It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer 2010 ... It's coming ... Are you ready?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
THE MONGOL RALLY!

Do you long for a taste of adventure?

The world is just a little bit too safe. Gone are the days where the edge of the map called you forth to discover what lay beyond - satellite maps and GPS have it laid out before you leave the armchair. What if you want things to go wrong? What if you want a bit of unknown in a world full health and safety measures? What you need is the Mongol Rally.

Imagine yourself in the middle of the gargantuan Kazakh desert, your car slowly being shredded by the dirt track your map says is a motorway, completely lost hundreds of miles from civilisation with no back up crew to rescue you. Just you, your wits, your increasingly brown pants, a car that the laws of physics say shouldn't have got you past Peckham Rye and a slightly angry looking man with a gun.

If this all conspires to make you think, "my goodness that's a terribly silly idea" the Mongol Rally is probably not your cup of salted Mongolian tea. If, on the other hand, you think "hang on by gad, that's exactly what I need", you've found your calling, so reply to this thread or u2u me to find out what you'll be doing next summer.

I am starting up a team to drive from London to Mongolia for Hope and Homes Children's charity in the summer of 2010. I am looking for two team mates who ideally have a passion for travel, adventure and cars. I am based in London, England and so if you are close then that is always going to be a bonus.
I already have a vehicle, purchased for £50 (it runs just fine ... sort of) and so work needs to begin immediately.
I thought that this forum would be a good place to get a team together as we are all like minded folk.

This is living.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, I can not be apart of this due to my location (U.S)...but good luck!

Strange...I was planning a 9000 mile road trip for 2010 summer

While we will more than likely will be using GPS, it doesn't work so good in the woods ;o

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Good luck to you, and bring lots of water, and water filter systems to use your own you know what for drinking when your regular water runs out.

Also, i would spend some money on a satellite phone even if you don't want to use technology for the race, that is of course if the global economy gets better, and if nothing else happens that stops travel to places like Mongolia.

I hope you can fullfill your dream.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well....In summer 2010, I will be somewhere in south beach working on my tan.

I have promised my self a trip to Miami for a YEAR now, and by mighty, I am going to do so.

Good luck to you, hope all goes well.

top topics

join