It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke From Iran Within This Year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Nuke From Iran Within This Year

news.sky.com

Iran will have enough enriched uranium to make a single nuclear weapon later this year, the prestigious International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) predicts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Title Fix

[edit on 27-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Is this the support the new administration will use to start military action against Iran? The propoganda is starting to escalate again, and we can only wait and see if Obama will refrain from using the dangerous precident set by Bush after his pre-emptive strike on Iraq.

I do not believe Iran is close to a bomb, but I don't have the info the government may have access to. I am just always curious about the timing of such announcements and how it relates to the world. Its a proven fact war stimulates the economy, and if the world economy needs to be stimulated that means a world war may be the chosen solution.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You may want to edit your title:

"uke From Iran Within This Year"

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
and the second part which the OP for somereason never quoted

"During 2009, Iran will probably reach the point at which it has produced the amount of low-enriched uranium needed to make a nuclear bomb," he said.

you use low-enriched uranium in power plants - and taking it from NPT allowed low-enrichment to high-enrichment needed for bombs is a massive world of difference.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is actually good news. They have got to test the nuke design to make sure it works right? So they only have enough for 1, which means that is the test bomb, then they will have no more materials.

I think this is propaganda. Iran should know blowing up one bomb would be suicide for Iran.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is the first I have heard of the IISS.

www.iiss.org...

Based in the United Kingdom, the IISS is a leading think-tank focusing on international security.

I thought the IAEA was the agency to pay attention to in these matters?

www.iaea.org...

The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis

uke From Iran Within This Year

That's perfectly insidious. That leaves the West only one powerful force to fight back with...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why are they so afraid that Iran "might" make a nuclear bomb when we have countries that are in our face, more unpredictable and we know "definitely" have nuclear weapons? In some cases we gave them to them. Can anybody say mangoes?

Don't let them relieve themselves on your head and tell you that it is raining.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Everyone, the international community included, is missing the point. We are not able to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, be it in 2009 or 2012 (the "officially" predicted date).

Then they will be in the same boat as every other nuclear power - use it, and face obliteration by your enemies.

It's as simple as that. Israel has already accumulated a stockpile, and doubtless has a contingency plan to eliminate every major population area in Iran with nuclear weapons.

Ditto, India and Pakistan, they are just farther down the same road.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There selling something:

www.iiss.org...

from that publication (bought for £117) is the extract you mention

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
damn ukelele-making bastards!!!!

We must not allow them to play Bulgarian folk songs!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think sometimes that I would rather be nuked than uked...Tiny Tim comes to mind

EXTERNAL IMAGE

Seriously, there is nothing that anyone can do to stop Iran from obtaining nuclear technology...but we can deny them critical resources like yellow cake uranium that might temporarily slow them down...

Source

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

you do know the USA supplied a fully working reactor in 1967? its still runs and is in Tehran? the IAEA have monitored all the years storage of materials and guess what

its never been touched and is in sealed storage there is enough plutonium if repreocessed to make at least 1 bomb

and yet iran haven`t touched it.

so they allready HAVE the materials needed and haven`t touched it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Interesting....no I wasn't aware..I'll def check into that, thanks!!

But that just reinforces my point...nobody can or will stop them...Iran will develop and produce a viable working device...all we can hope to do is slow them down..

Are you suggesting that Iran has no intention of developing nukes?

[edit on 27-1-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah the ISIS... real objective people... NOT.

Anyway, they ``might`` have enough ``low grade`` material, which any nation can literally buy on ebay for nothing to make ONE nuclear bomb...

And they don't have the technology to put this hypotetical nuke on a warhead on a missile. Making a dropping bomb out of it sure, that's 50s technology. But putting it on a missile? Huge leap.

And they would have to test it. Israel probably never tested their nukes, but they have acces to NATO supercalculators, and US nuke data. Israel may even have US nukes for all we know, so no need to test there. Iran would have to test, they are like NK.

This report is BS and they just want to prepare people for the next war/nuclear false-flag.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
^^ they are also selling a rather pricey report as well

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This report is BS and they just want to prepare people for the next war/nuclear false-flag.

I guess we have to be grateful that they are still making an attempt to fool us no matter how feeble. I fear the time when they stop all pretense and just do what they want without any concern to what we want.

Oh! They do that now? Then I guess we have to consider ourselves warned.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think it is about time Iran has some real bargaining power in the world. You notice all the world super powers have nukes. If Iran wants to better its citizens a nuke is the way to go. It is easy to ignore a bully when he's half way around the world with only his voice. Add a nuclear weapon to that and people now have to pay you some attnetion.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The WMD card was played only 6 years ago and was revealed to be a lie.

Iran is a target because they moved from the almighty greenback to the euro, hastening the inevitable collapse of the dollar. Plus, geostrategy, and an excuse to kick off WWIII.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If this story is true, then honestly I don't see the problem. Look at it from Iran's point of view, to them countries like the US and Israel must seem a pretty big threat, especially as they both have nuclear weapons. Wouldn't that make you want to build one of your own, so you felt like you were on a level playing field? I'm just saying. If Iran want to waste money on nukes because it lets them sleep safer in their beds at night, I'm all for it. As someone else said, if they used one then as a country they'd be completely obliterated in return, and I'm sure Iran know it. Like it or not, you can't stop them having a nuclear weapon, now that some others already have them.

Just my opinion. And if Iran build one then promptly launch it, I'll eat my guitar and put it on youtube

top topics

<<   2 >>

join