It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough! Dutch schools giving "Happyness-classes"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Not so sure where to put this but feel free to move it mods..

Today i was watching the news and there was an item about our schools.

They have started to give classes about positive thinking, attracting happyness and karma.

Finally schools are starting to teach our children some important stuff. I mean, positive thinking, law of attraction and stuff, we are finally starting to get what life's all about, and how we can start something that can lead up to ultimate world peace.

The school that started all this has put the class books on internet for free and already 15.000 schools have downloaded it so they can give these classes also.

Whats next? meditation class? OoBE classes?

I think this is a breaktrough and am very very pleased about this change.

I will try to find some articles about it but am not sure i can find some translated to english, ill do my best.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
good for them.

i've always been of the opinion that the education system, in general, doesn't focus enough on mental and emotional wellbeing. following that, relationships, positive communication skills and conflict resolution should also be higher in the education curriculum in my opinion.

why? it's no use being a genius if you have the disposition of a toe-rag.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There you have it, yet another thing that the Dutch are doing right. Children here in the US do not understand simple things like treating their elders with respect, and esentially the old addage 'do unto others' which relates heavily to good karma. My parents raised me to be a very civil and understanding person, who accepts others and their views. But there are many here in the states who do not share my values. For the past few years I have been making an annual vacation to the Netherlands, and even though there is a large cultural divide between NL and US, you all seem very accepting of others and it is such a great country to visit.

I do agree that this is a great step toward properly educating the youth of today, and it seems poinient that it is beginning in the Netherlands. The Dutch sure seem to have this freedom thing down, and I would do anything to contribute my Professional IT knowledge to your country, but alas I dont see becoming an expat anytime soon as fiscally responsible. One day I hope to be part of such a culture where Karma, Happyness and True Freedoms are valued by all, in other words I really hope to move to the Netherlands soon.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Great initiative.

Shutting down hate preaching Islam schools in Holland would help as well. Of all schools they score the absolute lowest compared to our other schools, yet they are allowed to remain open. Weird...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortje
Great initiative.

Shutting down hate preaching Islam schools in Holland would help as well. Of all schools they score the absolute lowest compared to our other schools, yet they are allowed to remain open. Weird...

Well, we did close such schools, but thats not really ontopic aint it

new topics

top topics

join