It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Seeks To Authorize & Legalize FEMA Camp Facilities

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Give the fellas a break, they have alot to figure out:

Two meals or one.

How many per room, per casket.

Should we use the ashe for fertilizer?

Perhaps plant a few trees to eliminate all that pesky CO2 buildup.

When and where to use the microwave on the masses.

Seems like a horror flick, though only those that unknowingly bought tickets never came home. 'The End' was true to course.

Or did the masses rediscover the term 'Security in numbers' and begin to huddle together in the dark while bearing witness to the bars on the windows they used to peer 'out' of.

We really have to Choose or Lose.
It may take a few more days for those to snap out of 'shock'.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I hope this bill doesn't get passed...

Oh well... I'll have fun seeing all of you in FEMA camps. No need to resist anyhow, right? Resistance would be futile anyways.

I just want to ask one question... how could people actually believe that one party is better than the other and not as evil? I mean how many people actually fell for the lesser of two evils BS? I mean, both parties become evil for the most part if they get too much power no matter... either we need to get rid of all of these jokers and elect independents or we need more balance in the government to keep the Democrats in check from implementing these kinds of ideas.

But, how could anyone actually believe that one party is better than the other? I mean, the only thing that matters is what administration is running things-- both parties have different ways of running the whitehouse... the parties themselves are equally as bad as each other.

I'm glad I learned that both parties were bad before it was too late.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the 'trailer' for:

The Project.

I'd rather wait till it comes on DVD. I'm sure there will be many versions to choose from though I'll only have to 'pay' for one.

The most accurate version may be found in the End.

Ah, can you smell the nature?

The crisp, clean air.

Though there tends to be lot more moguls around.

Is it a brave New world?

Eagle or Buzzard?

View to a Remote view.

To a K_ll.

Where are you now?
Neither here nor there?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

it is fine to call them, but email them as well. Then snail mail them.
I know it is stupid, but snail mail makes more of an impact than anything else.
I realize that sometimes, there is no time to send a letter, but when you can, then do so, and keep a copy for yourself. It will let you have a paper trail of your complaints so you know how to vote next time.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Wow, I am truly amazaed at how obtuse many people are regarding this. People screamed for heads after Hurricane Katrina because the "Welfare State" wanted the Federal Government to take care of their personal needs. Whahhh!!!! Well because the government it taking steps to not completely have their pants around their ankles when say Yellowstone blows it's top and kills everything within several hundred miles and causes problems nationwide. YOU ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED WITH KATRINA! YOU ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED WITH 911! Now imagine these scenarios nationwide 911 was going to be but over 20 highjakings were prevented that day, ever wonder how quickly we got all those "Detainees", a person is smart, PEOPLE are dumb panicky animals. It's hilarious to see the glaring contradiction here. This infrastucture has been there in varying degrees for a long time, many of you just didn't know it.

I'm a huge conspiracy theorist and advocate of free-thinking, but do work for the government and understand that #1: NO the govt is not a bunch of bad people. #2: The very first premise of serving ones country is a call to duty higher than lets say sitting behind you computer in your mom's basement talking about things you have ZERO personal experience with. (Reading something on a forum or seeing it on YouTube doesn't count). #3: People love juicy details and gossip, but where your attention goes, your energy flows, so you will draw yourself into a misarable cesspool if it's always negative. Please don't suffer fools...many of you on this forum are super bright. Imagine if you used that energy for positive change. How do you think the world got into the state of affairs it is in? It sure isn't because of positive thinking and attitudes.

Scenario: Yellowstone blows up in a super caldera explosion. 800 ton rocks are falling out of the sky 1000 miles away. Superfine razor-sharp dust sweeps through the land killing thousands of survivors. Panic is widespread and people are going nuts. What will you do?

People who aren't experienced or sure will look to the left and to the right to see what other people are doing. Kids do it all the time, adults are worse. This is why when someone steps up into the leadership role they galvanize towards the leaders intentions. But when the leader themself doesn't know what to do then the whole exercise is futile. The #1 cause of fear/anxiety is the lack of experience, this causes hesitation and can make the situation much worse. This can range from a life and death situation to a sexual encounter. It can turn out good and bad based on experience or control of your emotions. How do we get "Experienced" and Jimi Hendrix said it so eloquently?

The #1 thing to help people is education. Then they know what to do, knowledge is power. I'm a teacher so yes I'm a bit bias, but I have 14 years of operational experience in the military and am not a brainwashed robot. Ignorance is the biggest killer of progress, people scream about the housing market, boo hoo, oh it's the mortage companies fault for all this, what about the ignorance of the consumer, "First Time" homebuyers. Luckily we have seen the fruits of our democratic spirit and intent in the election of Obama. He will do great things for our nation. I worked for G.W. Bush and he was a great man as well. People are not inherently bad and have secret agendas, most times it is the circumstances that force secrecy so catostophic failures don't snowball into anarchy.

A pig knows little, therefore suffers little. How much does man suffer due to his knowledge? God Bless Us.

A Posse' Ad Esse'

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
so what is it ? if this is a bill to set up fema camps - then all previous claims of fema camps must be false - because you would not need a bill to crate something if its already there :p

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Does anyone have any knowledge of this place below?

View Google Earth coordinate:

39* 23'03.52"S
62*00'54.08"W

Wonder who's coming home for dinner?

In that case I'll have one Bluebeam and a side of $cientology.

BandSme please.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Those video show OLD military installations that were closed down during the massive closure of bases 25 years ago.

There is absolutely NOTHING in those videos that even hints that they are a prison type facility.

All military bases are surrounded by chain link fence with 3 rows of barbed wire at the top..ALL bases..including active ones.

It makes complete sense to transform these closed down bases into emergency housing facilities. These bases are basically little cities complete with housing, shopping and medical buildings. They are 80 percent ready, just need updating and renovation.

It makes more sense to renovate these old closed down bases to use for emergency housing facilities than to spend billions on building brand new facilites which then everyone would cry bloody murder..which doesnt make any sense right now of those crying bloody murder over FEMA wanting to use old closed down bases for emergency housing facilities to accomodate thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people dislocated becasue of a disaster.

Ok here is the deal.

For those who "think" these are prison camps for piling up rounded up American citizens...when the next natural disaster hits and your forced out of your home and have no where to go for you and your family, do NOT utilize these available facilites whatsoever!!! Stay away!! You dont need their help, their free warm housing and food and medical help. You dont need to stay anywhere that is far more comfortable than being a sardine packed into a football stadium, or curled up in the seats of your SUV parked along side the road somewhere freezing your butt off, you dont need fresh food and water and blankets and medical attention.

Ok? Remember, these are your prison camps..so dont use them when your home is a pile of junk from a hurricane or earthquake.

And definatley dont come back crying like a baby because government didnt do enough to help you!!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
[edit on 28-1-2009 by IlluminatiKarate]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

The FEMA camps have been debunked in at least two threads that I know of, because I live near one of the so called camps on the list and it's a retirement village, with a few businesses and the humane society shelter.
But what questioningall has posted is something else. This is an attempt to actually establish camps.
Now, I don't know about you, but right now, some FEMA camps might be appreciated by some of the average citizens, because, in case you have noticed, we are in the middle of the worst ice storm to hit the center of the country in twenty years. I am at work right now, and my hospital is on emergency power. It has been since I got to work at 7pm last night. As far as I know, the whole city is blacked out.
The trend for the last few years is to build homes that are all electric. Those folks aren't going to have heat, nor anyway to cook, nor anyway to bathe. A FEMA camp might save some lives, if they were ready.
I don't like the wording of the bill. It leaves too much power in the hands of whoever is in charge of homeland security. That much needs to be changed, and probably will be. These bills rarely get through committee (most of them die there) and if it does come up for a vote the wording will probably be vastly different.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I agree.

I just don't think DHS should have the power to use a military facility as they see fit.

AND there is no provision to explain to the taxpayer how the $180M was spent.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Ok this just doesn't make sense to me.

Let me get this straight. The government is creating concentration camps by enacting a bill (ie creating a new law).

Now to fill those "concentration camps" with innocent people, they would need to end all Constitutional laws.

Now if they are intent on ending all Constitutional laws, they have no need for any current laws that would allow them to create these camps.

Furthermore, why would the bring attention to these camps by trying to enact these very public laws? Why wouldn't they quietly do this behind the scenes so we had no idea as to what was going on?

It's like calling a criminal before raiding said criminals house, and telling that criminal that, "we'll be in the area soon".

None of this makes sense. I think there's a bit too much paranoia going on here.

Keep in mind that Obama is CLOSING contraversial prisons due to legal reasons so CONCENTRATION CAMPS fly in the face of what he's doing now. Again, simply doesn't make sense and is not consistent with current administration policy.

I think we all need to calm down and maybe, just maybe, realize that these FEMA facilities are exactly what they say they are and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
What if this was not for us but for them?

There are only so many allowed on each base. So they have a place to put people in high regard, to keep them safe from the Chaos on the streets when everything collapses. They and their families are safe while we battle it out.

Just a thought.

considering the barbed wire on top is facing in and not out. That means it is to keep people inside the compounds, not out.

So, it would not be places to put TPTB inside, no I am sure they have some very comfty places already situated for them, underground somewhere. They will have palaces, compared to our bunk beds.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I find this as an outrage and VERY questionable...look back at Katrina and FEMA's slow response...to top it all off. i saw documentarys about those who got trailers,,the wood was tainted with formaldyahyde!!! and god knows what other chemicals...made some natious, others got respiratory problems...
and FEMA, as in the hbo documentary, ended up splitting whole familys up...moms ended up in Utah and their kids all over Oklahoma, nebraska, you get the idea...
Now, heres the biggest concern/question...IF you entered one of thesse camps, can you jsut simply walk out? I am relating these camps, as a roach or ant raid trap..they can check in, but cant check out : [ If you catch my drift.. The scariest thing is, why would government want to keep everyone locked up under lock n key, when thyed be much safer running about into the mountains, underground, across the boarder or elsewhere?
Everything government does, iks bad for us, chemicals in our food n water, and what wonders theyve done stimulatiing the ecnonomy ; ) lol
I totlay dont trust this at all...ide rather take my chances running in crazy circles incase a catastrophe happened, than jsut sitting and waiting to die, behind barbed wire

I think of the song "Hotel California" - where you can check in but can never leave.

It is a good question.... lets say, the govt. says "hey here is a 'safe' place for you to come to"....once you get there and barbed wire is everywhere..can you just say...Thanks but no Thanks" also once inside, can you say "OK, I am ready to leave now, please open the door - so I can walk out".

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
so what is it ? if this is a bill to set up fema camps - then all previous claims of fema camps must be false - because you would not need a bill to crate something if its already there :p

sorry, you are wrong..... the point to the bill, is now for those FEMA camps to be "above ground" and legit, compared to an "under cover" type operation.

The govt. can now openly say "Hey, we got these wonderful places for you to go to, so we can keep you safe and give you free medical care and take care of all your needs in this time of emergency/crisis etc".

How could they say that... if these camps are not recognized nor publized has being real and operational? They couldn't say the same.... people would wonder why - the govt. never offically recognized the camps... so then they would be more afraid to go there.

This way... people's fears will be lessened, as the media and govt. will say.."Oh, look - we now have safe places for people during times of crisis."

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

That's my point. The DHS should have no part in this, and there needs to be a detailed public accounting of the money.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The drama on this board makes me laugh. I understand the concern for what the camps are all about, but i mean come on. 300 million people in this country, they cauldn't lock us all up even if they wanted too.

People who think there will be "martial law" in this country are nuts, just not logistical on any kind of level.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well I have put much thought into even responding and actually thought about it all night. I have been watching these things go on behind the scenes for years. Before even joining ATS. BUT something has come to my attention that may be of concern to your subject at hand.

Now.. it would seem that over seas there has been masses of biological and epidemic outbreaks. The likes of which would scare pretty much anyone to death here in the USA if it was to hit the MSM. Over the past month the list has gone from 5 to several dozens being reported now. Several of these are back dated as they where not reported at the time of the outbreak. If you go here you can see with your own eyes the state of affairs overseas as far as epidemics go....
hisz.rsoe.hu...???=eng&lang=eng

ALL of those bird and hazard signs are epidemics or bio hazards that have either taken lives or are in the process of being "contained". NOW look over at the North American Continent how many do you see so far? There should be 3 as the pelican scare was on there but has been removed as a non threat to humans.

So with all this information on these epidemics going on over seas and KNOWING that people travel here from all over the world on business or pleasure trips is it not logical to assume that sooner or later one or more of these epidemics is going to break out here? Regardless of our medical tech it could happen before they are able to detect it.

I have a friend who is just as smart if not smarter than me who works for the Gov. He studies the jet stream and air currents and what forms of pollen and pathogens they can carry and for what length; before they are no longer a threat to humans or detectable on their instruments. Now if a pollen mass from India can reach the USA West Coast less than 3 weeks after it is detected in India. What is to say that an epidemic of great size can not reach the states too , via a flock of birds, humans etc.?

I think that perhaps if they where going to be using these places to lock up conspiracy theorists and decenter s. They would have started a really long time ago many of these places have been ready for like over 3 years. They are staffed and ready to go and HAVE BEEN. So if they have been ready all this time why is there no people in them? On several of the videos of the sites I noticed that the buildings where set up to be "contained environments". This would further the thought that perhaps they are thinking ahead and getting ready just in case something breaks out here after being brought in from another country.

Just some thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hey guys don't worry, its actually good! So all those people who lost their job and their homes will finally have a place to go.

There they will find a bed, 3 meals a day and even employment in the labor camps. So that's what's Obama meant when he said he'd create millions on jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join