It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videos from Iceland - Protesters push back Police - 48 hours of Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here are some amazing videos from last week in Iceland.
Protesters were out in full force for 48 hours straight, trying to oust their government.

It seems the government is now running scared and the protesters you will see in the second video pushed back the police. The police started leaving and the protesters followed them. You will also see, how the Police first started trying to put out the fire, but were stopped - then at the end of the video, the police are way away from the fire and just watching it..as the whole square is filled with people.

Day one Tues, Jan. 20th

Day two Weds. Jan. 21st

After fleeing the government building, Haarde went to a meeting of Independence party MPs at their headquarters. He later emerged to insist that he could hold the coalition together.

Protesters have been rallying outside the parliament since October, when the credit crunch ripped the heart out of Iceland's financial system.

The protesters have begun referring to their daily attempt to oust the government as a "fleece revolution", because of the sweaters worn.
The latest protest rally is thought to be the biggest since 1949, when Iceland joined Nato. On Tuesday night, the crowds lit a bonfire and once it ran out of fuel, the Christmas tree in the town square was torn down and used as firewood. Nearby benches were also thrown into the pyre.

Hmmm I wonder if scenes like these are why the Congress wants to go ahead and get those FEMA camps legalized and offically financed?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this is exactly what the NWO is looking for. I just hope the end result is not what they are looking for.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I am very encouraged by the unity of the Icelandic people, THIS is exactly what needs to happen here in the US, big, prolonged protests. Does anyone else here think those scenes would have played out differently in the states? I have faith in my people but I can already envision uncontrolled, uneeded violence and anarchy breaking out because we as citizens aren't all on the right page and would more than likely lack the group cohesiveness the people in the video had.

When you have that many people on the streets, not just protest groups but random people as well, violence is whats gonna happen, some people are going to want to **** stuff up.

Look back a few years to when the NBA's LA Lakers were in the finals, the fans in LA riotted burned stuff destroyed cars...all because they WON the championship.

Im all for marching on DC when the time comes but we need to be ready as a unified people we must not let them divide us anymore.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

It would never be Policed in the same way in the US. Because your Police forces have been trained to control and conquer rather than to protect and serve.

You only need to see their response to any minor unrest or even mild protest in recent years to see the evidence.

Their method is to control people, and then arrest them. Your policing is very similar to that which happens in places like China in response to protest. Rather than allow people to voice their opinions, force is used to disband it.
Don't you think that's quite shocking? The global leader has an attitude to civil protest similar to that of China!
I have no doubt someone will be along to refute that, but they clearly haven't seen the evidence.

If you had this happen in any American town or city, there would be pepper spray, rubber bullets, batons, huge numbers of officers, mass arrests... and it would only make the situation worse.

The government and local forces are doing this to themselves. If they allowed people to vent when they are not happy, in a controlled way, like Iceland, there wouldn't be this build up of anger, this feeling of not being heard. Limiting any dissent in this way is only building the steam until it has to blow. And when it does, I think they'll be in for a big surprise. That's when you'll see the first FEMA camp open for business.

Another thing to watch out for is the media blackout.
What was the saying "the revolution will not be televised"? And it won't. All your news broadcasters will be under strict control, not allowing you to know that there are protests going on in several major cities.
It could be happening right now and you'd be none the wiser.

Keep an eye on California and NY. I'm almost certain that within a couple of months you'll see similar scenes in one of these states if the government isn't able to perform a miracle with the rocketing unemployment. Only difference is that the Police in those instances will be rounding people up and beating them with sticks the moment they shout something "unpatriotic".

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You are correct and I am well aware of the behavior of US law enforcement, while I've personally never had any serious confrontations, I know several people that have experienced, among other offenses; been pulled over on suspicion, ordered out of the car while having a gun on them, completely innocent. Just recently a friend of mine 20 yrs old walked (to save gas) from my Apt down the street to the carryout at 10pm and on the way back was stopped, frisked and questioned all because there had been some robberies to businesses, he wasn't even the same race as the robbery suspects....

On a National level, all I need to look at to know we are being controlled by an oppressive regime is the ridiculous measures taken at the DNC and especially RNC the last few years to combat protesters. There will be violence I'm sure but do we need total anarchy and can we as people focus our anger?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You are spot on IMHO...

This is just a precursor of things coming to America...it will be one hot summer...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Does anyone else think Iceland is kind of the Guinea Pig for the bigger countries like the US, UK and Mainland Europe? Almost like an experiment. It's like it's a practice run, ruin the economy, crash the banks and observe the effect on a small scale.

I was shocked when it first happened that there was no mainstream TV coverage of events in Iceland. They are nice people and truly don't deserve the # they find themselves in.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Interesting thought...Look to Ireland next and then perhaps Great Britain...

If and when it happens in America, the public response will not be as "polite" as it will be in Europe

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I know! Most people here don't even know what hemisphere Iceland is on, which is REALLY sad. (Hint: It's a Nordic country.) And even here, on ATS, there's a lot of ignoring what is happening to the PEOPLE. Instead of news of what the People are going through, all we hear is this an that about one line Obama said last weekend. This is one person (albeit, one person who is pretty much in control of the entire US), and one tiny thing he did. Methinks that places like Iceland need awareness far more than Obama does. He has enough as it is.
And does anyone remember when the Baltics became independent, in the 1990s? They had suffered years and years of torment, and the rest of the world hardly cared at all. Maybe we need to rethink our priorities a bit.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Does anyone else think Iceland is kind of the Guinea Pig for the bigger countries like the US, UK and Mainland Europe? Almost like an experiment. It's like it's a practice run, ruin the economy, crash the banks and observe the effect on a small scale.

I was almost about to say exactly the same thing after watching that video then I read your post.

Yes, Iceland is the guinea pig. They have been raped by the Bank of England and they now want to see how they react to financial collapse.

Their in for a surprise though if they think western nations will react so calmly..

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
You guys dont have the full picture from those videos. The people of Iceland have been demanding a change in the government and the central bank since November but nothing happened. There have been protests every single Saturday where up to 2% of the nation showed up despite extreme cold and wind.

Last Tuesday was when the parliament assembled again after its Christmas leave, yeah, they took the normal MONTH leave despite the crisis that is going on. Those corrupt politicians that have governed the country for 16 years were the ones that made the regulations for the banks and allowed them to expand way too much despite lots of warnings from economic professors and foreign banking institutions.

The people just had enough and it was decided to camp the parliament and whatever place the government would be at. If you hear some chanting in the videos it would translate into "incompetent government".
Protesters threw eggs and paintbombs at the parliament and the police. The police tried to tackle the situation by arresting 11 "known" protesters but that resulted in them being surrounded by thousands of angry people, the police of course panicked and mazed the crowd and clubbed their way through. Among the arrested and injured were under aged children and a 70 year old man that were peaceful protesters. This fact led to the riot next day where the police was forced to use tear gas for the first time since 1949 when we joined NATO.

If this was in the US, guns would be involved heavily, the fact that we have very strict regulations regarding guns, (even the police doesnt have guns) allows us to "peacefully" protest. In the US the police would start shooting and people would shoot back...it could easily escalate into civil war.

Edit to add:

I totally forgot to mention that the protests worked and the government resigned last weekend. There will be a left wing government coalition of 3 parties until the elections in May.

This is Democracy!

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Waldy]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Very interesting Waldy. Nice to have the picture from an eye-witness observer.

Many people are saying that the whole crisis is playing into the hands of the bankers, and they are happy to watch your government fall, because they still retain power in your country. This is a common view among the anti-NWO crowd. I'm not sure what I think. Your comments are welcome.

Can I ask, do you know anything about the politicians in the new government.?What makes you think that they'll be able to turn the situation around or do a better job? Is it possible that Iceland suffers from the same fake left/right paradigm as other countries?

Periodically in the UK, US, and most other places there is a change of gov at a general election, 2-3 weeks of euphoria, then then same agenda continues. Is Iceland an exception?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Well, we already are so deep in sh*t because of the former government actions and the terrorist legislation used by Britain on Icelandic assets that there is nothing anybody can do. We are basically Fu**ed!

It was a matter of principle to make the people that put us into the mess take on some political responsibility. Of course they could have kept some of their dignity by simply resigning, but their greed for power kept them silent in their seats.
Some say they were not really cleaning up the mess but instead trying to erase the evidence of the huge corruption. There are millions of dollars of spooky money transfers to Cayman islands and other tax paradises.

Of course there are some that profit from this in the long run but at the moment it is a loss for everyone except the IMF. Connect the dots from there and soon the property/business value of Iceland will be close to zero and the NWO can buy it all for coins.

What we do know about the people taking over the government now is that they would never have led us into this situation in the first place. They warned about this since 2006.

Oh and I have to mention......Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir is our new prime minister, our first female PM and the first gay PM in the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thanks for your comments Waldy. I probably agree with you. However I still don't think all is going to the NWO's plan. I think elements of this are out of control. Also, it's good that the other guys were against the ex-administration's economics. Good luck, I hope you get through it...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just have to add this video news item:

The Colbert Report - It could be worse, Iceland.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Colbert is always hilarious. Great how he sneaked that Fulford info out a couple of years back.

How are things there now? Returning to normal? Is there plenty of food on the shelves? Accounts still frozen? How many people actually lost their jobs?

The rest of the world tends to forget countries once they drop from the headlines, but if you can keep us informed every so often it'd be interesting.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by HiAliens]

[edit on 4-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Money Geyser

Max Keiser provided the blueprint for Iceland' inevitable demise back in August 2007. The carry trade. How does this unwinding relate to the European real estate bust? Check it out.

I posted this vid a year or so ago but couldn't find the thread.

*Waldy, my sympathies. Your banking sector looked to the carry trade as a means of expanding your economy beyond it's limited domestic capitol base. House of cards...hot money in...hot money out. Fry the bankers.

PS: Tell me that isn't you wearing the silly costume.

Part 1 > 12:15min

Part 2 > 10:54min

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here's wikipedia on carry trading. Seems like the easiest job in the world til the markets go against you. This could well be the cause of Icelands problems. I'd like to hear other theories.

en.wikipedia.org...

The big picture seems like there's tons of these fake money/derivative/ponzi scams going on all round the world. I'm not sure if carry trading is a derivative, but it's all part of the moneyed elite shuffling digits around computers.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Kudos to the brave folks of Iceland!!

Too bad we can't do that sort of thing here in the "land of the free": vocal public dissent is not tolerated by most police, and certainly not by bigwig politicos. If we tried that here, the cops would order immediate dispersal, followed by violent arrests.

I'm concerned about the deployment of DE weapons with the 3rd BCT of the 1st Infantry, their official role is to "aid" civilian authorities in maintaining order in the event of civic unrest. Those weapons are game-changers: they emit microwaves powerful enough to fry you at half a klick, plus they have sonic weapons and battlefield lasers and armed remote control robots.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by apacheman]

new topics

top topics

join