It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness of the Soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi All

Recently i had an experience while meditating that i found so profoundly enlightening and uplifting that i still cant even express it now. Long story short, i ended up experiencing a sensation of lifting out of my chair and into the air, and vibrating at a very high frequency for a good few minutes. I have read about this kind of thing, but having tried meditation before and having nothing happen to me like this it was quite amazing to say the least.

During this experience i had somewhat of an epiphany- that the true way to happiness isn't through the various avenues most people prescribe to, but it is much deeper than that.

The thought that i had was that our bodies being merely the vessels to our souls can only have so much influence on our happiness- but if we can find a way to satisfy and delight our soul, the door to true happiness is opened for us to feel and love and laugh and most importantly to live like never before.

So the question that is posed is then; What can i do to make my soul happy? I think there are a couple of things that you can do, and they are fairly easy.

Listen to music - the vibrations from the harmonies that we listen to permeate our being and can be uplifting like nothing else in life. (im not talking about the commercial music of today though, more like Jimi Hendrix, Led Zep and those kind of bands - REAL MUSIC WITH MEANING AND WELL... SOUL!)

Meditate- With the frantic goings on of everyday life people forget to take time to calm the mind and just breathe for a minute or two. Sometimes all it takes to realign your chakras is to let your mind cease thought and relax. Inner peace can only be attained when all of your bodies energies are an perfect balance.

Laugh - need i say more? Think back to when you were younger and the times when you rolled around on the floor in hysterics for some silly reason or another, and then how great you felt afterward. What happened to us in our life as we aged that prevented us from being able to laugh like this? LOL'ing really does have a place in our life after all

Now being a generally happy person, it is probably easy for me to say all of this, but it struck me as such a strong revelation (for lack of a better word) that i thought i should put it up for you guys to give your thoughts on. I would love to hear your opinions

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
thanks for these brilliant advices.
Hope that it´s gonna work on me

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The.Gunslinger

Like the topic...

Laughter, Meditation and Music are all excellent ways to both decompress and recharge...

I would also recommend to occasionally partake in drinking alcohol and smoking a little of the dank...no need to gert drunk - just maintain a nice buzz for few hours...

The benefits are profound when done in moderation...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here here!

A positive thread is exactly what we need at times!

While I haven't meditated; I do have my own ways of relaxing, the dank plays a part in it of course..not much for drinking anymore.

Music, Music, Music! gotta love it!

S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

Music and the dank combined is always a winning combo...

here, here

Hear, Hear!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The.Gunslinger
The thought that i had was that our bodies being merely the vessels to our souls can only have so much influence on our happiness- but if we can find a way to satisfy and delight our soul, the door to true happiness is opened for us to feel and love and laugh and most importantly to live like never before.

Yes, the idea of living in the world but not of the world. Happiness with things is not the same as happiness of the soul, happiness from the treasures of our heart. The "kingdom of God" is not of this world, not "outside" but rather "inside".

Creativity, sexuality, and spirituality all draw from the same well.
Some saints were described as being in states of ecstasy at times.

Laughter. This brings to my mind the "Laughing Buddha".

Your thread made me smile
Thank you. Namaste!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

loool. yeah i absolutely agree on the drinking part mate.

You just need to pay attention that the drinking part doesnt take the overhand in your life, otherwise it would become rather dangerous

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think that the soul is born very happy and satisfied, but as we grow up our minds and our delusions dissociate ourselvs from our true self. We sort of become hardened and emotionally numb. I think one of the most important keys to happiness is to reawaken your inner child and to realize that having compassion is actually an advantage.

Even crying to me is pretty beautiful. Ive cried over beauty before. Man... humans are just BS without compassion. Its very spiritual and very much related to the soul. I cant really think of a more beautiful thing than two humans connecting on such a level as to feel one another inside of them... spiritually speaking... I guess its sort of like non physical sex if you want to look at it like that. Its quite litterally love making... uncondition love for all life from all life is another thing entirely, but things such as that are not easily achievable and Ive never had the experience... sober. So Im not even sure if its completely possible.

Hey, this all a dream. This entire universe is an illusion. Are you going to spend all your time simply surviving it intill you die which defeats the purpose of you even trying to survive it in the first place or are you going to spend your time connecting to it. Because it is really you.

Too bad people are such BSers... there is potentail for a whole lot of love making though it still does happen on occasion. I had a deep connection with my dog not too long ago. It was beautiful. It made me and the little guy happy. I love that sort of crap. Its like we are connected in some sort of non physical way and are sharing the same experience of each other simultaneously. (spelling?)
whatever. Not sexual... just making sure people understand that.

So I guess happiness can form through the deep connection you share with other souls which spawns love that is shared between each... I wish I knew how to exactly do that. It seems to occur at random. Maybe it only takes two souls that are willing...
Imagine... so much potential that is lost.
makes me sad.

Edit: thinking too much makes people depressed.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
S&F for outstanding perspective! There are so many things that make the soul happy, and without that... hard to be happy, isn't it?

How about just plain love? I don't mean the kind that asks for something back, I mean just basking in the happiness of loving someone else?

Of course, good glass of white does help a bit...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This insightful thread will be deleted if you keep talking about 'the dank'.
But I do feel the need to disagree with you on that part, I find that doing that clouds the mind and makes meditation difficult, IMO.

On another note, very useful advice that can be applied easily. Great thead.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The.Gunslinger

Listen to music - the vibrations from the harmonies that we listen to permeate our being and can be uplifting like nothing else in life. (im not talking about the commercial music of today though, more like Jimi Hendrix, Led Zep and those kind of bands - REAL MUSIC WITH MEANING AND WELL... SOUL!)

Meditate- With the frantic goings on of everyday life people forget to take time to calm the mind and just breathe for a minute or two. Sometimes all it takes to realign your chakras is to let your mind cease thought and relax. Inner peace can only be attained when all of your bodies energies are an perfect balance.

Laugh - need i say more? Think back to when you were younger and the times when you rolled around on the floor in hysterics for some silly reason or another, and then how great you felt afterward. What happened to us in our life as we aged that prevented us from being able to laugh like this? LOL'ing really does have a place in our life after all

Now being a generally happy person, it is probably easy for me to say all of this, but it struck me as such a strong revelation (for lack of a better word) that i thought i should put it up for you guys to give your thoughts on. I would love to hear your opinions

I would add something else... Love

Unconditionally, without expecting anything... if you truly do it, you'll stop searching for ways to be happy, since that's the only possible and definitive way.

We all seek for happiness in many things, the material, the sensory, the daily life distractions, company, among millions of other things... what we get through these is only satisfaccion (short term happiness), not true happiness.

Once we're truly happy and loving, we'll enjoy all of those things but when they're gone we won't have that needy desire to keep searching and searching... because we've had found what our souls always longed for.

Of course, very easy to say. I just hope everybody will eventually get to that permanent state. Suddenly (as a sudden awakening) or progressively (through continous meditation, progressive awakenings...) what we'll all reach is the same.

Even that desperate need for the material satisfactions is part of that growth. The soul must experience first, discern between that which is true and that which is not, to rise to a new level.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

Jesus that was great,
absolutely agree on everything you said.

See ya ...

top topics

join