is why it was down at the time of the handouts and in what condition is it at currently ?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

can anyone imagine if it was a Nut case mullah?
we would have half or maybe more of the Israeli crew coming in shouting how evil Muslims are and how evil islam is

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well at least it given to adults and not 15-year-old kids like Hamas does. I’m all for it when fighting a terror organization…

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire Dragon

Well at least it given to adults and not 15-year-old kids like Hamas does. I’m all for it when fighting a terror organization…

Oh I see Megaphone has sent out a general alert. Welcome to ATS.

Your point escapes me. Please elucidate.

[edit on 033131p://pm3140 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

this video should say it all.

www.youtube.com...

but im sure you will find something to say about that as well since you are a muslim

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fire Dragon

What of it? Palestinians teaching their kids military stuff, big deal. We have cadets in the UK.

The important thing to reflect on is the recent murderous slaughter of Palestinian children by the Israel. I recall more than 350 killed by white phopherous, DIME bombs and HEs.

Heck, even kids have the right to defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I rest my case, really a wholesome childhood.
when you have kids you also should teach them to strap bombs around thier waist and kill people. no wonder the muslim world countries are all third world countries...
great education...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I rest my case, really a wholesome childhood.
when you have kids you also should teach them to strap bombs around thier waist and kill people. no wonder the muslim world countries are all third world countries...
great education...

Sorry bud, your standard zionist memes does not work here, try youtube.

Even if Palestinians were to strap explosives on their minors, which has actually never happened, it does not explain away rabbis like the one above inviting war crimes or the mass killings of Palestinians we saw in Gaza.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

i think you need a education on Third world countries

grouping all muslim countries as third world is the most stupid thing i have seen anyone post on ATS in ages

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

you mean besides the fanatic racist muslim posts you and mason put daily. do you guys think the posting your daily news alerts will make a change when you have your 10 muslim friends on ats give you stars?

the fact is israel and the free western world will keep killing muslims until they modernize. so post all you want, im sure it makes you fell good about yourself when you go to bed at night...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

1. please enlighten me on the fanatic racist muslim posts we have made, Point some out so i may see them for my self.

2. fact is israel and the free western world will keep killing muslims until they modernize
joker

my ten muslim friends?
damn, would like to see how you class None muslims who agree with me

[edit on 29-1-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This post clearly shows what happens when you put these radical men with their big beards in charge.

This "hate leaflet" could be used as evidence in the building case for warcrimes against these israeli officials.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
its gettin ugly in here, I was going to skip this thread cause it didnt look that interesting, but damn what a good show! fight fight~!

You guys bore me.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

you mean besides the fanatic racist muslim posts you and mason put daily. do you guys think the posting your daily news alerts will make a change when you have your 10 muslim friends on ats give you stars?

I see you have been keeping lists. No problems then, you have nothing to worry about.

I personally think the rabbi above is a fanatic and a racist just like the collective action of the Israeli state in Gaza what with the murder of 1300+ and more than 5000 wounded in Gaza. Chow.

[edit on 063131p://pm3129 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by bodrul

the fact is israel and the free western world will keep killing muslims until they modernize. so post all you want, im sure it makes you fell good about yourself when you go to bed at night...

You put up a video of kids doing what their told and somehow expect to make everything you defend right. Your video only proves that Muslims love their cameras. I know of a bunch of white little kids here who say really bad things about blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Muslims, and just about every race you... or they, rather, can think of. They say how they would love to kill them and do things that no child could ever come up with. Maybe we should invade the US for having these types of people... oh wait we are the US.

You want racism and fanatics here... watch FOX news. And in response to the last part of your post, please tell me WHAT EXACTLY IS SO "MODERN" ABOUT KILLING ANYONE? THERE COULD NOT BE A MORE PRIMITIVE ACTION!! People like you are the same all around the world, well said phrases but stupid none-the-less.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by 3vilscript]

new topics
top topics

join