It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything New on ORB"S in digital photography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hope this is the right place to post this? Seems "chit chat"
is gone.I have seen alot of orbs in my digital picture taking and had written them off as dust flare from The flash.But now im not so sure i was at a site that really debunked what i thought i had figured out , they spoke of orb's being in half capture behind items like trees and other objects, they even went as far as as to duplicate posible similar events such as dropping talcum powder from a second story window then taking a shot and kicking up dust with the same result.
They could not duplicate the same type of natural occuring results.Plus when magnified the orb's themselves look different in their shape and complex makeup. I will try and find the site again and post it here to get some feed back, Do any of you other members have story's similar to this and what are your thoughts on this issue.I have done some experimentation myself and have found they really only appear when people are in the shot, and when the people have gone i take the same shots but with no orb's in sight ?
P.S I sell rings for a living does this count in the ATS search for the "RING"
Parker

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If i have posted this in the wrong area please feel free to move this post ,to an appropriate area.
Thank you in advance
Parker

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I thought I did a pretty good job of debunking orb's a few months ago on here. Since then I've taken the pics down. I'm going to stick to my guns and say it's dust regardless of how well they can be intercepted by objects. This is one of those subjects where I question how much people have riding on a theory. The true believers will not accept any other belief than that an orb is a "ghost" or whatever, it's stupid.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
well (this is my theory i have just this second thought of) light is EM energy right?well einstein proved that most ghost sightings were EM energy.so if the EM energy causing someone to see a ghost (be it a real one or imaginary/hallucination) could perhaps excite and charge dust molecules so you get orbs on digital photography as they have an "aura" of extra EM radiation around em.

just my crazy theory though

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have experience photographing orbs with both digital and 35mm cameras. The majority of orbs photographed with a digital camera can be attributed to particles floating around in the air; however, I have a couple that cannot be as easily explained. My 35mm tends to be the most reliable in terms of not catching dust/pollen that's in the air.

Most digital orbs are nothing but particles close to the lens, especially when using a flash. I believe some orbs are the real thing, whatever that real thing may be.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Is it possible to post some of those unexplained orbs? I for one think that orbs are just particles that are reflecting light.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well looks like there is one person "Bangin" who is willing to be a little more open minded about this subject . Although i respect the other posts as well thanks for replying ! .I purposefully left out the idea of these things showing up on straight 35mm film to see if anyone would respond to seeing them( Sans the digital equation.) I have seen them on 35mm as well without flash, I have purchased 800 and 1000 iso film to use with my trusty Pentax camera as well as a new lens. the flash on these cameras are higher up and should not reflect dust particles as readily onto film.
I like the post about the theory of the particles being somehow charged especially around people or place's that might have energy to them.

Parker

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by parker]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Anyone seen the Rendlesham article in March's UFO Magazine.
It shows lots of orbs in the forest.

They do disprove some of them (unknowingly) by saying that they only appeared on 1 camera when 2 people took simultaneously on different cameras. I don't get what caused the 'streamers' though.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
Is it possible to post some of those unexplained orbs? I for one think that orbs are just particles that are reflecting light.

I have a few pictures uploaded on the net. I'll dig 'em up and post a couple for your enjoyment.

The orbs that I find less explainable are the ones that have a 'trail' behind them, which indicates rapid movement. I doubt dust particles would display that kind of motion.

minimi, is there a link to the specific article?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Can somebody please clarify for me what exactly Orbs are. Are they little objects in the shape of circles that are in photographs? Also attributed to "spirits", or are they the circular balls that are seen floating around in videos? Or are they both?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm curious. How do pics of orbs compare to pics of fireflies in the distance? I'm just wondering if reflections off of insects or actual light producing insects could be the source of some of this.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Orion the hunter Im not sure if bugs or fire flys would be the solution to this phenom some ROD"S those fast moving things seen on video have been linked with insects but orb's are different.due to the fact they are seen in pics during the winter as well when there are no bugs.
as to the other post I am not an expert in this area. linkage between Ghost orb aparitions from video where they are seen moving around and the ones that show up in digital or 35mm still film are debatable .But i think you may be on to something there, it seems like a natural shape to use in this dimension if seen from the side it could look like a line but head on could be circular in appearance. The orbs seen on ghost video are able to pass through walls and disapear at will .not sure if they are the same or not ?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay
Can somebody please clarify for me what exactly Orbs are. Are they little objects in the shape of circles that are in photographs? Also attributed to "spirits", or are they the circular balls that are seen floating around in videos? Or are they both?

Thanks.

They are the kind of transparent white circles found in photos and on video, and i have heard stories of them being seen with the naked eye, but thats a bit off topic.

Simple answer to your question: Both.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
Simple answer to your question: Both.

Perfect answer!

Here are a couple of cropped images of orbs. The first was taken with a digital camera, and the second picture was taken with a 35mm (normal/inverted).

Taken at an old house:

Taken at an old cemetery:

I'll let you decide the nature of these orbs on your own. None of us can be for certain.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Actually I have a picture with several orbs in my most recent ATS blog entry that has NO people in the photo whatsoever although it does contain a rather odd glass pyramid filled partially with water... long story, don't ask.

You can see it by clicking my sig.

top topics

join