It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo Prisoners - Should other countries accept them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
President Obama has suggested Guantanamo Bay military prison will be closed within the year. Surely there will be some terrorists in Gitmo, but there's no doubt on my mind that that living hell has created some very dangerous terrorists. If you are both mentally and physically tortured 24hrs a day, I have quite some understanding that some people over there have turned into dangerous America hating terrorists.

The question is what to do with them? The US has already inquired whether European countries want to take them. Apart from a maybe from Portugal (and possibly Spain and France), no other country wants to take them.

The Netherlands (where I live) has declined taking them. I think that's the right choice. Our government has always stressed torture should not be allowed and the EU has more than once urged the US to close Gitmo. The US didn't want to listen, now they should pay the price as well.

Bush and Cheney have done some wonderful thing: people who cannot be convicted (because there is no evidence), but who will be brought to the US and will have to be released... imagine you have such people walking around in your neighbourhood.

Do you think other Western countries such as Canada, Australia or Europe should take these people?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
nobody should have to take this risk, except the countries they came from.

They need to go to wherever they are citizens, that's what stupid oblongo hasnt thought about, whats he gonna do with the prisoners/

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Most likely these prisoners are bug. For example TV channels such as the animal planet sometimes have shows of an animal or creature that is capture by scientis for study , the animal is then bug with a cheap transmitter and then release back to the wild, the scientist can now get all sorts of real time info on the creature i.e. migration ,location,habits, behavior patterns etc...

Just think ...NSA latest and best tech. and unlimited funds.:: up:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Lol. What risk ?

How many high profile criminals roam this very land FREE, invincible to the hand of law and who are more then happy to harm others to meet their agendas ???

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I believe these prisoners are bug, just like in the shows on Animal Planet or Discovery channel, where scientist for example take an animal from the wild and implant a transmitter/resiver/transponder into their bodies then release the creature back to their habitat, so that the scientist can study and learn on real time all kinds of information like behavior,location,migratorial patterns.etc..

Think big on a large scale i.e. NSA/CIA with their latest tech. and unlimitted funds.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
sorry for the double post on top, i can not find the edit option, Mods please delete it

join