It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Seeks To Authorize & Legalize FEMA Camp Facilities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
We are all going to pay!!

Call up your reps, tell them to VOTE NO ACROSS THE BOARD!

ARe you kidding? Didn't millions and millions call them and tell them to vote NO on the bailout? Did that work?

I have spent hours before calling my reps and everyone in govt. about a bill etc. It never did any good.

Why do you think I have found my outlet here - for voicing what is going on and my opinion? Because - I hope that when enough people get fed up with what has been and obviously still is going on...... at some point we will all stand up and say ENOUGH - NO MORE!

But it has to be done as a cohesive group, not fractured - but at some point - as we sit back and just complain, it may be too late.

mod edit: to remove excess smilies from quoted post

[edit on 9-2-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Two words for you homeboy:

FEAR MONGERING

This stuff gets everybody's panties in a bundle. It would be poor planning on our government's part if we did not have ways to handle mass quantities of people in case of an emergency. There are other needs to handle mass amounts of people other than some crack-pot NWO plot. This stuff will not subside, whether it was Bush going to declare martial law before the election, or after the election and before Barrack took over, etc. If the world was that nefarious, and the so call PTB had the power that we love to give them, we would not be discussing all this crap on the internet. They would have put a stop to all this nonsense years ago. Also, if they wanted to take control they already would have. I'm sure many will argue that it they already have, etc. But I've been studying this conspiracy for a few years now, and I can't say that it doesn't exist, I am just very skeptical that it does.

People just need to stop buying into all these conspiracy theories and try for once to be positive. I could be under the spell of the worlds greatest charlatan (Obama), and have bought into the HOPE pipe dream, but I do think that may be all we have left. I'm tired of all the negativity, and the conspiracy loons tainting the rest of mainstream. If you spent half the time looking for ways to progress society within whatever constrains we currently have, versus trying to constantly find the "Boogeyman", perhaps the world wouldn't be in such a terrible spot.

I have been encouraged by the new regime, and their ability to give people hope. To tackle the problems head on, and to open up to the world for a discourse, including the Arab world. I think we are at a very pivotal time, and it will take everyone pushing in the same direction to get us out of the woods instead of fear mongering, and attempting to undermine the adminstration.

I can think of a couple very plausible explanation for FEMA camps, if they even exist to the extent that the SAINT BIRGITA doom and gloomers believe that it does, and one not need to look further than something I saw on CNN last night.

Mexico--they are on the verge of collapse, and the government may be attempting to find ways to handle an influx of refugees.

That is just one, but I could name numerous other situation where the American public would be thrilled to have a place to have shelter and eat in the case of an emergency. How about a terrorist attack, an earthquake, or an economic meltdown where there are people out in the streets with pitchforks, and guns.

Again, perhaps I am drinking too much of the kool aid, and you could tell me that there is going to be a false flag terrorist attack, or a HAARP weather catastrophe that is used by the NWO to take control and demolish the U.S. to institute martial law, and put chips in everyone, yadda yadda yadda.

Come on people.... let's use more common sense. Now go ahead and flame away, I fully expect it posting this on a conspiracy site. I do this cause I think there sometimes needs to be a voice of reason on here. People like to believe everything.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buttafuqua

Of course you are correct. It could be for good -
...and it is very important to think positive.

When life as we know it - starts shutting down to this degree -
it's equally important to keep our critical thinking caps on.
As we are ultimately in charge of the decisions we make at critical times.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
FEMA camps for unruly citizens and such ran by Homeland Security DHS Secretary Chertoff, as its head. (of state)

Michael B. Chertoff (born November 28, 1953) was the 2nd United States Secretary of Homeland Security, under George W. Bush, and co-author of the USA PATRIOT Act.

In September 1986 as Assistant U.S. Attorney, Chertoff together with U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Rudolph Giuliani were instrumental in its crackdown on organized crime.

In 1990, Chertoff was appointed by President George H. W. Bush as U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey.[3] Among his most important cases, in 1992 Chertoff put second-term Jersey City Mayor Gerald McCann in federal prison for over two years on charges of defrauding money from a savings and loan scam. Chertoff was asked to stay in his position when the Clinton administration took office in 1993, at the request of Democratic Senator Bill Bradley.[4] He was the only U.S. attorney not replaced.[4] Chertoff stayed with the U.S. Attorney's office until 1994, when he entered private practice, returning to Latham & Watkins as a partner.

Despite his friendly relationship with some Democrats, Chertoff took an active role in the Whitewater investigation against Bill and Hillary Clinton: he was special counsel for the Senate Whitewater Committee studying allegations against the Clintons. When Chertoff faced Senate confirmation in 2003 for a federal judgeship, Hillary Clinton, then a Senator from New York, cast the lone dissenting vote against Chertoff's confirmation. She explained that her vote was in protest of the way junior White House staffers were "very badly treated" by Chertoff's staff during the Whitewater investigation.[5]

Chertoff is the co-author, along with Viet Dinh, of the USA PATRIOT Act, signed into law October 26, 2001[citation needed]. As head of the Justice Department's criminal division, he advised the CIA on the use of torture[citation

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems like a smart guy!

Also

Viet D. Dinh (Vietnamese: Đinh Đồng Phụng Việt; born February 22, 1968) is a lawyer who served as an Assistant Attorney General of the United States from 2001 to 2003, under the presidency of George W. Bush. Born in Saigon,[1] in the former South Vietnam, he was the chief architect of the USA PATRIOT Act.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here we go again. The obvious falseflag. Obama will have all the overweight and underweight and middleweight children of America within the parameters of adult age training in military type logical situations.(brain washing)? I hope not!
Doing so in the name of American preparedness...On these bases probably.
Is this good or this bad, I can't say, but I do believe in numbers. Always keep the light on them!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thank you FEMA for getting off your behinds and making a future home for those that loose their homes in natural or man made emergencies.

I saw what you didn't do in New Orleans. I saw the dead, the injured and the people fighting to survive.

You used my tax money to put families up in very nice hotels and you bought mobile homes that were toxic to the people you put in them.

Surely you should have known to be prepared for disaster after many, many years of watching the citizens of Florida prepare and clean up after hurricanes. you have cost more that you were worth in the past.

FEMA do you have a job for me. I require no payment. I will be more than happy to help relocate the hungry, displaced. sick and disabled to a place where you can take care of them.

I would be even happier to help you relocate the thugs, thieves, rapist and severely mentally deranged to a place where they cannot hurt, kill or steal from those of us that have prepared and can and will take care of our own.

One request FEMA, do you think you might be able to arrange bus tours to the parts of cities where the police won't even go now? I've been there but it seems many folks have never seen blood and brains on the sidewalk all because someone wanted a pair of shoes or cigarettes out of a strangers pocket.

I am currently a Red Cross and FEMA volunteer. Check it out for yourself. You just may learn something.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

UH, hate to tell you, but it is not fearmongering, it is fact based. I inserted from the govt. site the actual bill and who sponsored it.

The fact there has been talk about camps, but the camps have been undercover...now they will be out in the opened and part of a Congress bill, is worrying.

Why do they feel the need to now bring them out in the opened...since they know people have talked and know about them already?

They now want it out..so people don't "fear" them?

There are many questions that are unanswered about these camps, they are well documented also.... so now....Congress has a bill that will make them "less scary" to people, because they will be offical.

These are facts - not conspiracies that the thread is based on....documentation is included.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buttafuqua

FEAR MONGERING

NOPE!

Sorry bro, this is not fear mongering at all. This is called being informed about what is going on. I don't sit around all day fearing "Fema Camps" & I don't ignore and blow off anything that has the words "Fema Camp" either. Its called "DISCERNMENT" and you will learn how to use it very well as time goes on.

The Fema Camps are a fact of life, I do not fear them because I have confidence that the controllers agenda will fail eventually. I have confidence that they will try but will not succeed. Get it!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Everyone needs to stop and look at this from a different angle. What if, now this is a big stretch, we integrate ALL of the shadow govt ideas - UFO's, camps, environmental calamity. What do we get?
Perhaps these camps are not meant as a designated zone for rounding up Americans.

Perhaps, and this might be even scarier, these designated camps are meant to safeguard only a few Americans.

Perhaps, something is coming that the American Public, and certainly not the majority of the government, even know about.

What if an 'event' is known to be either in the works, or imminent. These are the 'coup' steps discussed in a different thread posted today.

Seemingly unrelated events conspiring together - and the explanation is never cut and dry.

What makes far more sense than these camps being for the round-up of dissident Americans, is that these camps are a safe-haven for the have's of American society - those with money, those with power and those who simply have been deemed by some power to be important enough to keep alive.

Everyone else outside the camps, well, anarchy is coming. And it wont be what you expected.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My first question is I wonder if they have a special FEMA camp for us called "Camp ATS"?
Are these lawmakers watching ATS and naming this because of what we have called them? Do we have rights to sue our government over proprietary rights of what they call 'em? I mean heck, if my tax dollars are going to a bailout of Citi and they are turning around and buying a nice luxury jet, then I say screw the Stimulus package and just divide the money equally and make it a down payment for my bug out shelter and supplies. I will "stimulate" the economy by spending every dime of it at survival supply stores.

The end.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

FEAR MONGERING

...snip

Thanks for being a voice of reason.
Too many gloom and doomers here, IMO.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It does not look good i have seen the camps on youtube looks alarming.

NWO is in place an about to strike.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I agree the bill sounds like an obvious good idea. A place to go in case of emergency. After Katrina, it would be foolish not to have something in place.

Those FEMA camp videos are pretty scary. Barbed wire to keep people in, prison-like entrances, railroad tracks. Smells like concentration camps.

Still, are these two things related? Lets not turn something that could be quite useful into the complete opposite. That may be unhealthy cynicism.

Does anyone have anymore info to link these two (FEMA camps and HR 645) other than speculation?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

... They would have put a stop to all this nonsense years ago. Also, if they wanted to take control they already would have.

Some things take time, and there is a little thing called resistance that they may have needed to work on.

... I can think of a couple very plausible explanation for FEMA camps, if they even exist to the extent that the SAINT BIRGITA doom and gloomers believe that it does, and one not need to look further than something I saw on CNN last night.

Mexico--they are on the verge of collapse, and the government may be attempting to find ways to handle an influx of refugees. ...

Yup, a 2006 artic le in MarketWatch mentioned immigration control as one reason Halliburton subsidiary KBR got a $385 million contract to build detention centers. I'm not sure I buy that one. Just like the rationale for so many freedoms being taken away due to the "war on terror." Sure. They also included domestic problems of the like you mentioned, such as "development of a plan to react to a national emergency, such as a natural disaster, the company said."

Do you trust Halliburton?

And as if things like the Patriot Act don't get abused all the time. Maybe that's what we fear, to a large part - abuse of power. Nothing new. I wouldn't say the Democrats are immune to this. I have hopes for Obama too, but I think the two main parties are all for the globalist agenda anymore.

And actually, based on the dots I have connected, certain people are just waiting for a disaster to use as an exuse to "unite" us all under a common goal - by that I mean, a North American Union. Don't even get me started on all the NWO-peddling speeches around the world as of late.

I see your caution, and I am already cautious of jumping the gun on anything. However, most if not all of what other ATS'ers and I suspect about these camps is based on too much thoroughly-researched background evidence to dismiss and blindly go along with Obama, or anyone else, for that matter.

questioningall, thanks for posting this! I have been slacking off in my research, and this is a relevant gem.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by wintermarches]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What did you say? Baaah Baaaah

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
lol, its funny watching all the people who dont want to accept this, they sound like lunatics in denial, most of them probably voted Obama and think a good change is coming. They cant accept that they have voted YET AGAIN for their own enslavement, bloody hell are you ALL that thick??
ACCEPT IT, YOUVE BEEN DONE OVER............AGAIN.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Status: Referred to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and in addition to the Committee on Armed Services, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

Link.

I guess this means it is at the committee stage, well, until Pelosi says so.

How much "pork" will they have to paperclip onto this?

[edit: poorly link]

Addendum.

Link is not working as expected. Source can be found here:

"http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery"

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They also might want to go ahead and get them legitimate due to videos like these, that I just started a thread on..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iceland protest - trying to oust their govt. In the video, the people made the police leave.... completely pushed the police back - where they finally just stood watching the fire and protesters. It is quite amazing to see the police backing off.

Think our govt. then realizes these things could happen here, and they will need to get a handle on it fast?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Bill sponsors from Thomas.loc.gov :

H.R. 645. A bill to direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish national emergency centers on military installations; to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and in addition to the Committee on Armed Services, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

By Mr. HINCHEY (for himself, Ms. JACKSON-LEE of Texas, Mr. ACKERMAN, Mr. PAUL, Mr. FARR, Mr. DEFAZIO, Mr. VAN HOLLEN, Mr. FRANK of Massachusetts, Mr. KUCINICH, Mr. GRIJALVA, Mr. NADLER of New York, Ms. SCHAKOWSKY, Mr. FILNER, and Ms. KILROY):

---

I do not believe in the existence of FEMA 'camps'. The locations have been checked out time and time again by ATSers and they simply do not exist.

That being said, provision 4 of this bill really bothers me.

(b) Purpose of National Emergency Centers- The purpose of a national emergency center shall be to use existing infrastructure--

(1) to provide temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster;

(2) to provide centralized locations for the purposes of training and ensuring the coordination of Federal, State, and local first responders;

(3) to provide centralized locations to improve the coordination of preparedness, response, and recovery efforts of government, private, and not-for-profit entities and faith-based organizations; and

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join