It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Day Racism: Kristallnacht by the beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Australia Day Racism: Kristallnacht by the beach

www.--.com

Over a hundred young men and women wearing neither shirts nor shoes were involved in such a riot in manly, shops destroyed, non-Europeans assaulted and one Asian-Australian lady aged 18 shattered with glass as hoodlums smashed her car windows: with her in the car. On Sikh taxi driver had his turban pulled off and his beard pulled in front of a jeering mob. Some of the rioting racists carried signs saying ‘Australia is full’ others chanted the sports slogan ‘Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi’.
Miriam Gould had travelled to Manly from Bondi, a suburb with a large population of Jewish holocaust survivors. Miriam was five when the Nazis came to power and living in Berlin.’ The last time I saw such scenes I was a little girl, it really was Kristallnacht on the beach: the same faces, the same hateful expressions, I never thought I would experience this again but I did, on the other side of the world.’ Commented Miriam. ‘The Australian flag was used like the Swastika’ she concluded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This sucks, racism is a blight on humanity!
The White Australia policy is a term used to describe a collection of historical policies that intentionally restricted non-white immigration to Australia from 1901 to 1973.

The chief architect of the policy, Alfred Deakin, conceded that the Japanese and Chinese[1] might be a threat to the newly formed federation, and it was belief that necessitated that they be kept out:

"It is not the bad qualities, but the good qualities of these alien races that make them so dangerous to us. It is their inexhaustible energy, their power of applying themselves to new tasks, their endurance and low standard of living that make them such competitors." [2]

The inauguration of White Australia as government policy is generally taken to be the passage of the Immigration Restriction Act in 1901, one of the first Acts of the new national parliament upon federation, the bill had support from the labour movement. The policy was dismantled in stages by successive Liberal governments after the conclusion of World War II, with the encouragement of first non-British and later non-white immigration. From 1973 on, the White Australia policy was for all practical purposes defunct, and in 1975 the Australian government passed the Racial Discrimination Act, which made racially-based selection criteria illegal.

Restrictions on immigration had preceded federation, beginning with anti-Chinese legislation enacted by individual Australian colonies during the Australian goldrushes of the 1850s.

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What is so shocking about the above information?

Multiculturalism didn't take off in a lot of white countries until the 70s.

Why not be more shocked about countries that are still MONOCULTURE like Japan, China most parts of Asia and The Middle East?
We've made China rich with all our imports but they still are predominantly MONOCULTURE. What are you going to do about that?

According to your interpretation of racism, they must be high on the scale and should be busted open with Multiculturalism so they don't appear to have an Asians Only policy.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
How did the number of people involved suddenly jump up from 25ish to over 100? Methinks there is a conspiracy to inflate the numbers to make this seem worse than it was.

Yes, the people involved were total idiots, I do not think you will find many Australians who would disagree with that. This does not reflect the entire countries attitude toward migrants, it only reflects the views of this minority of dipsticks.

Oh, and by the way there is already a thread on the Australia Day racism here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
What is so shocking about the above information?

Multiculturalism didn't take off in a lot of white countries until the 70s.

Why not be more shocked about countries that are still MONOCULTURE like Japan, China most parts of Asia and The Middle East?
We've made China rich with all our imports but they still are predominantly MONOCULTURE. What are you going to do about that?

According to your interpretation of racism, they must be high on the scale and should be busted open with Multiculturalism so they don't appear to have an Asians Only policy.

Chinese Monoculture????? You obviously don't know much about the place!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The irony of course is that Australians are noted for their emigration to other countries.

London for example appears to be full of them.

I have to admit that I find this particular brand of racism somewhat confusing. Nationalistic racism is normally based on something specific. In the Netherlands they hate Muslims because of their violent extremism and the associated murder of Theo van Gogh, in Italy they hate North Africans and gypsies because of the drastic increase in rape and theft, but what exactly is the beef with the Asian immigrants in Australia?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Already a thread about this. The article linked in it is the same but without the sensationalism that suggests it's only a matter of time until Australia invades Poland.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2Chinese Monoculture????? You obviously don't know much about the place!

yeah really coming down with African, Arab and European immigrants, communities, etc..................

As for use of the term "Kristallnacht", heard it all now

91 Jews Murdered
25,000 arrested and deported to concentration camps
Germany, at the time being run by the Nazis who were intent on confronting their two main gripes, the Jews and Bolshevists?

And this, this is the comparison?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
The irony of course is that Australians are noted for their emigration to other countries.

London for example appears to be full of them.

not so ironic given the shared language and close historical connection of the peoples.

I have to admit that I find this particular brand of racism somewhat confusing. Nationalistic racism is normally based on something specific. In the Netherlands they hate Muslims because of their violent extremism and the associated murder of Theo van Gogh, in Italy they hate North Africans and gypsies because of the drastic increase in rape and theft, but what exactly is the beef with the Asian immigrants in Australia?

The fact that they are there probably- the same would happen if Europeans started descending on certain Chinese communities in relatively large numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't so much blame the immigrants seeking to go to a better country and improve their life, I blame the authorities more

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Imagine a day well into the future when there is only one race due to interbreeding.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Imagine a day well into the future when there is only one race due to interbreeding.

WOnt make a bean of difference, as, well, for starters there will always be some variation- you only have to look at some of the tribal conflicts in Africa, where to outsiders, they have pretty similar skin tones (or even the "arabs" and blacks in darfur who, to the untrained eye look pretty similar!)

I say vive le difference, the gingers, the blondies and the blue eyes etc

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Very true, I was trying to find a positive. I failed

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian

You'll always have paler or darker skin, that seems to be all it takes.

I personally don't categorize it as racism, just as "Differencism" - if you're "different" someone will find a reason to hate you.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Already being discussed:

Racist Violence Mars Australia Day Celebrations.

Closed.

top topics

join