It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits Shoot at UFOs, Ex-official Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungStalin
no wonder we have not made contact yet. Our idea of saying hi is shooting down their ride. How does that work they visit us, we shoot them down and then go on to tell them how civilized we are?

[edit on by YoungStalin]

Tut Tut Tut How can you speak of Civil behaviour with a name like that!? Sorry Mods, I know it's slightly to the left of on topic.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If they wouldn't be so friggin mysterious about it, maybe they'd get a warmer welcome.

If you see somebody lurking outside your house, hiding in the shadows, and watching your every move... what do you do? Do you invite him in for a cup of tea? I understand that if they were hostile, we'd all be dead by now. That doesn't change the fact that they act suspicious.

On the other hand, if that guy you see outside your house is watching you from inside an Abram's tank, you don't go out there and start throwing rocks at it. Trying to shoot these things down is downright idiotic.

The sheer amount of energy that would be required for interstellar travel exceeds, by an exponential factor, the total amount of energy the human race has ever and could ever produce with current technology. We could throw every nuclear weapon ever made at a UFO and it still wouldn't release the amount of energy that a single one of their crafts is capable of.

This isn't like guys with spears fighting guys with guns. This is more like a lone ant trying to take on the entire human race.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Back in WWI on at least one occasion a UFO was seen hovering between the British and German trenches. Both sides fired artillery upon it. This had no effect, the UFO stayed there for a while before simply leaving without any form of retaliation. When it comes to UFOs you just have to admit they are better than our weapons and unless we talk to their pilots we are unlikely to ever understand their motives and purposes.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well this is pretty shocking.

Blows the whole idea that we've been chatting to aliens since Roswell out of the water, doesn't it?

I can't believe actually that we're trying to bring these things down. I thought the only nation who actually tried that stuff was Africa.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

Whilst I would really like to believe this is true, I've heard that we are "on the brink of disclosure" too many times now to build my hopes up again.

Well one thing is for sure, come the moment we have disclosure there is no going back to the age of innocense.

Wouldn't it be funny if the only thing that finally led to the disclosure is it turned out we here in the United States are in debt to alien worlds for borrowed money too!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

And the point of shooting at them would be? You really think we could even scratch the surface of them if they're real?

According to the article they haven't been able to scratch the surface of them. They claim there reasoning is to try to bring one down simply to end the controversy once and for all.

I have watched some very interesting videos on Youtube that are supposed to be from various space shuttle missions where it appears that space based satellites fire some kind of plasma weapons at UFO's trying to enter the earth's atmosphere and the only effect they seem to have is to send the UFO in the opposite direction and to give up the attempt.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

Back in WWI on at least one occasion a UFO was seen hovering between the British and German trenches. Both sides fired artillery upon it. This had no effect, the UFO stayed there for a while before simply leaving without any form of retaliation. When it comes to UFOs you just have to admit they are better than our weapons and unless we talk to their pilots we are unlikely to ever understand their motives and purposes.

It sure is interesting to say the least what their motives might be. It likely is fascinating to them to watch how violent we are towards one another and that might be part of their interest in visiting and watching.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Well this is pretty shocking.

Blows the whole idea that we've been chatting to aliens since Roswell out of the water, doesn't it?

I can't believe actually that we're trying to bring these things down. I thought the only nation who actually tried that stuff was Africa.

Not really shocking for unlike genius stupidity has no limits. Doesn't mean you Americans haven't been talking to them we may be following different policies. Or different aliens have different alliances.

Also Africa is a continent not a country.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

It's hard to say. Some of the New World Order theorists contend that the U.S. and Russia are actually competing for Alien support politically. Some others claim the Aliens are well entrenched and under control and the whole cover up and us fighting with one another is just a ruse to the Aliens until such a point in time where we can position enough forces and technology against one another to then suddenly turn it on the Aliens.

I honestly don't know what to think. I do find it inconceivable looking at pictures from the Hubble Telescope that we could be the only intelligent life form in the universe. Sooner or later something is pound to happen that is concrete enough to dispell the notion that we are.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It sure is interesting to say the least what their motives might be. It likely is fascinating to them to watch how violent we are towards one another and that might be part of their interest in visiting and watching.

Who knows it probably is to them. Maybe to them its like watching the discovery channel. Or maybe they make bets on who will win. You never know.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

This isn't like guys with spears fighting guys with guns. This is more like a lone ant trying to take on the entire human race.

Excellent point, though it makes me want to hum the song about the ant and the rubber tree plant!

I hope I am not stuck humming it all afternoon now!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
30mm cannon vs Mothership!

Snicker.

News headline of the future: Pilots ordered to stop painting flying saucers on planes to record kill count, UN general secretary says "Thats just bad taste."

I wonder if that would be the mindset of a caveman if he were to see a B-2 bomber fly over. "Me Kronk use BIG spear! You see, me get one soon!"

Oh well and if we do shoot one down? I certainly hope the civilization that made it doesn't get mad...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

no wonder we have not made contact yet. Our idea of saying hi is shooting down their ride. How does that work they visit us, we shoot them down and then go on to tell them how civilized we are?

It is incredible that they would take that chance isn't it? I am pretty sure that anyone visiting the planet would have a hard time noticing we all don't get along too well!

Who knows they might be waiting for the day that we do before they decide to make contact. Grab a Snickers Bar is all I can tell them if that's the case!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The orders to shoot if they appear hostile certainly are interesting. Also the question of how you would tell if they are hostile.

Are we not supposed to be visited by numerous species of alien? If so could this clarify that not all of them have peaceful intentions? There is numerous evidence that there are hostilities taking place and here are two basic examples:

• Reagan's Star Wars Programme with apparent footage of Earth shooting at a UFO entering our atmosphere: uk.youtube.com...

• Philip Schneider claimed to have killed two Greys & to be one of only three people to survive an 'incident' that occurred in 1979 between Grey aliens and U.S. military forces at the Dulce underground base

Anyway, that's unlike us English to shoot first and ask questions later, we used to prefer the 'sit down and have a cup of tea' method!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Oh well and if we do shoot one down? I certainly hope the civilization that made it doesn't get mad...

What's to get mad about? It's just a hostile gesture the destroys property and could result in the loss of life! We sure haven't travelled to far from our caveman days have we?

With out luck it will end up being a retired Alien couple seeing the Universe in their Recreational Saucer. Can you imagine that phone call home? Mom, Dad what were you thinking you know that planet is quarantined for a reason! We know but the man at the recreational saucer shop swore to us nothing in Earth's arsenal could bring this baby down!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
this is a very interesting article because there is a lie in here. What about all the back engineered stuff? There is a lot of evidence to suggest that ufo's have come down, have been captured and there is communication between ET's and government agencies not only in america but in britain too. For this reason i am suspicious about this article, what are they trying to tell us? Ufo's have been reported in the mainstream media alot lately, much more than usual. Have any of u seen the disclosure project? One of the witnesses there said she used to work with dr. wernher von braun who was adiment that the government wants to give an excuse to weaponise space by creating an alien threat which is all a lie. Soon it wont be terrorists that we are being told to fear, it will be the aliens.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting article. I remember seeing Unsolved Mysteries years ago and them talking about the military seeing UFOs and they scrambled jets and when the jets got up there the UFO sped off. I think our weapons would be like us talking an F-22 Raptor to the Roman Empire days and watching to see if the Legionnaires could take it down

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I'd rather get chummy with some weird googly eyed thing(as long as it wasn't out to get me) than I would with Al Quaeda, Hamas and their ilk.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
this is a very interesting article because there is a lie in here. What about all the back engineered stuff? There is a lot of evidence to suggest that ufo's have come down, have been captured and there is communication between ET's and government agencies not only in america but in britain too. For this reason i am suspicious about this article, what are they trying to tell us? Ufo's have been reported in the mainstream media alot lately, much more than usual. Have any of u seen the disclosure project? One of the witnesses there said she used to work with dr. wernher von braun who was adiment that the government wants to give an excuse to weaponise space by creating an alien threat which is all a lie. Soon it wont be terrorists that we are being told to fear, it will be the aliens.

Assuming that disclosure does happen, and that extraterrestrial visitation turns out to be the subject disclosed, I very much doubt that they will admit to knowing this decades ago. Disclosure, if it happens will most likely seem like a new discovery.

With this in mind, the recent NASA press confierence about methane in mars and this report all seem to point to an eventual "discovery" event as opposed to an eventual admission of coverup.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

I'd rather get chummy with some weird googly eyed thing(as long as it wasn't out to get me) than I would with Al Quaeda, Hamas and their ilk.

There is some speculation the Habiru were fathered by aliens. There is some very credible cuniform and scroll evidence that the Habiru/Hapiri were linked to supernatural celestial events in pre-Christian times and that the Habiru/Hapiri were threatening and hostile in ways.

If true, then El Queda and Hamas are actually fighting the bad guys many of us defend as good guys!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join