It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska - Mt Redoubt Volcano could erupt within days

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpadeofAces

Woo hoo it is about time... I can't wait to see the web cam images at night!!!

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Here's a webcam taking pictures of Mount Redoubt about every 10 minutes (more as the event gets nearer), and plays them in a loop.

www.atmos.colostate.edu...

It even takes night time pictures, that's why some of them are black. But it's an interesting loop and is bound to get a lot more interesting too.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Update:

Current estimate for eruption cloud height are 50,000 ft above sea level.

Look at the temperature 38 miles away!!!!!!!

Link to webcam

It is 70 Degrees!! 38 miles away....wow You can even see the eruption on the above link.....

I wish Shirakawa was on here to see this!!!! Wow, just wow

-Kdial1

[edit on 23-3-2009 by kdial1]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Right on WATCHERS! My head is swimming right now!

I was in the bathtub when I got this 'feeling' about Alaska; and when I got out, my spouse mentioned something about Alaska too! Since my spouse isn't interested in anything - I was a bit surprised. So, I took the constant watch approach and it just went off like a HUGE ZIT!

I best run call my Anchorage relatives. Will be back shortly.

Pheeeeeeeeeew! After watching this daily for months; I am RELIEVED!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
illsay its about time ,this is good , too bad i cant see crap on the cam , maybe later

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
All we have gotten here so far is a quick news flash and told we would get more info as it is available. I'm in Anchorage by the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Let's also watch changes at Yellowstone in the coming days/weeks... It'll either be VERY quiet, or maybe more active.. YS is linked with Alaskan faults.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
All we have gotten here so far is a quick news flash and told we would get more info as it is available. I'm in Anchorage by the way.

oh crap i hope all is well with you and family i know yor not far from her ,

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The ash cloud should get to Anchorage at 2AM your time.

Blaine, are you collecting ash for AVO's reports?

www.ktuu.com...

The eruption began at approximately 10:38 p.m., AVO said. An eruption cloud is estimated to be at 50,000 feet above sea level at present.

The National Weather Service has issued an ash fall advisory for the cities of Talkeetna, Willow and Cantwell, effective until 4 a.m. Monday.

Alaska Airlines has turned back four flights bound for Anchorage to their cities of origin. ...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

70.5+...???
Did they get a pyroplastik (sp?) cloud or what? For the temps to go up so high that far away it has to be hundreds of degree's + at the summit. It was 5 degrees this morning once the sun came up!
If the temps have come up that high since it happened it is either spewing lava and/or slightly molten rock or the "ash" cloud is way hot.There definitely isn't going to be any snow in the area in the morning.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just checking in and thought I'd check the AVO site for Redoubt and eruption is underway...
Finally!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by violet]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Awesome, Ive been watching silently. I cant wait for photos!
Second line of Ashiness

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
latest update;

2009-03-23 00:30:12

As of 12:27AM March 23, 2009, AVO has recorded three large explosions at Redoubt volcano at the following times:
March 22 10:38PM
March 22 11:02PM
March 23 00:14AM

The National Weather Service has issued an Ashfall Advisory. Link:

NWS

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Sorry, had to run an errand. Covered my computers at the office in case.

Right now it sounds like the bulk of the ash will go to the Talkeetna area. We have an advisory but the local newspaper site says its not expected in Anchorage.

Link to the Anchorage Daily News

We had three eruptions.

Long threatening Mount Redoubt erupted three times tonight sending an ash cloud an estimated 50,000 feet into the air, the Alaska Volcano Observatory reported. The first eruption came at 10:38 p.m. Sunday followed by another at 11:02 p.m., and a third at 12:14 a.m. today....

...Ash is not expected in Anchorage or Wasilla at this time, the Weather Service said.

An ash cloud is headed up the Susitna Valley west of Willow and is expected to arrive in the Talkeetna area around 3 a.m., said Dave Stricklan at the Weather Service's Anchorage office.

“It looks like (Anchorage) might dodge the bullet,” Alaska Volcano Observatory geophysicist Peter Cervelli said.

[edit on 3/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Anchorage has nearly three hundred thousand people and a University. I suspect their will be way to many people collecting as it is. I'm just watching to see if I should open the office in the morning or not.

Home Depot opened a store early for people but not much traffic outside. Most people were ready I think. I saw a handful of people at a grocery store and a couple had water.

Our only real worry is if the natural gas gets shut off from a location near Redoubt. If that happens we loose power.

As of this moment they have left the airport open so I think they are getting confident where the ash is going.

[edit on 3/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You can see the explosions really good on the RDN webicorder, RSO keeps going solid then back to pumping.
Stay safe blaine!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks. I don't think we are in any real danger. If this is what they expected we might get a tenth of an inch at most. The main worry is that natural gas terminal near Redoubt. It is important to us.

Looking at the webicorders it just went off again.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well they finally put up the fourth one and capitalized it even....It would seem that there is a massive amount of pressure coming up . I have been watching the webi's all day and when it goes nice and even for a little bit it jumps up and starts pumping. It would seem from the webi's that something is trying to punch through now. Just wondering how long it is going to take them to say it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I don't really know what I'm looking at but it looks like this last one is the largest so far.

As of 2:00AM March 23, 2009, AVO has recorded FOUR large explosions at Redoubt volcano at the following times:
March 22 10:38PM
March 22 11:02PM
March 23 12:14AM
March 23 01:39AM

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It is the largest so far. News conference at 3 AM in about 35 minutes.

Source

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Mount Redoubt is erupting again for the fourth time in less than four hours, and the Alaska Volcano Observatory says this is the largest of so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join