It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-Pub Kebabs Add 1000 Calories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Post-Pub Kebabs Add 1000 Calories

uk.news.yahoo.com

Doner kebabs in the UK have been found to contain the equivalent fat to drinking more than one and a half wine glasses of cooking oil.

A nationwide sample of the nutritional content of the takeaway meal found the average doner also contained close to an adult's entire daily recommended intake of salt.

Before adding salad and sauce the average kebab contained 1,000 calories but researchers found some with 1,990.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
On a similar topic of the health food called mcdonalds - i found tis and had to post

1 1/2 wine glasses of pure fat per kebab

holy **** , thats really quite a lot.

also when browning mince , especially the cheaper stuff you can get close to a pint of fat , aweful really what our food is bulked out with

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its terrorists man. Muslim extremists have infiltrated fast food shops all over the uk, in attempts to kill the western infidels slowly with heart disease and high blood pressure. Allahu Akbar.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Almost 2,000 calories in one meal. Sounds very efficient to me. Eat one a day and you're set.

I notice you call these "post-pub" kebabs. Beer isnt exactly low-cal. Especially the dark stuff. I know when I was a young drunk I could pound down 11-15 pints of Guinness in an evening out. That must have been an astronomical amount of calories. About 170 per so 1700-2040 depending. Put a kebab on top of that and I'm taking in double what the average individual needs. Of course then I was riding 400 miles a week on my bike so it all balanced out I'm sure.

Anyway. It's nobodys fault you eat crap but your own.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The amount of calorie is gross

No wonder people have so many health problems & obesity nowadays, end up feeling sick after eating all these foods!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Damn you for posting this, now I feel like a kebab

Had a few drinks tonight and the thought of a nice greasy kebab is almost too much to resist.....

CX

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Although i eat prety healthily most of the time, making my meals from scratch using fresh food from the grocers and local butchers......a donner kebab is one of the few seriously unhealthy things i'll still eat, even when i'm sober lol.

Some of the foods you get from the chinese takeways are as bad. I love those pancake rolls, the noodley things wrapped in a crispy batter. Last time i left one in the bag in a container, the container was about an inch deep in fat the next day!

You can see why people are in the state they are these days, and i don't blame the shops that sell the stuff, i blame the people who are stupid enough to buy it.

I get so fed up with seeing programmes about obesity on telly, where they focus on obese families who's kids sit at the breakfast table, necking a 2ltr bottle of Coke!

You don't have to be an expert in nutrition to eat healthily, nobody is that stupid that they can't see whats on their plate and not know if it's good for them or not.

A kebab is one of those foods that if people did not already know they were a heart attack waiting to happen, then there must be something seriously wrong.

I find the best way to give up something bad, is to find a food horror story connected to that particular food. I'm always curious as to where that big lump of meat comes from. Would fit ideally into a hospital waste bag

CX.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
hot damn got moved to bts ;P - -but yes , when you look at all the rubbish we stuff in our mouths it really is quite shocking

new topics

top topics

join