It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House E-Mail System Crashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) -- So the new White House finally gets its e-mail up and running smoothly, and then what happens?

The entire system crashes Monday morning.

The last e-mail from the White House press office before the breakdown arrived just before 9 a.m. Monday, advising that President Barack Obama's event on energy independence in the East Room would be open to all media, instead of just the smaller group of reporters and photographers that typically follows the president.

"Our apologies if you've e-mailed any of us in the last two-and-a-half hours," he said. "Our e-mail system is not working so well. So our apologies on that, and we'll endeavor to get you information from earlier in the day, hopefully in a little bit more of a timely manner, if we can get the e-mail to work."

Gibbs' assistants ultimately got the information out the old-fashioned way: on paper.

more

This is certainly something you would not expect from an administration that prides itelf on its use of technology.

Yes, sure email systems goes down all the time and maybe this system is in its "break in" period but somebody should be more diligent in their efforts of IT administration.

Let's just hope this IS NOT a sign that someone is attempting to hack into the White House email system.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Honestly when I saw the title of the thread I thought it would have been because all the people who have been laid off since last week had emailed him. Kinda like what happened to that state's (Ohio I think) Unemployment system which almost crashed either yesterday or late last week.

I'm sure the email system is being well used now to decide how to pay the bill now that W stuck Obama with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

This is certainly something you would not expect from an administration that prides itelf on its use of technology.

is this an attempted slam? because if it is, you should know that they were forced to abandon their state-of-the-art equipment and such for the antiquated and segregated crap already in the white house. and i highly doubt bush lit any fires about updating it. and hmmm wasn't there a little incident during the bush years where things *gasp* flat out disappeared? hmmm...something to do with the attorney general and political firings i believe.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's sad that we are all on a sinking ship and all we can do is run to our cabins and email the captin asking him to make it stop!

We are going down, but it's ok our captin will figure things out!

This is not a Obama bash post, honestly if we had McCain we would still be in the same boat!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

OOooo, no need to get snippy snippy with me young man.
It's not a bash Obama thread, I'm just wondering what could have happened because there is a security concern here that should not be down played.

As I stated, maybe the system is in the "break in" phase, if it is then that's good, especially if it is starting to see more usage now than it did under Bush.

But come on, do you honestly think Bush sabotaged the system?
Why would he?

You know damn well if he were to have done such a thing, the tech-savy team of Obama would have caught it immediately, reported it to the MSM and we would all be hearing about it now.

One thing I remember about the White House computers when Bush became Prez was that they had to replace all the keyboards.

Because the Clinton administration decided to remove ALL the "W" keys from the keyboard on their way out.
ha ha

Hell even I thought that was funny, even though it can still technically be considered vandalism.

top topics

join