It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Vampires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Okay im new here so if this has been post before i apologise in advance,

Okay here is a story that i have been aware of for a while but struggled to find pages on untill i eventually found this, this tells of the curse put on one of Scotlands most powerful Families, the Bruce's. Im guessing you have heard of Robert the Bruce, he was a famous Scottish King,
(google search will give LOADS OF INFO)

could this possibly be proof of vampires?

As it does say this was where Bram Stoker found his idea for Dracula, i founs that interesting as i thought it was based on vlad the impaler.

oh well here ya go

www.seanachaidh.org/plaugue.htm

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
sounds interesting

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well on behalf of all scottish members of ATS.....FANGS!!

Emm...ok..lol

Dracula was based on Vlad the Impaler...the man who brought terror to europe and impaled his victims on rail road spikes in the butt through to the mouth or sometimes chest.

I admit i have never heard of this curse!!

heres the link btw:

curse

IMO:

I have for some while thought that dracula could be Judas Iscariot.

Im thinking this as there are a few similarities between what we think happened to Judas Iscariot after the betrayal and what happened to Vlad the Impaler before he was cursed.

now...Vlad the Impaler *from what i remember* was cursed because of his crimes against god...so he became a drinker of blood and one fo the undead. Never able to see the sunlight and other of gods creations. Nvr be able to see beauty of day...forever in darkness.

Judas Iscariot...u all know he betrayed Jesus with a kiss to the Roman Praetorians..he never drank at the last supper and commited one of the worst sins ever.

now...could u imagine Judas getting a major guilt trip from god and becoming something as inhuman as possible?

Never being able to see the beauty of gods creations: ie, sunlight, joy, nature.

Never being able to feel emotions like joy, fear, hope?

in either case....being damned to live in the nite for all eternity without friendship or faith...without feelings or hunger...always preying on humans for food.

ok...if that made any sense whatsoever then u know why thats my opinion.

Maybe this should go in the rant section???

oh well

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Judas,, i see well someone has been watching Dracula 2000

but it is funny how they have those things in common isnt it, so its still a good call there! well done

oh and also vampires are supposedly hurt by silver, and judas was given pieces of silver after betraying Jesus

and it also explains why they hate crosses, crosses being a religous symbol

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Hunter 825]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I actually thought about Judas before i saw or even heard of that film...kinda creepy tho aint it!!!!

Its just made sense that someone who commited a haneous (sp) crime would get such a punishment as being disowned by god.

also..Judas never drank at the last supper...where the wine was Jesus's blood....so now he must drink his fill to survive.

the similarities are asstounding

Im not religeous....idea just sparked an interest

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Gryffen]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Interesting story, but refering to judas, if god knew what was going to happen in everyone's life, wouldn't he know that judas would do such a thing at his birth? in other words wouldn't god be sending judas to hell, for something he was supposed to do by god's will anyways? does that make god evil? if judas never did such a thing, would jesus die of old age? thus, never fulfilling the prophecy. there are so many things that make people question god and his powers. so back to the vampire topic, vlad the impaler drank his victims blood, i've never heard of the curse, but it sounds good.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Greetings.

I have some information about Judas. I do not think that the man was of any relation to the family of Dracul though.

Although interesting is the fact, that Judas ventured into a field where he literally exploded at dawn. Or some consider that he was "Staked", there is confusion amongst scholars the meaning of the word, that implies what happened to Judas. The field today is known in Israel as "Bloodfields".

And the teachings of Jesus are very interesting, as according to my own reseach, encouraged people to drink his blood, claiming that they would be resurrected and have a "Resurrection bodies", after that.

Also interesting would be a teaching about two deaths, he said that the first death would be at resurrection and the other death would be for real, and he said that there would be no returning from that.

Jesus also said, that the resurrection would happen at life, not after death as many people now think. I've managed to find this information while studying religious belifes at books and from the web.

Also don't expect to find proof/truth about vampires, when using that kind of nick.

BF.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
here is a link given to me by Baked...it shows the similarites between Judas and Dracula....even right down to reversing the words.

Its taken from the orginal story but portraid brilliantly in the Gary Oldman Dracula.

reversing christ

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Scottish vampires? Eh, that's a new one on me!

As far as I know, "Scottish vampires" are strictly a modern invention. Scots (and other Celts) have a variety of rather dreadful supernatural creatures (various Sidhes, Moddy Dubh, pookahs, and so forth) but no vampires -- and nothing like a vampire, now that I think of it.

Lots of ghosts and other things, however:
www.heartoscotland.com...

The only curse that the Bruces ran into involves St. Malachy: www.heritage.me.uk...

The curse was on the Robert Bruce (the ancestor of the Scottish king; not the Scottish king himself) and seems to be a general misfortune and not anything terribly specific.

NB: That website is the only source I see for the Scottish vampire story. I'm pretty familiar with the legends in general, and the fact that there's no other support for it makes me a bit skeptical. That's why I think the story is modern and not an old one.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
ok...im gettin carried away probably but this has sparked an interest in me:

here are some more links to back up my thoughts:

Judas' curse

Link 2

Link 3

OK...Section 13...the Iscariots?????????????

They for real???

last link....for now....*evil laugh*

Iscariot bloodline

Feel free to comment...more info coming up as Baked and me are working on this.

Gryff

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The bruces play a pretty big role in scottish history, if anybody has ever seen the movie braveheart the bruce whose about to die has leporacy. I havent heard anything about Vampirisim though.

As for the disease of Vampirisim, heres a few things I've came up with...

Vampirisim is a real disease, People who have it are really sensitive to light as if there albino, or have that thign micheal jackson has. It causes your gums to swell above your K9 teeth making it appear as though you have fangs. Sheep's helps rid most of the symptoms out of the human body, so when you get the disease it looks like you have fangs.

I think count dracula (real person) he was russian or something, most of the steriotypes came from him. He was a brutal ruler who had the disease, when he wetn to war with anybody he would take any soldiers his men killed and impail them on stakes all around his castle, I think he drank blood too, due to his disease plus he was sick and twisted so he probably did it for kicks also.

If I'm wrong don't flame me, but this is just random information teachers and such have told me about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
OK...i think this is gonna be the last link in this hour lol

Baked found this for me a little while ago and said that it is near enough the same belief that i have.

Now..i have to wonder...how possible could it be that Judas went around in life as diffrent personas?

seriously...from Judas...to Vlad to dracula...taking as many identities as neccessary to achive his goals.

linky

Baked and me are gonna be working on this so please...feel free to comment

gryff

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The idea that Judas had vampirisim is very likely, Jesus just picked random guys to be his disciples. He diddn't pick anybody special or anything, God usually picks the most unlikely people to perform his tasks. David was somewhere around 13 years old when he (for lack of a better word) owned Goliath. Moses was a loser with a really bad speach impediment who was scared of everything.
So Judas could have had vampirisim but Jesus would have cured him as he cured the blind, crippled, lepors, and posessed.
I think it's kind of funny that people are referring to Jesus's blood at the last supper, they diddn't really drink his blood, they drank wine and ate bread as they do in modern church services. Unless I read wrong and you guys know that, lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
we as someone has already quoted:

Jesus did say *the bread is my flesh and the wine is my blood...*

U dont have to be sherlock to know where were coming from...no offence

im kinda set in this now...more evidence to follow

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hunter 825

if vampires are real do you think pure bloods wold be afected by thes efects do to beang the off spring

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Taylor

I think vampires exist, but I'm only nine. but still I'm into that cryptozoology stuff. U know cryptozoology is like the study of unexplained and unproven creatures. I think that the most common vampire is Nosferatu and Dracula. If you are really into cryptids and you wanna complete list of them go on google.com and search either CRYPTIDS LIST FROM STRANGEARK or FLICKR:
CRYPTOZOOLOGY. Last time i checked there was like 743 on both of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
you guys are all silly . There no such thing as vampires,bigfoot or ufo and ghosts.lol

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IKnowNothing

but it was never stated that judas....or dracula....was being sent to hell...if in fact he was born to betray jesus to fufil this prophecy i cant see how he will be sent to hell...and jesus did die for his sins as well...remember judas was jesus right hand man and best friend......his punishment isnt a afterlife in hell but living on earth as this creature..and when he dies/died. perhaps only then he will return to jesus. thus he has already been forgiving......nothing judas did was sinful.. technically

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch314

Be careful not to mix "vampirism" with Porphyria, en.wikipedia.org... (look for Porphyria on the outline).

Generally: Suscitatio is a research facility where information is gathered in respect to those who dare to admit they are "real vampires"- those who are light and sun sensitive, have a range of empathic and energetic sensitivity/ability they are born with, and whose life energy is balanced and sustained mostly by other sources of life energy (plants, animals, the earth itself, as well as human energy and even physical blood). Most real vampires will not come out and say that they are, reputations having already been burned by masqueraders who quote White Wolf and such. There are however tame and educational sites such as Aquilus and Sanquinarius.

These 'vampires' are however part of humanity. There have also been numerous accounts of 'spiritual/ehteral vampires' such as the Highgate Vampire.

So... vampires can be from anywhere- Scotland, Japan, Africa... it's all in the genes. Vampires from ages ago obviously didn't have the resources we do today, so they became infamous for bloodlust and bloodshed. But as far as the origins of 'vampires', we only have esoteric storytelling and historical theory.

Sorry it was so long. Hope this was at least educational..

new topics

top topics

join