It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston player to Chase Budinger's face: 'Sorry'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Houston player to Chase Budinger's face: 'Sorry'

[url=http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Houston-player-to-Chase-Budinger-s-face-Sorry-?urn=ncaab,136756]rivals.yahoo.com[/ur l]

On Sunday, MJD reminded you that, no, Chase Budinger's face is not a doormat. You can not go walking about on it. That's mean, Aubrey Coleman. That hurts Chase's face. ChaseFace doesn't like that, not one bit.

Coleman was ejected and Arizona went on to win their game over Houston 96-90 in overtime, and that was that. Today, though the saga of Aubrey and Chase continues. (By the way, "The Saga of Aubrey and Chase" would make either a great MTV couples show or a 1970's cop buddy drama). Coleman has now officially, and with God as his witness, apologized to Chase and his stepped-on face:

“I want to apologize to Chase Budinger for what happened Saturday night. I never meant to step on him,” Coleman said in a statement issued by the school. “I have never been in an incident like this before, and I have nothing but respect for him as a great player. I love the game too much to do something like that intentionally. I want to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart,” Coleman said. “I know that God knows what is in my heart, but I am hopeful that Chase will understand and forgive.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is a video of it here. Let me tell you something this guy should be banned from playing for the rest of the year. Now only was this intentional but it was done with pure malice. Look how he rams his foot down on this guys face as he is stepping on it. This is despicable and I hope the NCAA really takes it to this scumbag. There is no room for hoodlums in college basketball.

[url=http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Houston-player-to-Chase-Budinger-s-face-Sorry-?urn=ncaab,136756]rivals.yahoo.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What Coleman did was very unsportmanlike and childish. However, since this incident took place during a college basketball game, he's only going to get off with a one game suspension for stepping on the guys face. If that would have taken place in a major sports league. he would have at least a five game suspension. However, since it was college ball, he only got a one game suspension because he's a kid............

He's not a kid, he's supposedly an adult that basically threw a childish tantrum. If it were up to me, I would have suspended him for the rest of the year.

join