It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama - a little help required to unravel a mystery.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi, I started a thread here a couple of days ago and received little response. That's either because it got burried quickly or it generally is just a boring concept with no hidden meaning.

However, the more I have tried to look into President Obama's wedding ring the more intrigued I am. The original points raised by others where older images of a young Obama wearing what appeared to be a wedding ring, obviously before he was married. Whilst I cannot prove it, it appears like a very 'stand-out' type ring like he currently wears as his wedding band - in theory the same ring.

Whilst I do not think he was previously married, I wonder at the symbolism on the ring and if it actually has any meaning (going all the way back to when he was younger). As mentioned in the previous post the ring often carries much symbolism, so him wearing what appears to be a very ornate ring intrigues me.

All the images in the previous thread, along with the new ones below I still get no-where with identification and it is my hope people on here may recognise or have better images.

Apologies for posting a new thread and I will soon find out if this is a silly dead-end should no-one reply:

- link to BIG image
- Link to alternate angle

As mentioned please look at the images in the previous thread as it shows other views.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It is always a bummer when you start a thread and no one seems to care. So I will add that perhaps he had a g.f. at the time that he wore a ring for, that is not uncommon. Also, it could have been a deceased relative, i.e grandfather's, ring and he wore it for sentimental reasons or to honor them.

Good luck in your pursuit!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would say it looks more like an oracle or rune ring. Of course its difficult to say as rings can be custom made. It certainly is ornate and african jewellery is ornate in style. Maybe his fathers?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
very keen!!! I would say it must be significant if he has been seen with it since childhood. Michelle sure doesn't look like she would be the type to allow him to wear just any ring as his wedding ring, could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can't find the photo right now, but I have seen a zoom in on that ring and it is Ourobouros, the snake eating it's own tail... an 'esoteric' image for sure, and strangely prescient of the current state of "America".

As for the pre-wedding ring. the previous poster is correct, it was most likely worn to keep a girlfriend "happy". The reports of Obama's dating life are overwhelming.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great, thanks guys for the replies - that's an interesting one on the Ourobouros ring. I will have a little dig into this and see what I can find.

Once again, thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Dont forget to let us know your findings...I will do some delving myself and see what comes up.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

I too am trying to find the answer to his ring...because clearly he was wearing it during his college years ~ those photos from his days at Occidental show him wearing that same ring. And, yes, it is quite unique & ornate. My guess is that it was perhaps given to him by a family member...and he's worn it ever since.
It'd be nice to get the story behind this...because clearly it's a keepsake he doesn't even remove for pickup basketball games!

new topics

top topics

join