It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 gets CNN coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Mostly the same stuff that we've all read is contained in this article

Just thought I would point it out to people on ATS since the MSM is talking about it.

My opinion... We should look at 2029 - 2036.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Well I have to agree with most of what is said on there. There is so much hype over it all and outlandish claims about the end of the world, Planet X, Reptilian invasion and so on. All BS as far I can tell. But I do think that date may be an interesting time frame to be in and strange happenings may take place but with all these stories about it it is very hard to tell what will be, nothing probably just a mark on some calender.

Don't get me started on al these 'I'm talking with Paleadians and we are all doomed in so many different ways depending on who's thread it is' jargon

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

This is interesting that they did take it up, and yeat most of whats stated there is the same thing stated in this forum
, but to this whole 2012 situasjon i remain quite a sceptic, becouse i cant realy se all the stuff happening. becouse atm with all the speculation and this pepole who try to connect the dots do it, it sounds more and more like a episode of star trek involving "q" than fact. But i do understand there isnt that much pure data on this subject and the pepole who always trys to connect the dots need aplause
i my self tried it on this subject but its just not done on this subject it has realy MAAAAANY aspects.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The funny thing to me is that the msm are starting to broadcast their own doomsday scenarios for 2012:

In this video Michio Kaku explains how the coming solar maximum, set to peak in 2012 could be disastrous in conjunction with the big hole in the magnetosphere that they discovered recently.

But it's quite obvious that even if there is something to the 2012 thing, most of the prophesies are going to be off because of the sheer volume of them and the mutually exclusive nature of them.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
While there is much truth in the article it also highlights the typical semiconscious western view. It pits the scholars against the doomsday theorists, which is fine. However the scholars are presented as the authorities, when in truth the Mayan elders are the real experts and their opinion is not even considered.

Typical western view of the indigenous cultures, if not for the half awake westerners we would be able to see the crucial lessons from them that would save us from ourselves.

Some of the statements from the so called experts seem at odds with what the Mayans have said and some self evident facts.
eg. "There is no serious scholar who puts any stock in the idea that the Maya said anything meaningful about 2012."
And yet there is a monument carved in stone that marks the date with significance. This is nothing but an appeal to authority, and the real experts remain voiceless.

I do agree that it has taken on cult like stasis and most of what is being thrown around has no basis or relationship with what the Mayans have said. From what I can tell, at least.

I think if there is any doom to be found in 2012 humankind will create it. It's up to us. The hype is blinding people all the while this planet is going to hell, I for one am not going with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The reports are very sarcastic
It gives permission to the general public to sneer at any-on who mentions the topic

I have done a bit of research and I want some guidance

The Mayan civilisation was 250 AD - 900AD (according to Wiki)

The long countdown started 3114 BC - nowhere near the Mayans

Did the Mayans adopt a calendar system that was from a previous unknown civilisation (Known to the Mayans and not to us)

or

Did the Mayans randomly choose a start date choose the start date.

Or does the end date dictate the start date ???

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yep -

"Oh that's just another Y2K scare".

"2012 - it was a movie, that will never happen"

"As long as my blackberry still works."

Is it just me or are news reporters getting more and more redundant, in just about every way. Not only that but the ones that are human look like they are under mind control (the dumbed down versions)?

2012 is a new age, and don't let these reptilian brained boogymen make you feel fear, that's what they want. If you take 2012 as a time for enlightenment and good times, you will cherish that rebirth. Bring it on!

wZn

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Just like CNN to make it sound like a hoax and there's nothing to worry about. Poosh! Annoying Conservatives the lot of them!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

MrVertigo, Ive actually seen a History Channel show with that Doctor talking about 2012.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Once again, don't assume anything that these people know for a fact something isn't going to happen in 2012.

They know as much as the rest of us on this planet, NOTHING.

So, just continue to live your lives, and think nothing of it.

Or hope for something to happen, like me. I'd rather this planet be destroyed than have to live on it any longer.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Once again, don't assume anything that these people know for a fact something isn't going to happen in 2012.

They know as much as the rest of us on this planet, NOTHING.

So, just continue to live your lives, and think nothing of it.

Or hope for something to happen, like me. I'd rather this planet be destroyed than have to live on it any longer.

hmmm i agree with you on almost all points, i dont think anything will happen. its will just be as normal. nothing special will happen at 2012, although if you dont wanna live on this planet i am sure there are ways for you to not do so.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I must say this 2012 thing is blowing up in our faces.
Wyh is there never presented any solid explainations or hard evidence to prove it is Nothing in 2012 ?

Comments like 'It is just BS' and 'No way' dosnt cut it !!
People are making bunkers on their own, they are preparing and I feel like panic may be at hand soon if there is no Clear statements on this issue.. People are not finding any evidence that this is 'NOT' going to happen and that is no good! I cant find any either, even I see people saying it on tv, but that is the Problem, they are just saing it and not proving it..

We all see the evidence and it is said it will get worse and we see that too.
Global warming our fault ? think not, it is an natural cyclic event and maby this pole shift is also an Cyclic event.

Cheers !!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
The reports are very sarcastic
It gives permission to the general public to sneer at any-on who mentions the topic

I have done a bit of research and I want some guidance

The Mayan civilisation was 250 AD - 900AD (according to Wiki)

The long countdown started 3114 BC - nowhere near the Mayans

Did the Mayans adopt a calendar system that was from a previous unknown civilisation (Known to the Mayans and not to us)

or

Did the Mayans randomly choose a start date choose the start date.

Or does the end date dictate the start date ???

I think that they did. There are a whole bunch of confusions from the time Spanish conquistadores got there which led to a even greater mess.

I still think that those temples are way older than archeologists say they are.

top topics

join