It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Disturbing Film

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
To me what makes a movie scary are multiple layers of disturbing content and perspectives. This is why I love Frank Darabont's adaptation of Stephen King’s ‘The Mist’. The truth is; I’ve never really found that Stephen King’s writing translates well to the big screen (other than The Shining but we know how much that story changed before it hit the theater). There are usually a large amount of characters in King’s stories which make them typically far too ‘busy’ to make a good transition to a 2 hour movie. ‘The Mist’ in my opinion is quite different. The fact that there are a lot of characters adds to the story as opposed to takes away from it.

The beauty of The Mist isn’t the scary monsters that come out of the mist and eat people; it’s the psychological degradation of the people who are going through the ordeal. That’s flippin scary!

The best exchange in the movie sums it all up:

Amanda Dunfrey: You don't have much faith in humanity, do you?
Dan Miller: None, whatsoever.
Amanda Dunfrey: I can't accept that. People are basically good; decent. My god, David, we're a civilized society.
David Drayton: Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the (expletive) out of them - no more rules.

Brilliant!!

By the way, the ending is one of the greatest movie endings ever! I kid you not, the BEST ending ever!!

By the way, The Shining was good too.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but here it is.

August Underground's Mordum.

It's the sickest piece of filth ever made. I'll apologize in advance for even bringing it to light if you've never heard of it.

Please, in all honesty, don't watch it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yep... i put those as the sickest...
they are all sick, there are three and i don't know why i watched any of 'em...but i did
people said they were bad but i thought how bad can they be?? boy was i wrong...

truly awful.

Originally posted by blupblup

Bloodiest- Guinea Pig movies/Braindead

Scariest- Prob the Exorcist, saw it too young man...

Goriest- August underground movies (just wrong) Or Ichi the Killer

Some much more disturbing films that that though.

Irreversible, Man bites dog,Visitor Q (one messed up movie), Gummo, Audition,
Ken park, Kids, Begotten,The Passion of the Christ(brutal),Hei tai yang (men behind the sun)....

that's enough.... i feel ill

[edit on 29/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You know I've posted in a few different threads here about those movies, and I think you are the first person who also made the mistake of watching them like I did.

I wish I never would have. I'll never get some of that stuff out of my head.

Ever.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I know man, nobody I've seen on here has or anywhere for that matter.
Watched 'em online because i was looking at a list of the scariest/sickest movies and thought I'd give some ago..

As you said, wish I'd have left well alone... Watched one, then started to watch another but just felt wrong.

the one i watched all of was Mordum too, as they said that was the worst..
I can't even begin to describe the scenes.... but YOU know man.

just sick and so disturbing.
especially near the end...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You know what? Just going to the website for ‘Toe Tag Productions’ or whatever was enough for me, I'm good.

I really want nothing to do with these films. I read a few comments on IMDB and I pretty much got the gist of what was happening. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

No problem.

You know it's funny with those movies, especially Mordum. The only way people ever hear about them is from someone who has seen them and mentioned it. They really aren't the type of movie that you just stumble on, you have to go looking for it. What's funny though is that everyone who spreads the word about it, tells people NOT to watch them.

I'm guessing the only reason people do watch them is to test themselves. It's a bad idea though.

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and not watch them myself.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
"The Cell" was definintely the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.
Wasn't the goriest, scariest, etc....just the most "disturbing" movie ever...really did a tap dance on your brain...and then squeezed it through a potato masher....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I really liked that movie too, and it was definitely messed up.
A very underrated movie indeed

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Well of course. As soon as I read your posts I went and looked it up.

But you gotta draw the line somewhere, and reading the comments about it..

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

At least you read the comments..

In 2004/5 can't remember which... i just found it on a list of scary/gory movies.. Had just watched PI...and some other film and thought... it can't be that bad.... i was sooo wrong... but once i started i couldn't stop watching it.. you know what it's like.

The production is crap, but that's what does it... it's like a perverted blair witch..
And looks and feels very, very real... Ugghhhh

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well I just watched a clip of August Underground's Mordum

Yeah...not for me...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

It's not for anybody my friend.

Some people hear stories from those who have seen it and simply don't believe any movie could be that bad.

Now you know....we're telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Night of the Living Dead III. Way disturbing and just over the top needlessly gory. It bothered me for quite a while especially the fact the zombies maintained their personality and awareness. I hated that movie. I won't even look at screen shots.

Watership down

I had completely forgotten about that movie- very odd for a children's story. I remember the part where the little rabbits are buried alive in their hole during a flashback scene. Seeing that as a little girl really upset me.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea, I agree! The Cell was a great film not only was it dark and disturbed but it was visually stunning. I loved the symbolism. I thought Vincent D’Onofrio was about as creepy as a villain gets.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Night of the Living Dead III.

Was that the one where the guy (now a zombie) says to his girlfriend..."If you really loved me, you'd let me eat your brain...." (and she does).....???

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's Return of the Living Dead, I think.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"The Exorcist" runner up "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" (Original) The original "Jaws" also had a profound effect on me.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No but that sounds really disturbing, too.
In part III, the boyfriend doesn't get bitten until the very end of the movie (like the last 5-10 minutes) so it couldn't have been that one. It's been probably 15 years since I've seen it but it disturbed me enough to remember. I just had to look it up though and I got the title wrong: It's RETURN of the living dead III, not Night. Sorry.

And whoever said 'Jaws' is right on. But it wasn't just disturbing- it was life impairing and I have a phobia about sharks to this day.

[edit on 1/30/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think anyone who saw Jaws at an early enough age...still hates the water.
If i go too deep, i get really worried, and I'm in the UK...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join