It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's snowing on Mars ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

It's snowing on Mars ...

www.guardian.co.uk

High in the sky above Mars, it is snowing right now. Very gently snowing. The snow does not settle on the rubble-strewn land below - not these days, anyway - but instead vaporises into the thin atmosphere long before it reaches the ground.

The first flakes of snow, on a planet that until fairly recently was believed to be waterless, were spotted just a few months ago. A Nasa lander near the planet's north pole was scanning the sky with a laser when it noticed the telltale signs of snowfall. The probe, called Phoenix, announced the news in a radio signal that was picked up by an overhead orbiter and beamed back to Earth. Nothing like it had ever been seen before.

The news of snow falling is just one piece of an extraordinary wealth of information that has recently been sent back from Mars by orbiters, landers and rovers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I love this!

With every passing day we see more and more news concerning Mars which dispels a lot of the myths surrounding the "red" planet.

Of course with the involvement of NASA it may be that we are not being given the whole picture, but the information that makes it out into the public domain is fascinating nonetheless.

I look forwards to the coming moonths and years and more revelations about Mars.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hmmmm how long before Al Gore gets up there to make sure we don't start global warming on mars?
I mean Climate change

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread. Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join