It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Kucinich States His Intention To Put The Federal Reserve Under Government Control

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Oh Dennis!!

He is just trying to keep himself in the limelight. Classic David and Goliath tale.

This is old news. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take it from one who lives in his district. He only cares about the spotlight.

He does nothing for his district and yet gets reelected because of stories like these. He is a union slut and the union workers are losing jobs left and right around here. They will soon see him for what he is.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Replace small time crooks with the biggest crooks known to mankind? No thanks.

How about you abolish the dinosaur that is the Fed instead?

Then who would control the money? What kinds of banking system would we have? Who controls the supply? You know...that small stuff?

You, the people.

Thats what money was originally- a unit of work/time that had a corresponding value to every commodity or service.

Why must money be created by anyone? Let the amount of money remain static; and the only wealth creation would be through primary industry creation (eg mining new minerals) or through asset appreciation (aka material inflation).

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Do any of you really realize how bad of an idea this really is? It would be worse than our current system. The Federal Reserve was deliberately set up to insulate itself from political change, and handing it over to the Treasury would just be another consolidation of power.

I admire Kucinich more than other Democrats, but this is just asinine.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpencerJ
The Federal Reserve was deliberately set up to insulate itself from political change,

Yeah, by being set up to be partly-owned by private entities.
Politicking is not exclusive to politicians, ya know?

Sure, the Federal Reserve was deliberately set up to be insulated from political influence. Just like the FDA was set up to look after the well-being of the American people.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am starting to believe that Dennis Kucinich is only in place to give the people the illusion that SOMEONE in the government is actually looking out for our best interest. He has had some great ideas but he seems to be completely ineffective.

How many times did he try to impeach Bush? How did that work out?

Now he wants to take care of the fed..... anyone want to bet how this will turn out?

He says the right things but seems to accomplish nothing.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I'd like you to take a look at this link: Debunking the Federal Reserve Conspiracy Theories

I'll be waiting to see you fire back with some other "NWO/TPB" sky-is-falling BS. Until then...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpencerJ

How nice of you to post a debunking of the Federal Reserve conspiracy from a makeshift page that longer exists.

Don't worry, though. I'm posting from Wikipedia.

Created in 1913 by the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, it is a quasi-public (government entity with private components) banking system

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

First off...

See how annoying that is?
Second, if you need a more reputable link: www.publiceye.org...

If that doesn't do it for you, go and get one sometime yourself. Here, I'll make it even easier: Let Me Google That For You

By the way, trumpeting out the fact that the Federal Reserve has private components (a fact I know, btw) does not demonstrate you understand the workings of it more than the sensationalist posts here that latch onto such fears of "privatization" "elite bankers" and the "NWO".

I, on the other hand, can provide you with explanations on how a government-owned bank (a true central bank, unlike the Fed) would be worse. Care to start?

[edit on 3-2-2009 by SpencerJ]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I, on the other hand, can provide you with explanations on how a government-owned bank (a true central bank, unlike the Fed) would be worse. Care to start?

No. Because obviously you believe that people in power only have your best interest at heart. Good for you.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I can see I'm trying to reason with someone that is so intelligent that they use ad hominems and logical fallacies to make their arguments. Well, it was good talking to you, troll.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh, and just for the record, I'm not the one that wants to give complete financial control over to our government, who "clearly" has our best interests at heart. Hypocrite...much?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

reply to post by eldard

I can see I'm trying to reason with someone that is so intelligent that they use ad hominems and logical fallacies to make their arguments. Well, it was good talking to you, troll.

Coming from someone who brought up "NWO/TPB/Sky is falling BS" when all I did was point out that the Fed was private controlled? Hypocrite much? Non-sequitur, much? Nice talking to you, wa**er. Go pat yourself on the back.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by eldard]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Oh, and just for the record, I'm not the one that wants to give complete financial control over to our government, who "clearly" has our best interests at heart. Hypocrite...much?

Private controlled, government controlled, does it matter? Your country is doomed, either way. And that's a good thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Whether or not you mentioned it, it's still a false myth that you perpetuated until I called you on it. And if you don't care much for American affairs, please stay out of topics that deal exclusively with them. Now be some good troll bait and go start a war on religion being fascism or something of the like.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpencerJ

Yeah, the reality that it's already hard to bring down open crooks (government) as it is, what more crooks in the shadows (private)? That reality which you fail to see? lol at you for believing that the structure of the Fed will insulate it from political "change" (you mean influence?) Even President Coolidge had connections to Manhattan's inner circle prior to the Great Depression.

That has always been my point, my dear spencer. I never question the legitimacy of the Fed. Or if it's being audited or not (like it matters.) Of course it's legal. Criminals write the law, you know? Now if these private owners are the altruistic Mother Theresa types or Reptilian Zionist J--- with less than appealing smell appertures bent on enslaving the world is open to speculation.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Do any of you really realize how bad of an idea this really is? It would be worse than our current system. The Federal Reserve was deliberately set up to insulate itself from political change, and handing it over to the Treasury would just be another consolidation of power.

I admire Kucinich more than other Democrats, but this is just asinine.

The government we can hold accountable. The FED we cannot this is the difference. We are giving the power of our currency and hence our economy hence our standard of living to a select few un elected international bankers. You cant oust FED heads unlike you can government officials. There is no loyalty to America from these guys its all about keeping the system going and they will screw whoever they have to to keep the system going. I recommend you go to youtube and watch "Banking with Hitler" to really get a scope of how these thugs work. If for no other reason to abolish the FED then do it because the constitution calls for it?

[edit on 3-2-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by eldard

First off...

See how annoying that is?
Second, if you need a more reputable link: www.publiceye.org...

If that doesn't do it for you, go and get one sometime yourself. Here, I'll make it even easier: Let Me Google That For You

By the way, trumpeting out the fact that the Federal Reserve has private components (a fact I know, btw) does not demonstrate you understand the workings of it more than the sensationalist posts here that latch onto such fears of "privatization" "elite bankers" and the "NWO".

Please start. I want to hear why our money supply isnt controlled by the people we elect. Keep in mind we arent nationalizing the banks we are nationalizing the control of our money. There is a difference. Our system of inserting credit into the system is flawed big time for it keeps us into a perpetual debt that we can never ever ever ever repay. Not to smart is it? So you tell me why our system is great and Ill rebut....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Funny how I was the one that "brought" NWO elite crap into it, and then it was just bs. But now all the sudden, you've shown your true colors. I don't think you know just what a non-sequitur is. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't be making any.

The fact that what I say is taken to mean what I believe, and including the fact that you refuse to acknowledge that I'm a realist proves my point. You have no idea, no clue whatsoever of who the true "shadowy overlords" are, or what they're doing.

There was once a time when reason was a well-regarded virtue, but I can see that I'm 300 years late, and people would rather blame it on some group of people rather than their own failures or ignorance (read: anti-intellectualism) to succeed.

BTW, just for future reference, what we have now is not capitalism. Capiche?

You're probably the kind of person who returns something to a store for failure to understand how it works, rather than what it actually is.

You're dismissed now, my dear eld/retard.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join