It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Release Of Iraq Minutes Ordered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Release Of Iraq Minutes Ordered

news.sky.com

The government must release the minutes of crucial Cabinet meetings discussing the invasion of Iraq, the Information Tribunal has ordered.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Maybe we will finally get to see what led the UK in to a war that should never of happened.

It would be good to see on what grounds, exactly, we sent troops in to a country that posed no threat to our own country.

I still believe that we went to war for oil - no other reason makes sense. War is good money and oil is king. If we actually gave a damn about suffering et al then we would have done something years ago to help the people in Sudan and other conflicts where we seem to sit back and do nothing.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/1/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What a crock!

Ultimately the decision may rest with the Prime Minister as to whether the minutes are released!

And guess what his response will be?

No or a veto. Guaranteed.

Yet another example of crooks covering for the crooks!

The minutes will do a good job in showing exactly who believed/supported/perpetuated the whole crap about WMDs, military capablilities and Al Qaeda involvement.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Agree, it's just a show for the public. Look people, aren't we open with our information!

It's like asking your daughter to show you her diary - yeah, no problem. I'll just rip the pages out where I was smoking dope and having a legover with the guy from the corner shop before I show it to you

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
I still believe that we went to war for oil - no other reason makes sense. War is good money and oil is king. If we actually gave a damn about suffering et al then we would have done something years ago to help the people in Sudan and other conflicts where we seem to sit back and do nothing.

Unfortunately the reason is even more simple than that. We went to war because America did. Tony Blair was just a sycophant who did whatever Bush wanted. We have made a huge loss in this war it is a drain on our over-burdened military who are ill-equipped and fighting for a false cause. We haven't benefited from the oil our petrol prices are still highest in Europe if not the world. And as for Sudan I hate to say it but the place is a lost cause unless you plan on going in there with overwhelming force and no mercy. China sells them weapons (to both sides) the janjaweed were set up and funded by the countries government and now are at war with the government and other militia organisations in the region. Theres not really much we can do (and I have studied the area so I am not making baseless judgements).

new topics

top topics

join